X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

It’s too little for a “revamp”, I’m tiring of saying that Holidays should have massive improvements once and then it could be evergreen content.

• Rewards via a deterministic way and usable rewards like XP potions, Runes…etc

• Currency provided by different activities, so a player can pick their best experience.

• Those activities could be a Soup Event but thematically preparing a Witch Brew or Chocolate, a Superbloom kind of event…etc similar to those world events or modify those events during each holiday, PvP brawls also modified or new ones, so PvP players have something new, Instance bosses that feel fun (I don’t mean impossible / difficult).

ETC… there’s plenty of ideas that could be added to the game but Hallow’s end was like few new candy locations, the hardmode was interesting but that’s all and the rewards Arfus , Saddle were more of the same, then we’ve love is in the air with not hardmode, same bad rewards and new ones with same bad rng, a few new quest and that’s all.

Sameee

3 Likes

I guess we now know why blizz ignored us in 2024 love is in the air, they were all working on plunder whatever it’s called that I’ll never try … nice work chimes.

It, in absolute fact, was no such thing.

People are seemingly taking one small portion of the post I made, which has many valid points for certain types of players.
Creating false narratives based on person beliefs. Not what was written.

This is a prime example. No where in the post did I say anything regarding love rocket. Yet people will assume I mean everyone who wants change to the drop chance for this item is pathetic.

I just want to say one thing. Your posts could really use a couple look overs before you hit that post button. Like we’ve discussed before and you’ve brought up our private DM’s in a completely public space (which I did not appreciate) you have a terrible time with words and phrasing what’s on your mind.

If you want to not feel like we’re jumping at you, please, read your own posts before you hit send and ask yourself:

-“Will this offend someone?”
-“Am I getting my point across in a manner that can be easily understood?”

You need to predict how people will respond and write your post on how you think people will react. This is honestly why you’ve gotten so much flak and I really WANT to try to help but every time I’ve privately approached you, you seem to just brush it off and want to end the discussion instantly.

I don’t mean to come off as hostile but myself and others are at our wits end trying to figure out the way you approach things and decipher your posts because a lot of the times they’re like a puzzle and its extremely hard to understand.

I’d like to add one more thing before I poof for the night: But you make yourself seem so unapproachable which is why I have not tried to further discuss things with you in private.

3 Likes

If you don’t understand what part of your post is flame baiting, then this discussion is mute.

I’ll give you a hint though, it’s the part where you called people pathetic and made light of how they feel about drops in this game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You said item and love rocket is an item. You were talking about items in general.

Nope, this is you.

I don’t get how you didn’t think that collectors will relate this to X/Y items and the biggest offender that’s love rocket in a thread that’s called:

Addressing In-Game Event Rewards (Holidays and Celebrations)

:man_shrugging:

Its about Holidays and Celebrations, specifically about their reward structure…And you’re calling fellow players pathethic, you could say that you don’t want to see improvements because it conserves rarity in your point of view…etc without attacking the collector community that grinds this items with armies of alts and its contantly claiming for changes.

Besides all that, Rewards should be improve and the gameplay too, right now we’ve a really bad gameplay from Holidays that is alive just by the low RNG. I mention this because Fleewod OP finish with this point:

Continuing the discussion from Addressing In-Game Event Rewards (Holidays and Celebrations):

And Blizzard should prioritize that.

6 Likes

Hey Ravij, thanks for your threads in the CC, I just notice you lost the status, you were always around other forum sections checking our feedback :+1:

2 Likes

It may have been discussed before in some of the various threads revolving around holidays/events and hard to obtain cosmetic items are not all created equal. This isn’t a huge revelation by any means, but it seems like cosmetics that players will want to collect fall into 3 categories. Permanent, annual, and single occurence.

Permanent ones are low drop rate cosmetics from raid bosses in old expansions or similar things that do not have a limited window. Annual events like Love is In The Air that are guaranteed to occur every year. Single occurence events like the Hearthstone 10th Anniversary that is currently going.

