WoW won't update

Thanks! This one worked for me.
I’m sure it’s just temporary, and it seems like different approaches have fixed things for different people, but this worked for me. Worth trying!
I hope there is an official fix coming soon…

1 Like

Try this: /Applications/World of Warcraft/_retail/ and remove the ‘WTF\gamecontrollerdb.txt’ file. Doing that allowed me to update the Battle.Net app and get into the game. It looks like that file was created again. So maybe be ready to remove that file next time you log back in.

3 Likes

BLZBNTAGT00000841. error, running macOS Monterey, 12.0.1

Well that 80GB reinstall worked for a few hours but now I’m back to non-working calls to update all versions of game with requests for admin passwords and total failure…

Yes this worked . Though I am unsure whether it fixed it. Thank you!

moving the WoW folder elsewhere does cause bnet app to read that you need to install the game again

1 Like

A day and half, and really no real help from Blizzard… Thanks to all of you that posted work arounds, but so far no luck on my side… Will we see a fix during the weekend?

Macbook Pro 2019
Monterey 12.0.1

chmod command did not work for me. Ran it under an administrator account with sudo privileges.

Thanks!

blizz needs to fix it, we shouldnt have to uninstall anything just for a fix, i have all kinds of addons and keybinds and macros set up and i do not want to go through the pain in the rear of doing that all over again which i would have to with a complete install from fresh

funny everything was fine on the 10th then on the 11th hotfix stuff hit and thats when people started having this issue, if anything undo the hotfix and work on that coding cuz it sounds like the issue may lie within that hotfix coding somewhere

1 Like

“blizz needs to fix it, we shouldnt have to uninstall anything . . .”

Absolutely!

2 Likes

Mac M1 Mini with Big Sur 11.6.1 - The Agent Wants to make a Change - then password. I thnk it’s connected to the Launcher not the App but not my area of expertise. Rinse repeat. BTW I can still login it’s just annoying.

| System Version:|macOS 11.6 (20G165)|
| Kernel Version:|Darwin 20.6.0|

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
System Firmware Version: 429.120.4.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.34f3

Running the chmod command didn’t fix it.

M1 MacMini 16gb. Problem has been happening all day. Guess I don’t tank SSC tonight. Update stuck at initializing then BAM Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 Stabs me in the face. Tonight’s raid is the launcher Boss.

THis is crazy, I’m trying all sorts of things mentioned here but can anyone explain why there are extra Agent folders?
Can’t we just delete them?

it doesn’t change anything. It just puts a new corrupted agent back in the folder. ALSO after deleting everything in the shared folder in Volumes and restarting launcher fresh then relocating games in the launcher manually the launch button brings back the corrupted agent and continues to hang. I suspect this is a corrupted command that they have not found yet. The likelihood they are working hard on it is minimal. (MacOS 12.0.1Monteray)

2 Likes

Nelaro, thank you so much. Your description was easy to follow and worked for me. Yay!

I have been getting the same error as well. I am the admin of my account. I am getting the “agent needs your permission to update” error. So I enter my admin pwd. Installer just hangs on the Initializing part. I was able to log in fine yesterday. I am unable to launch via the app in my applications folder - it leads me directly to battle.net’s login screen.

I’m running MacOS 11.2.2 on a macbook pro 15 inch 2016. I know it’s old…but it runs what I need it to.

This worked for me as well.

To expand upon what works for me consistently.

1. Force quit Agent
  2. Go to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and look in the Agent.# folders and find the oldest Agent within and double-click on it. The oldest one for me was from October 2nd.
    (Do not delete the newer one because Battle.net will just re-download it.
  3. Launch Battle.net

Unfortunately, it looks like you will need to do that every time you relaunch Battle.net until Blizzard fixes Agent.

5 Likes

Frustrate-O-Meter is pegged right now.

my wow wont stop updating… ive had like 10 updates in the last hour an its annoying