WoW Maintenance today? (realms now back online...)

According to Blizzardcs on twitter, WoW maintenance is scheduled only for tomorrow, why are realms down now? Maintenance was supposed /stated to be on bnet only today.

They’re not down. Blizz is working on the authentication servers.

the offline pretty much confirms the servers are offline and down Bane

4 Likes

They are actually offline Bane. Just looking for confirmation if this expected and just a bad communication, or if this is a separate issue.

It says it right on the bnet program that today is performing scheduled maintenance today. They posted that on, like Friday.

My client says BNET maintenance, nothing about WoW. Or did you mean the Breaking News Post that returns no info and only an error?

Bnet is the system that checks your authentication credentials and gets you logged in so you can get to the game. When it is under Maint you may not be able to get to the games. Consider it a gate.

Any time there is Bnet Maint it is very very likely you won’t be able to get into the game. This is normal.

4 Likes

You guys are being dense. It literally says that log-ins may fail and battle.net is being worked on, not servers coming down. They are separate and always have been.

The guy is just curious, as am I, why the servers are down when it wasn’t stated that they would be.

1 Like

Looks like they’re pointed out unable to log in to me.

https://ibb.co/2vFybH6

You seem to gravely misunderstand the current system. They are not separate. You can’t get to the game servers without going through the Bnet authentication servers.

4 Likes

This is not a login issue. I am logged in, I can even play other Bnet games. Heck, I can even log in to WoW. The SERVERS are OFFLINE.

This isn’t my mistake. Logging into the GAME and logging into a specific server are 100% different things. The update says you may not be able to log in, not that the WORLD SERVERS will go down. There are different servers…

1 Like

To clarify (because it seems everyone is confused)
-Yes there is an authentication maintenance today.

• Still, i managed to get logged in right now and all the world servers are down too. So yes, seems like something broke or that wasn’t mentioned.
1 Like

I think you’re misunderstanding the issue they’re describing. We’ve been authenticated and have successfully logged into the game. We’re at the Realm Selection screen because the game servers are literally ‘Offline’ right now.

I think I have have chosen a poor topic name and there are assumptions about the issue because of it.

The authentication servers are linked to the gaming servers. If they go down, no one gets in while they’re down.

I just logged in and all realms are available. Is this still happening for anyone?

Can confirm, realms are back online.

Can also confirm, that realms are back up and able to log in with no issues.

Just curious, is everyone getting the failed login message and not able to play the game due to Maintenance?