WoW Classic Stress Test – June 19-21

I guess as much as you suck at keeping internal thoughts?

Inside typing! Inside typing!

I’m curious because I currently see the option to download the stress test, however it’s just ONE Beta & Stress Test: WoW Classic available on my launcher. I have multiple WoW accounts associated with my BNET because me and my brothers play together. Will we all be able to log in and play together? Or will only one person per BNET at a time be able to try it regardless of how many licenses are attached to the BNET?

And their doing an open stress test would explain why they made it easy to uninstall… For after the stress test is over.

That’s not true, e.g. NPC names and text, everything you see when interacting with them including quest text, and everything they or the server “writes” in chat is serverside, if that hasn’t changed over the years. That is btw the reason why private servers are even considered a grey area or illegal, because if the client had everything they wouldn’t be using any blizzard property at all, and instead just send around numbers only.

All that doesn’t increase the server load by any mentionable degree though, but EU would have a completely different datacenter and different infrastructure, but no clue how different that behaves compared to the US based one.

Previous experience says one person. However, this is the first open stress test, so only Blizzard can say for sure. However, on the PTR which is technically “open” you can’t log in twice without actively creating a second PTR account on your Battle Net account (Don’t do this for classic!!)

Well, the Chinese streamers who seem to only play in the afternoon/evening hours in eastern China would also tend to be a bit a tip off. But I guess it could be a Brit of Asian descent playing at 8 am in the morning in the UK.

with this upcoming stress test
the way they worded the announcement is,
i can dl the classic client (not just some beta/ptr version), and i wont have to re download the whole thing later
am i picking up what theyre putting down?
or am i in a wishful thinking headspace?

Think any group will be able to do deadmines? If the hunter bug is still in where you can train a pet 2 levels above your level then I would guess 4 hunters with level 17 pets and maybe 1 healer would be able to do deadmines at level 15.

If you never play in the stress test, you’ll end up downloading more than you would have if you just downloaded the client for Live. But yes, the vast majority of the Classic client appears to be downloadable now, and you’d just get updates for the changes that they make between here and there.

Not just that but people use those symbols a lot if the name they want is taken, like someone on my server might REALLY want Erebos and might therefore decide to go Erébos just to be close to it. I couldn’t do it though, I have terrible OCD.

It’s pointless to argue, just FYI.

1 Like

yeah I hadn’t received an invite yet til this open day was announced, wasn’t going to both but if I can pre download most of it I may aswell, and like you said just update as need be, thankyou

Especially when you’ve been disproven on certain points and admitted you were out of date on others. Pretty hard to be taken seriously when you’re wrong so often, and always so nasty and toxic.

Anyone reading: plz DM me if you have a solution for this task: I have 40 accounts that need to be reactivated. I want to pull this off in the course of an hour and not a couple of days. I would do this myself but I need a condition to handle multiple credit cards and I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. I have the basic framework if someone could take a look. Thank you :smiley:

I find it hard to believe they’d be trying for more than somewhere between 3 and 5 layers per realm upon launch. I suspect 3 is about the ideal for what the ultimate target population would be. 5 is likely to be excessive, and in reality likely to result in needing to force character xfers to fresh realms.

At this point, I think the difference between a realm and layer is more of a technicality than anything else anyway. At least until they’re on completely different physical hardware.

I think you are talking about this thread:

My understanding is that it is to do with sharding / cross realm. Basically OCE players getting sharded onto US servers.

So, it shouldn’t be an issue with Classic.

1 Like

I totally agree … on launch. Omar said that’s what they’re going to do.

But if I was Blizzard right now, I’d be seeing how far we can push this bucket of bolts to find its limits.

Day Night Cycle OC Realms

THANK YOU Baelkar. Proven wrong AGAIN Eloraell. All this ‘I’ve played on OC servers for years and the clocks are right’ rubbish and there’s a capped thread on the exact same subject.

I apologise that I was too lazy to find that thread myself. I shouldn’t have kept arguing with him/her without that proof, but tbh testing it in game at 3 set hours should have been enough, I’m not a liar. No doubt I’ll get deleted again because of flag abuse even though I’ve been 100% proven correct.

The first blue post you see in that thread says it all. Current players on Thaurissan confirmed it’s always been like that, and it certainly has been the last fortnight straight I’ve played on it.

Unless closed beta is serving as a proxy for “locked realms” or BFA realms in general.