[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

Well no. I’m not on twitter. I just read the tweets people link here. There are plenty of people posting here who take the time to read other people’s post and know I’m right. Then there’s the people who don’t bother to read and are completely clueless when they post.

1 Like

I mean i personally like RFD only for normal dungeons, after that i think heroics become the stepping stones to raids where people should become more social for progression.

seems like if it were that easy to find you’ve done triple the work typing out responses, instead of showing me exactly where it says the thing youre claiming hmmmmmmmmm

I think RDF for normals is a fine compromise. especially since its already a popular organization of queu vs non queu in retail. of all the complaints about retail “you cant rdf mythic pluses” isnt one ive ever heard. and obviously heroics in wotlk and mythic 0 are parallels

It’s not that easy to find. I just thought serious people reading these threads would have followed the threads and read the tweets. I forgot that some people are too narcissistic to bother reading what other people post.

I have and if it exists i missed it. which is why (believing you wouldnt be lying or twisting a statement) i asked you to point it out, since you made the claim, any time anyone asks me for a source i pull it up for them! i even have the “different feel” Ion timestamp memorized on the announcement vid, its 14:20

I think what’s ironic around these parts is too many people speaking so arrogantly while saying something so moronic lol.

“classic mentality”, “retail mentality” ? you want to base your decisions on mentalities? LOL

You don’t get to decide what wow classic “means”. Youre just the consumer. You guys get so hung up on a single word (that word being “classic”) and then waste everyone’s time by ignoring the actual conversation and thats honestly an insult to your own intelligence.

I have too much pride to waste everyone’s time over semantics while avoiding the argument being made.

2 Likes

Ive been trying to engage with you without name calling, but just so you know if you continue these are definitely tos, and you’ll take a vacation if you keep harrasing me while i try to talk to you in a decent manner.

The argument being made is even more nonsensical unfortunately. It all boils down to changes I want vs changes I don’t want when in reality there should be no changes.

Changes somewhat based on player sentiment is how we got to the state of modern wow and it will drive Classic into the ground too if we let it. People are here to play the original game as it was. Which is how it was advertised.

Also, that isn’t ironic. That doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

Which is the game without rdf.

You put it extremely eloquently tho so kudos.

1 Like

False.

Now THIS is ironic. Coming from someone wasting everyone’s time with semantics and avoiding the arguments being made.

2 Likes

true. 3/4 teirs of content were wholly consumed by the playerbase without rdf.

this is what he meant by

btw

1 Like

Dungeon Finder existed in a portion of WOTLK. Simply put it should be added and if those who wish not to use it because it “ruins their immersion” just shouldn’t use it. It’s really that simple. Depriving EVERYONE of something because a small group doesn’t want it is nonsensical logic. Classic should be copying all of retails QoL systems.

B-B-But my socialization! My socialization hasn’t diminished through my entire WoW career. If you let a tool hinder basic human interaction thats on you.

This is basically like cancelling a pizza party because one person has a gluten allergy.

3 Likes

The problem is you’re basing this on all expansions, this was really only promised in wow classic to appease the pserver crowd and server owner(s) to play blizzs servers. The sheer amount of people they got from that area alone trumped what people tried for years because it was an almost guaranteed 300k subs. That’s why they didn’t want to change wow classic. No more no less.

Even by your own fudged metric it is false. You just admitting that it existed in Wrath. Even though in reality it was there for half of it and also in the patch they have decided to implement.

1 Like

Thats not how this works. grouping provides tedium that is counteracted by having people to run dungeons with you, which promotes socialization.

You are effectively giving yourself RDF efficiency by interacting with people and maintaining a bustling friends list.

Thats the game. thats how it works. the introduction of RDF changes that dynamic completely.

Id agree that its uneccesary for normals and levelers, and that having that friends list works out for max level content but not necessarily for leveling, because everyones always leveling into and out of range for dungeons.

1 Like

ive never said it didnt exist. it just didnt exist for any appreciable amount of the content that was consumed and was a consolation prize to keep people engaged during one of the worst content droughts in the games history

What problem? Nothing has changed with that mind set among the players from Vanilla to Wrath. They are here to play the game as it was and far more people are interested in Wrath than in Vanilla.

If they think not changing the game is good for Vanilla to appease private server players and the like then the same is true for Wrath which has an even larger playerbase.

2 Likes

You just did. Do you need me to quote it or are you able to find it? :thinking:

Wtf is the point of this post?

RDF has been discussed ad nauseum. It’s not coming. Players need to get used to it or go play the version of the game which provides it.

1 Like