Wow account banned permanently - edit - account unbanned after multiple appeals

You can copy and paste it into an excel workbook and take the total that way, or you can calculate it by hand. I found out that for the last 5 years, I’m spending an average of $53.70 per month on WoW including everything: subscription, tokens, services, shop items, and expansions. But I only budgeted $50 thinking that would be much higher than necessary. I’m glad he reminded me to check, I’ll probably change to one WoW token/3 months to reduce that to $46.52/mo.

1 Like

Yes they will. An in-game ban is supposed to remove your posting privileges. I don’t think the forum software updates in a way that allows for that with the current Discourse software though.

The intent, and they way it worked pre Discourse software, was that an in-game penalty resulted in a forum penalty. A forum penalty does NOT result in an in-game penalty.

5 Likes

There is no loophole that would allow anyone to buy or sell gold for real money outside the Tokens from Blizzard. Anyone doing that may find their account penalized.

4 Likes

Playing a second account after a different one was banned isn’t against the rules. So why would sanctioning the second account when never sanctioned on the forums be against the rules?

I think there was a misunderstanding in what I meant, because I was talking about posting from the second account.

That’s not what i meant by that but ok :+1:

I don’t see any characters from my banned account, it appears I can only post with characters from my other account. The accounts are under the same Blizzard ID / Email account.

There isn’t such a thing, no.

3 Likes

You are allowed to use a second account after a first one is banned. As far as I know, since you’ve done nothing wrong on the forums of either account, you aren’t getting around anything, you’re just using your second account here. That should be fine to do.

Because its not directly buying sell, the website has its own currency that can be bought. Which is why i said loophole, maybe loophole wasn’t the best word.

I’m just listing tinfoil hat theories, before this was moved to CS, We don’t know why his account was banned. Hope they get the info from the CS here in private as to what was the cause for the perma closing.

Good. That is how it is supposed to work :slight_smile: The account that has the in-game penalty should not be able to post, if the software is working correctly. The one that is not penalized should be fine to use.

1 Like

This is selling, though, even if it’s not for “money”. No real world or out of game transactions, etc.

1 Like

Which is exactly what I said earlier. Perhaps misunderstanding?

1 Like

Maybe they were thinking whole bnet or something.

First off, welcome to the CS forums everyone. Not sure if the OP moved it here or a moderator did, but let’s be mindful of where we’re at now :wink:

There’s no loophole. That sort of thing wreaks of illegitimate gold and is a prime way to get your account actioned. All the claims on sites like those are just to get you to give up your gold and money like a sucker.

People should avoid these sites like the plague.

These forums are public. This is not how players appeal account actions and there is no “private” section of the forums. The OP decided to post publically and any response from a Blue here would also be public.

9 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post:

This is possible if a GM decides to overturn a ban after an appeal is made. However, you cannot plead your case here as nobody here can help you and only staff can verify your claims, where we usually learn that the OP intentionally omitted crucial details that would contradict them.

2 Likes

These comments were before it was moved. There are places where these transactions happen and the site i listed was one of them, obviously they are do at your own risk and if caught, yes you are liable for your own actions on your account.

Correct, as I am drowsy from all the meds Im on currently. this is also not what i meant. All I did was wish them well and hoping for their answers to well be answered.

I’ll be taking my leave out of this thread as it has been moved, good’ay

Well, I’m not sure what you meant then by commenting twice that there is some sort of “loophole”. Perhaps it is indeed best that you not post this sort of misinformation as it is advertising for an illegitimate gold transfer company.

I hope you feel better soon.

All the best.

4 Likes

I don’t normally use the forums, I had posted then changed my forum character. After figuring out how to change the forum character back to the one I posted with I moved the post to the Customer Service section.

I appealed through web tickets several times but the decision to ban my account is final. Afterwords I asked for my privacy data and found I had bought 341 tokens over the past 6 years.

I also discovered my login IP address was showing out of two cities. When I played at home it showed one city. When I logged in elsewhere (Cell hotspot) it showed another city. Same province but a few hours apart. My best guess to why my account was flagged for different IP addresses when using a Cell Hotspot. The hardware IDs would still match and I have all the devices with me (1 Desktop and 2 Laptops). I have MFA setup and didn’t see any abnormal login activity.

That would not do it. They do indeed have that data and know that it is you using a different connection on the same device.

3 Likes

‘Ban evasion’ isn’t really a thing. If it was, Blizz would ban all your accounts, not just the one(s) that broke the rules.

3 Likes