If people had to ballpark numbers for what they view as an acceptable chance to get all of the items from these different types of events, what would you suggest? Here are some ballpark figures based on someone who is actively participating in the event and doing the daily quests etc.

• Permanent- I’m unsure what the drop rates on mounts from old raids are, but I don’t think there’s any issue with those as people can farm them every week if they want. They won’t lose that opportunity.

• Annual- I’d say if players had a ~75% chance of getting everything in one year, that’s not bad, as long as there is a decent chance to have everything in the second year. We don’t want a repeat of some people farming for the love rocket for 10 years.

• Single Occurrence- I’d say these should be at or near 100% as long as people are participating decently. There is only one shot at them before they are gone unless they pop up in the trading post or something.

Obviously these are just some numbers off the top of my head and having data on the actual internal stuff would go a long way to see how likely players are to actually getting things. I feel like this would make it mostly stress free.

2 Likes

Permanent: Would say it’s about 1 percent chance on average for old raid mounts, BFA dungeons might be 1/300 for whatever reason. Agree with the point they can be farmed all year each reset.

Annual on a vendor: Illidari Doomhawk fits somewhere between the last 2 examples. Other seasonal mounts would count also.

Single occurrence: Current event Hearthstone, prepatches etc limited time special cosmetics that might never crop up again

I’m a bit torn from that last Q&A, it’s intended this mount remain quite rare. Though I agree it doesn’t feel good not getting X-45 year after year. The other love is in the air vendor, token mounts I found easily obtainable, having bought the new mount and toy gondola added using two alts doing dailies. For the RNG annual drop mounts closer to a 1 percent chance (though I’m a bit of realist also). Am part of the collector community & Having new items to collect this past year was better than just another year or not getting X-45. I felt excitement that I was collecting some new items at least.

2 Likes

Hi Daenerys, Akariliselle, Keep the feedback, lets not forget about Holidays, specially gameplay, I care a lot about this reward but the process has a lot of issues too.

I hope the feedback reach Blizzard before next year, the time is now because they take a lot of time to do any change.

If Devs don’t plan to change the loot drop, some changes that could help the collector community:

• Stop moving the minimum level for the epic box, moving it 10 levels with every new expansion isn’t required anymore, it only impact collectors doing huge amount of alts.

• Remove limit instance for these events.

Provide feedback in the C.C even if that’s ignored, the gameplay should be improve a lot, imo.

2 Likes

Yup; CC no more. It’s a little freeing tbh and I’m not too sad about the status being gone. I did most of what I’d set out to do while a part of the CC in the year I had. I have returned to my natural state of white text.

I have returned to my people.

4 Likes

lol blizzard is doing same with the Easter event, once daily mount farm lol.

5 Likes

I’m actually speechless at this point… they said they “didn’t like what they did with arfus” to literally go and double down and do the EXACT SAME THING with noblegarden…

I have no words…

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

I was right when I said that Noble Garden will present the same issues…

I’ll never forget how a Dev acknowledge the issues in a comment and proceed with the same issues for Love rocket and other events…the pattern continues.

And the C.C.

Ignored, the last members that brought these topics to live chats…etc not longer there…

3 Likes

Blizzard time played - they want us to log in create multiple alts and farm.

I wish they would just delete the 2023 blue post where they said they know it wasn’t fun.

2 Likes

I want to get off Mr. Bones Wild Ride.

Can’t wait for Ahune to get a mount drop. 2 minute boss fight per alt, 50-60 alts. Fml.

1 Like

The only thing that should be speechless right now is getting a flying carpet off a Duck…it should’ve of been a dang Duck :duck: QUACK

2 Likes

Ikr? Not sure how an Easter event where you collect eggs as a rabbit, or battle an epic rabbit doesn’t reward a rabbit or duck? A reskinned carpet makes zero sense.

1 Like