Day Night Cycle Thread Capped

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748746160?page=3#post-42

Thread has capped and still nothing from Blizzard. Not even an opening of the thread cap to allow discussion.

Very telling of Blizzards attitude towards us Down Under.
27 Likes
Last post by a Blizz CM in this forum on any topic

One year, five months, sixteen days.

Last post by a Blizz CM on the night and day issue:

Two years, ten days.

Draw your own conclusions.
2 Likes
10/08/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Aehl
Draw your own conclusions.

Conclusion; Blizz dont give two flying f**ks about anyone outside of the NA region. They just take our money, p*ss in our pocket and tell us its rain
11 Likes
Didn't we get OCE servers pre-WoD? This is embarrassing.
1 Like
10/11/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Woomy
Didn't we get OCE servers pre-WoD? This is embarrassing.

We did, then in Legion Blizzard grouped us with their precious NA's without a care or thought of the ramifications to OCE players. Then they made nights the darkest they have ever been, again with no thought of OCE players and then proceeded to ignore the threads about it for years and now here we are.
6 Likes
The Q and A question wasnt answered.

Again.
2 Likes
Is anyone going to BlizzCon that could corner someone over this ;]
1 Like
Bumping because I have still have 3 months left of sub to keep bumping this. Maybe a blue will ban me again... or actually acknowledge us.
2 Likes
or actually acknowledge us.

I wont hold my breath.
Well back to playing WoW on the weekend and still quitting by the afternoon due to horrible lighting lol. Maybe this is Blizz looking out for us, after all we do have chores to do. Off to do the lawn now.
3 Likes
Im reposting this here because it feels strangely relevant to this topic.

10/14/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Sinnabun
Refusing to address the day/ night cycle problem for oceanic players. An issue they have ignored for years now and made worse with darker nights in BfA.

Im done with a company that has deviated so far from the gamer-centric organisation it used to be. Blizzard always seemed like the devs who made games for fun, now its make games for corporate overlords.

I understand that making money is the main goal of any company but Blizzard doesnt even try to hide its corporate greed these days. It makes me sad.

oh... and BfA was boring as hell, the new "content" is tedious, the zones are ok-ish, the story is snore worthy and the class design is just plain horrible.

I hate the stat squish and how it throws the whole game out of balance, I should go from being able to solo kill Mythic-Archi to needing a group of people to get it done.

The levelling changes to the old world suck too, its old content. The blistering speed you used to be able to get through it all was great for new players. It was fast enough that you could join current content with friends reasonably quickly and its pacing felt ok.

There was no need to make 10 year old content take as long as it does, especially with Classic coming. If people wanted a slower levelling experience they can go there. And the argument of "but you would outlevel the zone and you miss the story" was rubbish. No one forced you to leave the zone once you outlevelled it, if the story was that gripping you would stay to the end regardless. If you only cared about levelling then you would leave. It was perfect.

The HUGE increase in prices of the oceanic store service was just a further insult to us.

I suppose there was no one thing, just a lot of things that happened in the transition from Legion to BfA that made me realise that Blizzard and WoW is no longer the place of joy it once was for me. It hurts me that playing this game that saved me from a low point in my life now brings no joy. That the idea of logging in felt like a necessary chore to keep up the grind and not because it was what I wanted to do. It makes me sad.

My sub still has 3 months to go (I buy the 6 month blocks because I always knew I would play... guess I was wrong), Ill probably log in in 8.1 maybe and the log out again. Im not sure I will resub for the remainder of this expansion though. I might come back for the next expansion, I might not. Time will tell.

I sincerely hope that BfA and the litany of complaints that this expansion has brought will wake Blizzard up. WoD hurt WoW but I stuck through it, I couldnt do it with BfA.

I think Blizzard need to stop focusing on the e-sports scene with M+ and high end raiders, they need to make the shift back to the class and game design from MoP. To me MoP struck the perfect balance between making content accessible for casual players and the hardcore who wanted to push them selves.

Dungeons are so clearly designed around M+ now and they feel awful. Just huge trash fights after trash fights.

But I digress, this wall of text has gone on too long now. I probably will be back in the next expansion but I know I wont be apart of BfA once my 3 months is up.
6 Likes
Bump

Original post is capped, can we the OCEANIC COMMUNITY please have some communication on this.

Why is it that we are made to be at inconvenience? We pay a subscription like everyone else.

I urge the oceanic community to not renew subscriptions until this issue is, at the very least, communicated with us.
Oh look, Blizzard banned me for a couple of weeks.

All because I dared mention that blues post in rubbish threads all the time while ignoring real things like this.

Yeah thats some great harassment isnt it? Sorry I hurt your feelings Ythisens but its true. Someone could start a thread saying "What is your cats eye colour, so cute lol" and the parade of blue posts would come raining in. But someone has a real thread going, one that has been ignored for years and nary a Blue in sight.

