Why is TBC being discussed as if it's totally happening?

A lot of people are pointing to a survey that was done last year about whether or not interest is there and I…Honestly, I don’t get how that confirms it’s happening. Everyone on these forums are talking about it as if TBC Classic has been confirmed and are already making their plans on how they’re going to handle it.

Does anyone else not see how arrogant it seems to demand Blizzard to basically repeat the same development cycles of their own game for the sake of your own nostalgia? I understand it doesn’t take much to essentially redevelop an older version of your game that had been written over time and time again with newer code but do we really want them to allocate crucial resources that could be better used to improve the retail game?

And if the day comes that TBC Classic is actually 100% announced and confirmed, then fine–this concern ends there and I’ll be happy all the same.

4 Likes

Because its happening.

20 Likes

Why do you think that is?

At the moment the only “proof” is nothing more than a rumor being shared by a third party.

If it was staying “Classic” forever and there was no TBC in the works they would not be updating things to be better for Arena.

There have been other “TBC” era changes (this was not actually a TBC change), but other changes that are inline with TBC’s combat system that no one seems to have noticed like adding 5 sec to drop combat after an Honor kill, that as I recall was a 2.0 change, and its here now.

Suspected and most logical conclusion, they are prepping the engine for TBC.

3 Likes

it’s a 99% chance it’s happening

6 Likes

No one is demanding anything. We’re discussing BC as if it’s happening because all the available evidence points to it happening with about a 98% probablility

8 Likes

Because it’s totally happening.

They will likely announce this week at Blizzcon.

There’s more evidence than that…

2 Likes

WoW forums wouldn’t be the WoW forums if people weren’t projecting their opinions and speculation as fact, plus the forums always need something to argue about.

If it’s not about TBC then people just would whine and argue about “bots” or something else way more anyways lmao

1 Like

Because it’s totally happening.

1 Like

I know it was technically last year, but they surveyed for TBC less then 2 months ago.

Personally? yes. I don’t care what they do or do not put into retail as i’ve no interest at all in it. More realistically I expect them to put resources into what they think will make them the most return on their money. Looks to me like there’s a LOT of interest in TBC, and it’s a lot less work then actually making new content.

On that same note i expect TBC will be similar to classic in the way that we’ll end up with single patch balancing and phases for content as that’s the least amount of work. Can’t say i’m thrilled about the notion but that’s probably what’s going to happen. The best i can hope for is that they will undo some of the nerf’s until the appropriate phase.

TBC will be used to keep subscribers enrolled once the shadowlands final patch hits.

So it will probably be sometime towards the end of 2022 that TBC is released.

1 Like

It’s speculation but very likely. I’ve typically said that in my posts but may have missed it in some recent ones.

1 Like

That statement is as false as it can be.

They’ve had more than ample resources for over a decade and look what they’ve done with retail. It’s only a matter of time before it’s completely morphed into Pokemon meets Candy Crush 2.

If retail were actually good do you think the lot of us would be playing Classic?

5 Likes

Yes. Requiring the same sub means you can play both if you want. I know many who are playing both.

You can interpret every time someone expresses what they’d like to see as a demand that blizzard do it. I don’t.

Idk, the fact that they changed batching to be optimized for arena at the VERY END OF CLASSIC after sending two TBC interest surveys seems to indicate their intent

3 Likes

Yup it’s basically a matter of When not IF. =)

1 Like

…Yes, of course (except for the part about “better,” which I’ll address next sentence). Why would I care about Modern? It’s already a festering heap of irredeemable garbage.

You do realize that your argument was offered for why Blizzard would never and should never do Classic, right? Not that, even if it hadn’t already failed, it would make any sense to say, “Why do you want what you want? Don’t you recognize that this other thing you don’t want should take precedence?”

1 Like