WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

Today, we’ve opened the WoW Classic Public Test Realm (PTR) to test version 1.13.7 of WoW Classic. In this upcoming version, we intend to reduce the spell batching delay.

There are numerous class abilities and spells from Original World of Warcraft that were re-implemented in WoW Classic with spell batching in mind, and we initially expect bugs or adverse consequences with spell batching reduced. In this PTR, testers have an opportunity to join us in finding such issues. Raids and battlegrounds are available in this PTR to facilitate testing in a wide variety of game content.

• Initially, the spell batch window is set to 10 milliseconds on the 1.13.7 PTR, a reduction from the 1.13.6 live window of 400 milliseconds.

Please use the in-game bug reporter (default hotkey: mouseover+F6) in the PTR to submit your bug reports or feedback on abilities with spell batching reduced.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/cq/CQSFNPIPF84W1611175847891.jpg

When logged into the PTR, you can mouse over any item, spell, or talent and press the assigned hotkey to initiate a bug report for that item or spell. Bug reports created in this way include valuable metadata about the spell, your talents, and your player-state when the bug is submitted.

If you’ve unbound your “Open Bug Report” hotkey, you can rebind it in Keybindings → PTR.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/ml/MLIT0J2B1PQX1611175861597.jpg

If you wish to discuss class issues related to this update with other players, we’ve opened a new discussion thread in the WoW Classic Bug Report forum here.

Thank you for testing WoW Classic with us!

156 Likes

Man, this makes me really happy. Better late than never.

39 Likes

Thanks for the update Kaivax :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Amazing! So glad to see an open approach to an ongoing issue looking to improve an already, “finished” game.

8 Likes

So glad to see this!

6 Likes

Happiness is!

3 Likes

Thank you for this.

3 Likes

I bet no Shaman players comment on this except to rage.

1 Like

Phase 6 … the phase they fix evreything wrong with Phase 2 … I cant wait for the classic botting problem to be resolved in P4 of TBC.

7 Likes

Hey just wanna double check make sure you guys understand the implications of getting songflower with multiple people around you and everyone else still acquiring the buff with current batching mechanics. I like this change just don’t change this one thing if possible would be very frustrating change for most players who currently enjoy world buffs.

11 Likes

Getting SF with your whole guild was possible back in the day without the fake batching implemented.

1 Like

‘back in the day’ their was 400 ms batching but this change puts it at 10 ms batch windows which would make some players on higher ping unable to acquire songflower buff with other players around

1 Like

Ah really? I thought batching was implemented just for Classic to make it feel like Vanilla did when people had worse internet.

2 Likes

Good. We had our fun with #NoChanges. Time to bring in some needed changes.

14 Likes

TBC with no spellbatching? Oh baby my body is ready.

8 Likes

Im not able to access on my main account but I am able to on my alt/2nd account. Can I get access to this please?!

1 Like

I mean, I’m really really happy that spell batching is finally being removed, but why did it take this long to remove it? People have been complaining about it since beta.

Nobody likes playing with an artificial 400ms of lag. When you ask anyone what they liked about vanilla WoW, nobody will answer “the way it was super laggy and unresponsive”.

18 Likes

We’ve finally realized that the annoyance of spell batching isn’t made up by being the ‘vanilla experience’ eh…

2 Likes

Does this mean that rogues will no longer be able to vanish spells cast on them in PvP? Or vanish things like Chromag’s breaths in BWL, or Sapphiron’s Ice Blast in Naxx?

1 Like