Your suspension/reporting system needs a serious internal policies & procedures review

I enjoy AV too. That’s not the point. No one is going into AV right now to have a fulfilling mutli-objective experience. You’re being cruel to think someone deserves a 30 day ban because they sat in the wrong tower for 5 minutes while you sat at Drek.

Honestly if I was banned for 30 days right now for not trying hard enough in a BG I wouldn’t see that as an incentive to come back and do better. I’d unsub and take it as a sign to stop wasting my time lol No one deserves a 30 day ban for their first offense AFKing :person_shrugging: I don’t see how this teaches a good lesson, the general response I’ve seen has been confusion and/or upset.

2 Likes

That right there is non participation, if guys are already working on downing Drek (or Stormpike), you should be there helping, holding a tower while the other’s are doing the heavy lifting is a garbage move.

4 Likes

…And you think someone waiting to kill the boss deserves to be banned from the game for 30 days…?

1 Like

If you are not doing anything in the BG at all, you deserve what you get.

2 Likes

Okay so if you think a 30 day ban is fair for someone waiting for the boss, what if the BG decided you deserved a 30 day ban because you were wasting time back capping? The only GM that commented on this said “non-activity” is up to the group and you need to adapt to the group - Right now the meta is rush to the end, cap 2 towers, and be ready to go on at boss the moment the 2nd tower is down. If you’re horde, even a few second delay going in on the boss will cost you the game. Since you decided to be nowhere near boss and not follow the script…should you be banned for 30 days? You were back capping, but that’s not really “Doing anything” of value because only 2 towers down matter. You’re not helping because you’re not there to help kill the boss and we needed that extra dps to beat the other team’s boss kill, so you should be banned, right?

1 Like

Which is completely fair. I don’t particularly agree with that duration for a first offense either, but that is how they decided to do it. I’ve been hovering on multiple threads over several forums. Confusion is there, but upset and anger are far more prevalent. Even if those sanctioned now don’t learn from it or choose not to come back at all - people who haven’t been sanctioned have likely heard of the wave and it’ll make them reevaluate how they play AV in the future.

That said, this isn’t the best place to be discussing or debating the ins and outs of how to run the BG. Nothing posted here is seen by the staff who should be seeing it, only our SFAs staff this particular forum.

1 Like

Sounds like that is what Blizzard is doing. Seeing how we don’t know the details of the suspensions and just hearing the whining from players that are likely not even truthful about what went down. White Knighting isn’t gonna help. Until a huge mass of players come back saying the suspensions was overturned, I’m gonna assume the worst and people got what they deserved.

Yah my guild wont do AVs anymore lol they don’t want to be unfairly banned. So I guess if that was the outcome they were hoping for :person_shrugging: Mission accomplished?

Who is white knighting? lmao I’m just replying to what you said, and explaining in your own logic how silly this all is

In the scenario where you’re actually playing the meta, doing anything but being ready to go in at Drek the second the 2nd tower is town is not helping and being dead weight. So by this logic - everyone not sticking to the optimal meta deserves a 30 day ban? You must see how ridiculous it is in this scenario - and it’s not just hearsay I’m going by what the GM posted today and your own take on the subject…

Well, deserter debuffs and seven day suspensions wasn’t working, now it stings. Most people are whining not about the 30 dyas, it more of the timing of the suspension, they are gonna miss out on a few things.

You’re not actually answering the question here. It doesn’t matter, because banning for not playing optimally isn’t okay no matter how you spin it - so I understand why you don’t want to backpeddle and admit that when its laid out for you!

Also at least from what we’ve heard, none of the people who were given a 30 days ban today reported having received a previous suspension. If they did I wouldn’t be complaining - that would be a very different story then a 30 day ban for their first time sucking at AV

And you believe them? Everybody in prison is innocent and didn’t do it (if you watched Shawshank Redemption).

1 Like

I do believe there are enough people upset about this that at least some of them were never given previous warning - which seems to hold up as we are now seeing a reversal of many of these bans

Then you can expect the selfish and anti-social behaviors to continue.

3 Likes

Ok. I’d rather someone be allowed to go take a pee or not understand how to play AV, or just plain slack off, then have any part in removing them from the game for 30 days over any of that! Just extend the deserter debuff into multiple days imo

1 Like

Really, I haven’t seen any reversals? From I understand reviews are taking a few days, and those people will come back here crowing. No crowing here so far.

2 Likes

Mostly saw them on reddit but found a few searching the forums too

You don’t understand how it works when it comes to non participation suspension? It’s not one game and you are done, it has to happen consistently over quite a few games and the behavior is repeated. Going to bathroom once won’t get you into trouble, but doing constantly over several games in a row will (and you might need to see a physician)…

3 Likes

Oh, Reddit, bastion of truth and honesty, Tell that to the Security Guard they doxxed and harassed for a bombing suspect, until it was confirmed he was at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

As for forum posts, link them.

3 Likes