Real glad that Blizz dont care about anyone outside of the US, gladder still that my sub will be up and I will be leaving this rubbish game behind.
4 Likes
Firstly I come in peace.

10/29/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Aehl
Even an MVP posting more often will help fill that gap.

What would you like me to post more often about? You know I read this forum daily, you know I discuss things with Blizzard but I would never discuss that with anyone (no I won't have a one on one chat with you).

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about replying to things here, but I always come to the conclusion of you don't want a reply, you want good news or someone to blame/argue with.

If there is no news or no updates/things that can be said what exactly would you like me to post? Because I'm happy too! I reply to any issues on here I see that won't start another argument but here ya go here is me reaching out asking what you want me to say when you KNOW that I can't say things that are discussed in private.

Is feedback read? yes, is it discussed? yes, can I say anything you don't already know? no.

I've been doubting myself as someone who tries to help ANZ alot lately, I feel useless and am pretty sure everyone sees me that way too but I'm not here for sympathy I'm here to say I'm listening, reading and trying to help but the attitude around here makes it very difficult to reply to threads because it's very clearly 'Give us good news or we revolt'.

I get people want a blue reply, but lets say a blue comes in here and says 'we have no updates' that would just make people even angrier I believe ***THIS ISN'T SOMETHING BLIZZARD HAVE SAID, JUST AN EXAMPLE I MADE UP***

I know I'll receive hate from some people for this post. But there ya go, I read everyone's posts, I saw you say you want an MVP replying more, I'm the ANZ MVP, whatcha want me to say? You're not exactly an easy person to talk too mate, you've been extremely confrontational in any passing comment we have had.

Does this make you bad? Hell no, people who get angry are just passionate about the game and that's great, but you have to see both sides of an issue.

***AGAIN THIS IS ALL MY PERSONAL OPINION AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BLIZZARD, I'M NOT A BLIZZARD EMPLOYEE, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW I'M POSTING THIS TILL THEY READ IT (and they will)***
2 Likes
10/30/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Narull
What would you like me to post more often about?

Ive never wanted a green post. There is literally nothing you can do in this situation. Dont worry about this person, I am angry at Blizzard not the people it has given MVP to.

I get people want a blue reply, but lets say a blue comes in here and says 'we have no updates' that would just make people even angrier I believe ***THIS ISN'T SOMETHING BLIZZARD HAVE SAID, JUST AN EXAMPLE I MADE UP***

I would expect that after a thread that was started in 2016 and had a Blue say they would monitor this by this point would have something to tell us.

They made nights darker, they grouped us with US servers because a vocal minority had a whinge because on a rare occasion they would get an OCE group leader and their ping would go up. Go up to the level we had to play with for a decade before we got our own servers. So not unplayable levels and perfectly acceptable.

Blizz were quick to make a band-aid solution for their precious US customers regardless of the cost it would come to us.

Blizzard already have a very simple easy solution that wouldnt require them to try and figure out a way to make the servers run on their respective times... though to be fair with phasing I doubt it would be that hard. All they have to do is make the opposite of the inky black potion. It would take them 5 minutes.

Instead they have ignored us for years (and forum banned me multiple times for insanely petty things like questioning why Ythisens always speaks to people in pointless threads but never comments in ones like this. so I know they know this is a problem, they just choose to ignore it)

Does this make you bad? Hell no, people who get angry are just passionate about the game and that's great, but you have to see both sides of an issue

Theres only one side, our game experience was made worse to appease US customers. Thats it. Theres no if and or buts. Blizzard made changes to the game that have made the experience worse for us and paid us lip service in 2016 to justify it.
5 Likes
Firstly, I wanted to apologise to you.

I am direct, and that does often come across as confrontational, which is not and never was my intent.

I know you do care. That has never been in doubt.

Been told I have the subtlety of a Mack truck :(

I do see both sides , and I know full well that what you can do is limited. Mirasol's response told me what i wanted to know, that the devs dont talk to them on this issue and they have no new details.

To be honest, I kinda expected it, and Id be lying if I said I was happy about that, Im not. Im actually bitterly disappointed that for the foreseeable future, all we will see is night

That we have been asking for this to be fixed since 2016 makes it worse. A. We were told this had been changed , told to post feedback..and then..silence.

A day night cycle that is synced to our own is not too much to ask.

Narull, I wanted to try and help things, and in retrospect it seems all I am doing is to make the situation worse...which again was never what i intended. So if thats how I came across Narull, it wasnt what I meant at all.

Thats my failing and mine alone, not yours.

Trying to solve a problem, and instead become part of that problem...doesnt help anyone. if theres no news then Ill leave it there..IMO you shouldnt doubt yourself, you are doing all you can.

