Your suspension/reporting system needs a serious internal policies & procedures review

Whats frustrating about it is you get wrongfully banned. Which, ok, I get it a tech glitch happens… people were being jerks and reporting people for no reasons… and things got scuffed. Ok, I get it… things happen. But then you see people getting unbanned for the same thing and your ticket is sitting at 22 hours unread.

The kind of thing that makes you bonkers. Just confusing as hell.

It shouldn’t be that confusing. Tickets are responded to in the order they are received, and the current wait seems to be running in the neighborhood of 5 days. This issue cropped up 2 or 3 days ago, and you submitted your ticket just 22 hours ago. That means there are probably quite few people in queue ahead of your.

Be patient, your ticket will be addressed in due course.

2 Likes

Yeah I appreciated it and understand. Its just basic frustration of an error causing an issue and having to miss out because of it. I don’t hold it against them personally… I know their is only so much that can be done at one time.

That is not the totality of what was said. Reports matter however - the rest of the story is that it has to be over multiple games and the logs need to show no dmg/healing over those multiple games. It is not just reports that are used in the metric.

That does seem harsh for a first offense. I know Blizzard has been increasing penalties because the shorter ones don’t seem to have the desired impact. For example Silences doubled each time, but that was not curbing the behavior. They are back to using Suspensions for chat violations again.

It stands to reason they are doing the same for PvP infractions to stop people from just leaching honor without helping. Again, I do agree 30 days for a zero infraction account seems long, but I am not the one who makes policies so my opinion is not worth much.

2 Likes

Quite frankly, blame the playerbase. Blizzard tries giving warnings, giving second chances, giving deserter debuffs, silences for chat violations…and players don’t listen. They shrug it off and continue being toxic morons. Some people even took the silences as a badge of honor, and pushed harder to get as long of a silence as they could, for the laughs.

Blizzard is sick of it, as are the majority of players. A punishment is not supposed to be “fair” or “acceptable”. It’s supposed to stop the behavior from happening again. So when people start complaining about how it’s too long of a punishment, or it’s going to affect their progress in the next patch/expansion, then it’s possible that Blizzard is doing something right.

4 Likes

His original post (title) is accurate regardless. but yeah it’s mostly just for general player support.

In 2022 it’s impossible to actually talk to a human being in CS. There’s no active phone number, email, or live chat. Considering that they’ve banned many players wrongfully in the last ban waves and are auto banning due to mass reports, (although I’m sure many are justified) it’s no surprise people are irritated getting the same scripted ticket responses over and over.

Live chat is only for Billing, Account information changes, and some limited tech support. Appeals are NEVER handled via live or phone. They never were supposed to be but some people cheese the system to get to a live person then dump it on them.

Those are ticket only. Blizzard is not going to get into an argument with a banned player.

The only option is to appeal. If it turns out it was a false positive based on an algorithm (which has happens with some bot cheating ban waves) then they will overturn it. If they change their mind on the duration of penalty, they will change it.

Mass reports don’t do this alone - it has to be backed by logs. If the reports are over multiple games and the logs show no DPS/Healing, then the GMs will take action.

“Mass reporting” in this case should have no impact.

6 Likes

There is a call back system, but only for tech support or billing issues, not for appeals. There used to be, a long long time ago, but players abused the hell out of it.

I don’t think there was ever an email. Personally, I hate doing support via email.

Live chat is tricky, it’s only available certain times during the day, BUT again, not for appeals. It’s for Tech Support and Billing issues.

There is NO Auto-Ban due to mass reports. The ONLY thing automated is the squelch, and that just shuts down your chat for a while. You people need to stop pushing this garbage.

Sure some got hit, but it’s was not that many as you think, more bullhocky from the playerbase.

If you have to relay the same information over and over to people, you use templated information. There isn’t enough time in the world to custom write a response to EVERYone.

9 Likes

Kinda ironic that my nearly identical thread yesterday resulted in me being given ‘the business’ about suggestions not belonging here within 60 seconds, and my thread moved to General within three minutes.

Yet this identical suggestion sits here for two days so far and 70 replies.

I guess I was too verbose. Yeah, that’s gotta be the reason.

Thanks, crew! Makes me really feel part of the regulars here.

1 Like

Generally, if a thread receives a Blue response on the CS forums, it cannot be moved.

1 Like

OIC

/10char

1 Like

Yes, if we have an answer in the thread - we don’t typically move them.

1 Like

I got it.

Also, ironically, since I cannot post in General (not having an active account), you may want to look at the loophole that lets people post non-CS stuff here, then getting it moved to General, where they cannot technically post.

People took my thread and ran, and I couldn’t even reply. Fair game, since I am disallowed from posting there anyway.

Just an odd, ironic situation.

My bad, sorry for the derail, etc., etc.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t really consider it a loophole. New people and those coming back without time on their account, need to have someplace to post the account, technical and billing issues. Yeah, people do come here with Non-CS stuff, but those are generally moved and sometimes shutdown (due to hostility). Forums are a perk of a paid subscription.

1 Like

Thought I would post this very concerning comment from Sarth’s youtube video on the ban wave.

“Hi, I worked as a GM in Paris for 3 years and during my period I dealt with a lot of big bans, we can’t remove the ban we don’t have access, and we need to contact senior GMs which are very few! We were always told to say that the ban wouldn’t be overturned ect, even if the ban was incorrect, it’s just to much work.”

I desperately hope this is not the case. That a handful of people have to sort through god knows how many appeals. Again it would be nice if we had some clarity on what to expect from blizz.

1 Like

I’d take that youtube video with a grain of salt.

IF they did work as a GM, how long ago?

We all know policies and procedures can change.

5 Likes

Disagree. Some punishments are definitely unfair and unacceptable.

1 Like

Disgusting to treat customers that way. Wow…

1 Like

The problem is as of now a stupid youtube comment from a potential ex employee is the only form off communication we are receiving.

Blizz we are here we are waiting for some news good or bad.

Some random person claiming to have worked for Blizzard chiming in on someone’s YouTube comments. Seems legit.

Even if they spoke the truth, that person would have fallen under the EU’s practices, not NA that sets the rules and mandates here. If that had been the rule though, don’t you think something so shady wouldn’t have come out long before this? Especially over the past year or so when all other things have come to light, something like that would have been kept quiet?

6 Likes