Here's why we can't connect anymore

Blunt truth: they terminated connections from console so they have more ressources for (loudest) PC players during the week-end.

In other words Blizzard decided to deny access to a game they sold us a couple of weeks ago rather than paying for the servers. Wonderful mentality isn’t it?

But anyway we didn’t had match making to start with - so why play online at all right ??

2 Likes

The pc experience isnt working either. Queue is 176 and has stayed that way for half an hour already.
I think they rolled out that queue system for pc players but our consoles take a while longer to be accepted by sony, microsoft, and nintendo so we may get it this week.
In the meantime, the issue every morning seems to be the same server lock they continue to encounter.
They really should tie their script as a cron job because the servers continue to lock at the same time every day.
its not ideal, but itll get them by until they solution a fix.

but hey. its blizzard, not a real software company.

Ummm no… PC is not working right now either
Stop making up stories

Console players are like Male Coworkers for blizzard, they are not that interesting.

If we consider the last week for the console players - > PS5 version can’t even start the game / Server issues like hell / no information from blizzard beside the forum post which came way to late / and now no reaction.

We can’t get our money back so we just have to play offline I guess. In offline we are not able so set players # but lets see what comes in the future.

In Diablo 3 where cheaters which blizzard didn’t care about so why should they care in Diablo 2 if evrything works fine?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s what I said: they rolled out a new way to connect for PC players (that works at times), and for consoles they decided to close the possibility to connect at all.

Is that annoying you that I state things briefly and clearly?

its an annoyance for sure.
However ime, it takes at least a day or two before consoles get the same update. Amongst other cross play games, that has been the norm.

That’s not related: closing the former way to connect while the patch is not yet distributed is a server-side decision. I’m just connecting the dots here as I can tell not everyone knows how this stuff works.

There’s no doubt that they had a meeting and decided explicitly to break to console game in order to save ressources for the weekend. Why? Because no dev would ever take such a decision by himself. You’d get fired right away. It has to be decided & motivated by hierarchy.

Besides, they consciously chose to return the “check your internet connection” error which is a way to conceal the fact that they closed the door to us. So really, that’s lack of respect all the way guys.

1 Like

Well, Blizzard couldn’t fix the problem is one thing, but not even announcing there is a problem is another thing. They can’t just cover it up and pretend nothing happened.

3 Likes

So basically this means: if PC players have a queue, than console can’t play at all because right now we dont have the “queue feature” in our clients. And we can only play when there is no queue at all.
Good job Blizzard. Instead of solving the problems that could have been forseen for a long time (its not that ppl did pindle/baal/countess/andy runs for 20 years now) you implement a system that locks out everyone that doesn’t play on pc and even if you do you have queues an crashes nonstop.

Nicely done. Where is the company that was so amazing? WoW goes down in subs, W3R was a disaster now you made another mistake with D2R.
Whats next that has to go down, StarCraft?

3 Likes

I’ll never understand the lameness of the comments console players. I’ve gamed most my life on pc and console myself I like consoles that doesnt make me any less a gamer than you because you have a labeled PC come on this isnt highschool. Other than that bnet should be perfect after 20 years hell I’ve seen indie mmorpg servers run better. Thanks for reading have a wonderful day.

1 Like

I can’t even connect for the first time to “authenticate” my game. Wtf is the bs. I can’t even play offline because I have to connect to battle net once which is impossible lately.

I smell a class action lawsuit in the works

I’m able to play offline just fine on console

Offline for simps…:thinking:

Huh? I don’t understand what you’re saying…