WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

While you’re at it, could you also fix the world spawns for resources to be proportionate to server pop? Competition is fierce especially with the rampant botting

7 Likes

Why remove spell batching now? If there’s any nochangers left playing this abomination they’re going to be pissed off, meanwhile everyone else already played the whole game with it. That’s like finishing most of your meal and asking for a refund when you have one bite left.

Unless classic+ is in store…hmmm…

6 Likes

That’s great news. Thank you!

2 Likes

Upcoming TBC’s arena may play a role.

9 Likes

hey gj been waiting yall to do this… next up layering and teleport bots

1 Like

does this kill the group songflower?

1 Like

Huh, is this baby steps towards a Classic+?

1 Like

Great and long overdue change. Drove me nuts to get polymorphed next to my grounding or have people die as I healed them. Arena with spell batching would also be a complete deal breaker for me.

1 Like

kek, silly americans thinking they can fix spell batching, euro here playing on NA servers, allies be prepared to scream spell batching even harder, my ping overrules your terrible server coding

this is groundwork for arenas tbh, less so for Classic at this point
still, better late than never I suppose

1 Like

Are you freakin’ kidding me? You listened to a vocal minority on the game’s launch to artificially introduce a mammoth sized batch window and waited until the game was essentially over to fix it? God, classic inept blizzard. Just make sure that there isn’t batching on the next classic re-release. Thanks.

11 Likes

Nope. This is for Classic FRESH.

Nothing on any of these patches has anything to do with TBC at all.

1 Like

See above.

Not reliably. If they could make auto attack not break vanish as part of the deal, I’d call it even.

If TBC/arena had no bearing on this, then tell me why it was done this late.
im not saying this to trash on classic, but to say this was not done with TBC in mind is just dumb.

1 Like

You don’t seem to know how ping or spell batching works at all.

This change puts you at a disadvantage you know that right?

1 Like

I can still batch just fine, even with this current patch and the upcoming one, them changing server side stuff from 400 mili seconds down to 10 seconds still doesn’t affect me since i have plenty of time to batch my spells playing from a EU ping on NA servers, so i get it just fine.

100% agree. They want to tune spell batching for TBC. It definitely has huge implications for arena what they do here.

Can we hot-fix this in right now please??

11 Likes

People in this thread saying “finally #no changes gone” or “spellbatching was demanded by a minority”… have absolutely no clue. Nobody, ever, asked for the batching recreated from 2006 internet. Spellbatching does not mean it has to be slugish. It can be responsive. Pservers did it for years on the original 1.12 client. With modern internet you still had batching and could double sheep, or double charge or vanish coils etc. and the game still felt smooth. It was only 1.13 where they actually went back and on top of giving us batching they emulated 2006 Internet for everyone too.

Pservers used spellbatching for years and on none of these servers (the good ones) did anyone ever complain about spellbatching as a bad mechanic. Its only blizzard that managed to screw it up in 1.13 with their artificial version of it, that had nothing to do with the real thing.

1 Like