"You want mythic gear for logging in!"

there’s a vast difference between people yoloing heroic dungeons, and say a +20.(which anyone can do.)

Then maybe mythic gear players should stay in their tier of content and not destroy casuals?

Leveling in dungeons is more fun and far faster than leveling, even with Morchie Time.

I hate this argument.

“Why would you care if the entire basis for the game was destroyed and turned upside down? Just curious”

This is a character/gear progression game. Suddenly making the entire system of progression trivial is not good for the game.

1 Like

You had that in WoD, but they didnt do it raid, and the expansion itself was bad.

Had that in wod too

But what about

Wich rewards do you want, if not toy or mounts ?

1 Like

The whole game is about doing some things in group. If you dont like it, thats on you

Wrong, but thanks for trying! I will always bring up things that are causing the game to decline.

3 Likes

It’s infuriating, because there’s no report option for people spamming full-chat sized paragraphs 5-6 in a row for hours on end bouncing server to server on generic level 1 characters.

It’s not like WoW where blocking someone blocks all of their contact. There’s no right click → report for it… You have to manually ticket it as harassment, and they dismiss it because the character gets deleted at the end of the spam-session and remade non-stop.

FFXIV’s player housing single handedly is why no other MMORPG should introduce player housing for any reason.

1 Like

Play couple of hours every other day. Do most of solo casual grind. Four low +6 mythics and couple of LFR raids . only one currency for gear leveling feels great and my 410 -420 gear score feels pretty cool for casual play. I am happy all in all

2 Likes

Even if those things are purely on your imagination ?

Dude, if you want to play solo in a MMORPG, you’re just handicapping yourself with your stubbornness

1 Like

i personally think it would be cool if there was a skill mode. kinda similar to WoD challenge mode.

where u get the same gear and ur skill determines if u win or not

Don’t worry, they aren’t. Game has hugely declined.

Not what I said, but yeah people need progression when their friend/guild isn’t available.

You’re just making stuff up too!

1 Like

Snozy is one of those that thinks the standard for running high content is doing everything that is lower. It is not that he is wrong, but he is a bit blinded as there are those that can do mythic with normal or lesser gear.

I can somewhat see the point, but if the difference is like say 1% increased DPS, or anything that can be made by tweaking talents, consumables, etc then I would not care if they did the lesser content as long as they were able to bring their A game to the content.

You’d all be surprised to know that when you stop caring about your gear, and especially complaining about other’s people gear, the game becomes fun again. Past getting to a point you can do story content comfortably, it doesn’t really matter. Most people would jump at transmog rewards with new models over mythic gear.

2 Likes

I’d love to see some BDO style gear in WoW.

1 Like

The solo dungeon thing is actually interesting to me as a player that does do some challenging content still here and there.
The idea of leveling up “followers” and doing harder “solo” challenges with them to unlock appearances for them, and even story, is pretty massive.

Also, anybody who compares player housing to garrisons does not play other video games at this point. Play anything other than WoW. That was not housing, does not have any of the features of housing, and will never be housing. Get over it.

3 Likes

A mega-post like this …

… in an expansion that gave, FOR THE FIRST TIME, a complete tier set for “casual/ outdoor” players.

Although you cover some other topics, I’m more than a little tired of hearing about how the “outdoor” players are forgotten, when all THEY seem to do is forget they are DROWNING in stuff to do, they’re just too busy whining to realize it.

Your main complaints could be summarized in that we don’t need more SOLO content, we need more content that the AVERAGE group can complete. Why is it bad to accept that the average WoW player is not very good? The bar keeps getting higher and higher, but the skill of the average player in not following that bar.

We don’t need more solo content, we need to bring the bar back down so GROUPS can player together and HAVE FUN.

The continued focus from threads like this on solo play belong in solo games. WoW is not that.

Thank you for your instructive and insightful recommendation.

I want a story like SWTOR where it leans HEAVILY on player choice.

Interesting.

I am playing for the same reason. My wife enjoys the game and we play together much of the time.

She likes the art, the music, the open world, exploring, seeing other players in game - people watching, dressing up her characters, mounts and pets, and progressing alts. She is not a “group” content player.

She, and me, are not the customer base that appears to be valued but so far our money is accepted.

3 Likes