"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

Time rifts are perhaps a bad example because they are extremely laggy and buggy. Otherwise I would really like them in terms of casual world content.

hard disagree about the overworld not being stale. Another second rare hunt patch, for another expansion
 only this time without gear?! Neat
 :yawning_face:

1 Like

Not really

1 Like

No. I don’t want mythic gear for logging in.
I don’t want to be forced into Mythic+ strategies and told pull Mythic+ Recount stats in a heroic dungeon with randoms. I’m doing what I can. Leave me alone.
Please educate me if I ask how do avoid dying to an encounter on request.

Thanks for your input. :slightly_smiling_face:

Where do you stand in terms of solo/casual content? Do you do it? Or support it for those that do it? How do you feel about current loot for solo/casual content? I think its already pretty good.

so do harder content if you want people to respect content.

I always thought that when we first got followers that our own alts would be perfect, like we could assign an alt to us depending on what role we wanted them to be and they’d behave as the role they are spec’d into, keep their name, and gain experience for being with you :blush:

2 Likes

They earned it? They paid someone a bunch of gold(or Rl cash) and got a run through to get all the exclusives? As long as there are gold runs, there can be no respect for that garbage.

He paid a gold seller? and got handouts for his cash?

You should get professional help then.

3 Likes

Lots of selling runs on Dungeon Finder, or least when I last checked.
AotC achievements is when I started seeing this stuff.

I don’t need professional help. You clearly have never played on a sports team.

If I want to raid at a high level then things like Korthia for conduits or ZM for the leggo weren’t optional.

1 Like

Reading up on the context on this whole thing, tracing quote after quote, I definitely dislike content blocking other content.
Exampe: The Mists of Pandaria questline required to do Battlegrounds for a Legendary Cloak, but its 90% PvE questline. PvP is not my idea of fun but I’m forced to do it anyway. It sucked, imo.

1 Like

No, but I have done martial arts. I you have to do x to compete at Y level, no one is forcing you. You have to do the work to get the rewards. No one forced you other than yourself.

2 Likes

As technically correct as that may be, if your team fails because you slacked off at least part of the fault lies with you. And the weight of blame is much more real than many people would care to recognize.

1 Like

I’ve been with FFXIV a long time as my side MMO when WoW gets stale and remember back when people used to make their player houses into really cool RP venues. I don’t know when or why they transitioned to these cringe nightclubs, but I wish they would stop.

It’s a shame, because I honestly think Dragonflight is a good expansion overall, and gearing this season is probably the best its ever been (for me at least). That said, WoW players are just broken. They’ve optimized chasing that carrot so much that treating this game like a second job is not only acceptable to them, but should be required if you want to get the same pixels as they have.

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s take the ilvl gap between the maxed out world player and maxed out instance player and multiply it by 10.

I LOVE this idea.

I know it’s pie-in-the-sky thinking, but wouldn’t it be cool if you could have a personality page for the alts so they could say some dialogue in chat?

1 Like

You can always take that to this thread. See how well that’s received. Tell them “play Mage, Auggie, or Shadow Priest if you want to respect content”.

FF14 does solo dungeon content with ai team mates, preferably having players is faster cause they can pull more, heal more, and dps more than the AI. Also FF14 doesn’t have multiple level dungeon difficulties just one and it isn’t a huge focus like WoW is when it comes to dungeon vareity / difficulties. So if wow mimiced this i would still que for in groups unless que times were 15mins or higher.

1 Like