We are both frustrated, tbh, and I want to thank you....you are right on all of it.

Taking a break from the forums for while, as its clear that what I am doing isnt helping anything. Was going to put a question in the Blizzcon thread, but as Ive asked it before and its obvious that they know about the issue, I wont.

Between you and Mirasol, believe it or not, youve answered what I was asking.

And again, I am sorry if I came across as sharp or confrontational, all I can say is in mitigation is I feel useless, and annoyed as well. I should have thought more on what I said and more importantly, how.

Thanks Narull. I mean that. Thank you.

Maybe we'll get some news post Blizzcon.

Or not.

Ive done what i can...not that its helped any.

I'll be "lurking" for a while, until I learn how to say what I mean to say without getting peoples backs up.

- Aehl.
I would expect that after a thread that was started in 2016 and had a Blue say they would monitor this by this point would have something to tell us.

And as my post said, what if they only have the same thing to say? WHat if they say 'there is no plans to fix that' you'd just be even angrier, hence I believe it's pointless for Blizzard to post (AGAIN THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW NOT BLIZZARDS).

I keep saying that because I'm taking a huge risk making these replies because all it takes is one person to cut out the context of what I'm saying and post it somewhere else and I'm in the firing range.

they grouped us with US servers because a vocal minority had a whinge because on a rare occasion they would get an OCE group leader and their ping would go up.

Not at all true, they linked us because people were server hopping to kill world bosses etc they were not up on US realms but where on OCE, taking away our chance at them.

Also believe it or not but the people complaining about day/night are the vocal minority, you may not like being told this, but even after years there is less than 1000 people (and that numbers being generous) people complaining about it, out of the 10's of thousands of OCE players, most don't even notice it or care. AGain I'm sorry and know it's hard to accept, but you are the vocal minority.

All they have to do is make the opposite of the inky black potion. It would take them 5 minutes.

I made a suggestion for this long ago before the issues even became 'big' in this forum, but it doesn't 'just take 5 minutes' dev time is finite, there are way more important things that take parioty, if you can't see that then you're being abit blind mate.

they just choose to ignore it)

Just because you don't get a reply doesn't mean it's being ignored and spamming other threads, calling out it in topics that have nothing to do with it just to try and get attention is why you'd be getting bans, all you're doing is annoying other players by doing that.

10/30/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Sinnabun
Theres only one side, our game experience was made worse to appease US customers. Thats it. Theres no if and or buts. Blizzard made changes to the game that have made the experience worse for us and paid us lip service in 2016 to justify it.

As above, that wasn't the case at all, you're wrong, you won't believe me I know, but you're 100% wrong and there is ALWAYS two sides to a discussion/argument.
10/30/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Aehl
Firstly, I wanted to apologise to you.

Not needed dude, you may get under my skin sometimes with how you try and derail other threads on general to get a reply but I know it's because you're passionate.

My point of this though was you said an MVP posting more would help, even outside of this day/night issue I want to post more, I want to help more, so if you have something that I can post then just ask I'm happy too.

I do see both sides , and I know full well that what you can do is limited. Mirasol's response told me what i wanted to know, that the devs dont talk to them on this issue and they have no new details.

Mirasol and I have different contacts, they are a US MVP, I'm an ANZ MVP, this is an MVP issue so I hear more about it. That's why the one time she replied to you awhile back I gave her a talking too (I thought I was nice about it but clearly she didn't take it that way lol), the US team replying to an ANZ issue isn't gonna help because they don't know the full scope, it's a different team reporting to different people.

That we have been asking for this to be fixed since 2016 makes it worse. A. We were told this had been changed , told to post feedback..and then..silence.

I know this sucks, but it comes to my point that if it's not good news it's not good to post. I mean would you be happy if every month a blue post said 'keep posting feedback'?

The Blues in ANZ DO read this forum, they DO know people don't like day/night and they DO report that, but I personally think them posting anything here is pointless, there has been literally nothing in the last several years of the OCE forum that needs a blue reply and if they did post a blue reply to something that wasn't day/night related people would jump on it and complain like crazy (search your soul, you know it to be true) so basically the day/night issue has cut off them from posting here about anything.

***AGAIN THIS IS MY OPINION NOT WHAT BLIZZARD HAVE SAID, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TAKE WHAT I SAY OUT OF CONTEXT PLEASE***

A day night cycle that is synced to our own is not too much to ask.

Not too much to ask, but surprisingly harder then you'd think with 14yo code.

Narull, I wanted to try and help things, and in retrospect it seems all I am doing is to make the situation worse...which again was never what i intended. So if thats how I came across Narull, it wasnt what I meant at all.

