WoW won't update

So far launching directly from the WoW app isn’t a 100% workaround for me. Like many people I’ve got more than one account and often run more than one instance of WoW simultaneously. Launching the WoW app directly only allows me to run one instance.

Also having the same issue. Can manually launch the game from applications folder. 2020 iMac w/o M1.

I have the same issue, started yesterday:(

Nelaro’s directions worked for me. A PITA to have to do all that to workaround a problem on Blizzard’s side. At least I can play as normal today - including having more than one of my accounts open at a time.

EDIT: I first started up WoW without any addons active. Once I saw I was able to log in and out on different characters - and actually play them - I activated the few addons I use the most (tomtom, handynotes, etc.) from the in-game interface UI.

Nelaro’s directions worked for me as well. I guess Blizz is afraid to tell people that the only fix it to reinstall 80gb. Or that a player had the fix before them. Sad support either way and thank you Nelaro, angels work!

2 Likes

I’m still getting the “log on again as admin” error tried everything but still can’t log on. McBook Air OS BigSur 11.6.1

I’m having the same problem…

I did the same thing, didn’t fix it. Sent a ticket, reply was, that lots of Mac users are having this problem & to watch the forum… I want to play, I pay to play it needs to be fixed…

3 Likes

I’ll wait for a fix before I reinstall, since there seems to be no guarantee that it will work.

I’m on an iMac running Mojave 10.14.6.

1 Like

Error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 has started occurring repeatedly. I’ve followed the link to the most common suggestions from Blizz to address this, but no luck. Won’t update.

Well I just started a reinstall, we’ll see how this goes.

Edit: I will say this. Ever since the early debacle of Vanilla and Updates, WoW is so much better at installing.

The game was “playable” at 1%. You can log in, and you have to stream down the content as you go. But you don’t have to wait for the entirety of all of 10 expansions to download while you wait. This part has always been wonderful, and it’s fun to see the old, creaky screens they used to use back in the day that they have as stopgaps early in the process.

That didn’t work for me. I did notice I have 3 Agent folders though. One is 148kb one is 13.4mb and the third is 97.5mb

When i was first looking into the problem i figured it was just the downloader app that was messed up somehow. I noticed the multiple agents and all that weirdness, which were shown as not responding via activity monitor. I tried having the app scan and repair the games, which failed with similar codes as the update failures. I actually deleted the battle.net app, Agents apps, and all associated files in the library preferences according to official blizzard directions for fixing update problems. Installed fresh copies of those files. No change, none of it worked. Only a fresh game install with new file paths/containers fixed the problem for me. Scroll up to my post for directions on how to do it while preserving all your settings and addons.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues also. I tried everything they suggested. Please fix this bliz.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/login-error-possibly-different-issue-than-other-thread/1133281

Not sure if it’s the same issue (the admin login issue) but I’ll leave this here as well, just in case.

I’m using Mac OS Monterey. 12.0.1 MacBook Pro 13" Apple Silicon M1

Yesterday 2 days ago I could log in without issues. I delete Battle.net from all system , files and cache as website says. moved my World Of Warcraft folder to an eSSD and try to re-install World Of Warcraft … it didn’t work. in my case is the error that I need to open it as Admin. which i’m the only admin account in this Mac. also I create a new account with admin privilege and didn’t work, same issue. I hope can find the issue soon so I can farm my gold for my month Subscription 🥲

Still experiencing this issue. Started yesterday. I guess I made the mistake of doing everything Bliz suggests on their website and undowloaded everything including the Battle.net app. Now I cant even dowload WoW. Made a new admin account and that didnt work either.

Yeah still have the issue even tried sudo chmod -R 777 /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/Data but no luck on MacOS 11.6. Can open the game file like in the olden times.

Mojave
Late 2015 retina 5k 27inch iMac

I would like to know when the problem will be fixed!

1 Like