Arena is SAVED!

THANK YOU BLIZZARD, YOU SAVED ARENA

DEATH TO BATCHING!

YES!!!

16 Likes

Yea, that’s a pretty solid change. It’s also a very good for PvP in Classic if it ever goes live.

Overall a very good decision from Blizzard.

4 Likes

You’ve been mentioning this for a very long time now! It will interesting to see what classic and TBC is like with a massively reduced window

2 Likes

10ms if I am not mistaken is the Retail batch window.

1 Like

Yeah it is I think. But retail is… well retail lol. I’m curious to see what tbc arenas will be like.

1 Like

I hope that they go for a multi thread system like retail, so that abilities are executed on a first come first server basis.

I’ve said publicly many times that batching in it’s current state would mean I would not play Arena’s at all. I simply wouldn’t get invested in a competitive format where things are so out of my control, just a recipe for rage and disappointment.

So yes, very happy. I want it in Classic too to stop the “I just healed you but you died anyways” problem.

3 Likes

Those “problems”, were accurate to Vanilla and TBC.

3 Likes

I had one moment like that in Vanilla, where I popped a health pot at like 50HP and it legit did nothing but pot was on CD but also showed that in the combat log it healed me and I was hit for something like 500 damage.

That literally happened one time ever in vanilla, so I kinda think it was more rare then.

Another example is the Double sap, where two rogues sap each other, or gouge or whatever, this did happen in Vanilla but it was super rare, but now in Classic its a lot more common. I am very glad we’re going to the retail batching cycle its going to be drastically better, over an order of magnitude better. 10ms is rocket ship quick, human response time is something like 250ms for the averag Zugzug, so 10ms is a drastic improvement.

150ms reaction times are possible in some people and considered “super human” so again 10ms is gonna be a Godsend.

1 Like

Your experience is different than mine. As a warrior I can’t even begin to count the number of times my target would be stunned while I was blinded, or sheeped, or scattered, etc. Likewise with my druid. I’d eat stuns all the time while targets did get rooted.

I consistently sap warriors who’re mid charge, and while possible in Classic very easily, was a lot harder before. I am also older and slower.

This change is for classic.

TBC has its own system and likely will not have spell batching too.

Correct.

We can hope, and given the above changes we can certainly hope hope hope!!!

Who cares? Nobody wanted to play Classic because they loved how unresponsive it was going to be.

7 Likes

Wonderful news for arena players

1 Like

Wonderful news for everyone in every part of the game.

2 Likes

Great, they can do something as UNCLASSIC as that but still can’t figure out

“Let druids talk to vendors, capture flags, and use items in feral forms”…

They are willing to do a TBC and Classic + server by the looks of it, they just want to pick and choose which they want to fix and which they want to remain brokenly bad by design…

I think that was a RP thing, don’t know. Though I think I have seen druids taking flags in animal forms in both AB and WSG, maybe I am mistaken?

Mistaken, we aren’t allowed to do that till TBC. I have to drop form, take the flag, THEN I can go back into it.

It’s very hit or miss there’s random things you can use in form and others you can’t. And given all the other things that are done for convenience despite not really making RP sense it more comes off a screw you to druids than a valuable RP addition.