The only way you make it worse is by trying to hijack other threads in general etc and a couple of times the US crew has replied and it's been wrong, why? because it's and ANZ issue and they don't know the full details sometimes, that's not their fault because they are US CMs, it's literally not there job to come here, but the ANZ CMs have a hard time not just workload-wise (protip forums aren't all CMs do) but also as above I believe it's hard to post here without being attacked.

*Dear max character limit, you suck, part 2 coming in 1min
Part 2, the return of the 'oh god what have I done, replies'

Trying to solve a problem, and instead become part of that problem...doesnt help anyone. if theres no news then Ill leave it there..IMO you shouldnt doubt yourself, you are doing all you can.

There is more I could do to appease people here, I could break my NDA, I could say everything I know. But there is no way in hell even if I got fired(not the right word as I don't get paid.....kicked out?) of the MVP program would I do that because I respect the people at Blizzard on a personal level, I'd never betray that trust and even these replies I worry are walking the line. I have been warned before after all lol.

Taking a break from the forums for while, as its clear that what I am doing isnt helping anything. Was going to put a question in the Blizzcon thread, but as Ive asked it before and its obvious that they know about the issue, I wont.

Again NO ONE at Blizzard has a personal beef with you, I personally have been a bit annoyed because of your attempts at hijacking, but even the very first time I meant the boss of Blizzard ANZ years ago (when Diablo came out I went down for an event, so long before ANZ WoW servers) ya know what he said to me? Angry fans are just passionate about the game and they love that passion, it's just sometimes not constructive or helpful but that doesn't make it any less valid.

I've tried hard to remember those words, I remember sitting on the veranda at Blizz ANZ HQ having a smoke with him when he said it, because it meant so much to me, even the Boss who you'd never see on the forums (has more Boss like things to do) knows that angry players are just passionate about the game.

And again, I am sorry if I came across as sharp or confrontational, all I can say is in mitigation is I feel useless, and annoyed as well. I should have thought more on what I said and more importantly, how.

As above, it's cool. Just lay off the hijacking or getting annoyed when they don't answer the OCE issue in Q&A's, it's extremely unlikely that they will ever answer them in a general Q&A because it's an OCE issue, if a solution is ever found I can guarantee one of the ANZ CMs will post it here because I know they sure would love to make you guys happy.

Thanks Narull. I mean that. Thank you.

Maybe we'll get some news post Blizzcon.

And again thank you man, there is nothing wrong with being passionate about something. I adore the ANZ community for all Blizzard games, I run the biggest Overwatch ground in ANZ, I check all the ANZ forums daily and I want to do more.

I selected this thread because I knew it would get your attention, but as my original post said, if there is anything that posting more as an MVP would help with say it and I'll do everything I can too.

But remember, I'm not a Blizzard employee, Blizzard also don't tell me everything (I wish lol), but I 100% want to say that your feedback IS heard, known and passed on.

You don't have to lurk, just relax, if you see an issue post about it, it's the only way it can be seen after all, there is nothing wrong with that at all and I'm sorry if my post made you feel like there is, it's just as you said Mack Truck, try going for a lighter touch ;)

I respect you as a passionate player, hell I respect all the people complaining about day/night, RP realms, etc there is nothing wrong with being passionate about something at all and hell this forum would be weird without me seeing a post from you and thinking 'oh god what now' every now and again ;) (this is a joke).
Also believe it or not but the people complaining about day/night are the vocal minority, you may not like being told this, but even after years there is less than 1000 people (and that numbers being generous) people complaining about it, out of the 10's of thousands of OCE players, most don't even notice it or care. AGain I'm sorry and know it's hard to accept, but you are the vocal minority.

Narull, one small correction here.

A few people here on the forums, yes, ingame and in Trade and everywhere else?

A lot more.

That, I think, is lost in the "static".

Not arguing but would be remiss if I didnt tell you it does get discussed ingame a fair bit. Server chat in Boralus and elsewhere...that and the server lag which is driving all of us up the wall....*grrrrrr*

(Yes I know its being worked on)

Do I have numbers?

Nope :-D

I see it every day, all servers, people arent happy about it. They dont complain "officially" mind you, which is kinda here and there....but yeah its noticed. So FWIW, just adding that to the mix.

As to

"'oh god what have I done'"?

Educated me on what can be done and what cant and how to be more..well... ..constructive. Hijacking, not on purpose....at times it was more "carpe" without looking at the "diem" part :-D

Mea culpa and then some.

Not too much to ask, but surprisingly harder then you'd think with 14yo code.

You may not realise it, but thats what I was looking for.

NOW I get it.

Believe it or not, this one exchange has solved a lot of problems, given me a lot to think about, and some perspective on the entire problem as a whole.

Thanking you yet again...believe it or not, you've done more to help than you realise.

P.S Dont mention NDA's to me...at least two software companies have said if I ever break them, I lose my immortal soul.

Have a great week :-D