My thoughts about personal vs shared loot

You keep saying it’s the easy route.

You still literally have to kill things to get drops.

Easy route is your opinion.

What may make it easier is that people will actually play together ALOT more which makes the game easier especially if everyone’s meshing

Do you? So if you stand in corner while others kill, will you get drop?

I had to play a game of soccer to get my loot. You didn’t.

Want to log in now I’ll stand in the corner while you kill and telekinesis your drops

Good one, but it requires you to have certain hero, certain skill and most importantly there is casting time which will hardly compete with simply clicking on item.

This is not how personal loot works. To get personal loot, the character needs to be in close proximity to the killed monster. If you are NOT in close proximity, a personal loot character gets nothing.

In contrast in D2 currently with FFA, you can get to the monster kill location after the fact and get all uncollected gear. This makes FFA games worse in terms of “free items”.

Again see the point above. If you are standing in the room in close proximity, your character in hardcore is at risk irrespective of the loot system.

This is potentially worse in FFA. At most they leecher gets a binomial distribution of loot. In FFA, they can get all or a disproportionately high share.

This is not true. See:
Realm vs Game Loot Options - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Total drops are the same in personal and global loot games. In 8 player personal loot game, each player see only on average one-eighth (12.5% of total drops +/- binomial probability variance). In a FFA game, players see 100% of the drops. Due to player stratification, it will be difficult to gear up in personal loot games. Therefore, a compelling case can be made for personal loot being more difficult and FFA less so.

Do you understand participation medals and why people think they suck? When you can understand that concept, then try to understand why people would relate that to FFA loot.

Except at least you need to participate in personal loot game by being near the monster kill. In FFA, wait in town and let others kill the map. When the danger has passed, grab all the uncollected free loot. No risk but you get rewards.

In personal loot, you wait in town you get no drops whatsoever. You want personal loot, you need to be near to monster kills. At least there is some risk.

It’s a false concept because in ffa the person not doing anything can win all the medals.

In ploot the person not doing anything has to still be around for participation and the person doing everything will still get his/her medal

You are playing a game of soccer and one player stands around the whole time, but eventually that player steals the ball and scores a goal. The whole point would be to score a goal, but everyone playing the game can do it. Some players cheat and others follow the rules.

You literally just described ffa with that analogy except that guy standing there can steal the ball every time and score while you keep running around

And? Do you hate soccer?

Yes soccer is a wuss sport, you’re talking to a Canadian

Well thanks for explenation.

I would have to see it in action to see how well it would work in Diablo 2. I honestly doubt that they wil try to change something like that as its not so easy change and it requeres to change core game mechanic.

Um. I’m a Canadian too.

Wanna meet up on our polar bears and slash each other igloos with hockey sticks to see who is the superior maple blood?

I bet my beaver tails id wreck ya

Northern Ontario same here

Before this goes sideways:

In a FFA only game in D2, if a player waits in town while others kill the entire map, can that “waiting” character get any/all of the uncollected loot from the cleared map? This is as simple yes/no question.

I live around the Ottawa area. Snows pretty much gone.

Sure. That is what you all a scavenger.
It’s also an option available in Diablo 2.

You also see them in zombie survival games.

It is not simple yes/no answer.

So Yes, but items have time period after they will dissapear if they are not picked up.

10=white 20=magic 30=rare/unique (minutes)