WOTLK doesn't need RDF

Blizzard is not catering to the Anti LFD players. It’s purely a business decision to make money from boosts and paid server transfers. They just want everyone to believe it was a decision based on feedback from the community.

1 Like

Your ALIANCE on Atiesh server, of course you do not see a problem. Create a horde character on that server and see how see how it is…

Go to Ironforge pro / population / tbc and take a solid look at the other servers…

4 Likes

i think they’ll add it because the woman said they’d adjust things as they see fit. There seems to be a loud vocal minority spamming threads about RDF. No one cares. It’s not in tbc and you did fine, you can handle it. you’re a big boy/girl.

lmfao why would you go on that server anyways? You’re making a super lame argument that literally makes no sense. Why would you make a character of the opposite faction on a dead server. No one would do that.

And yes I agree with OP. If they add RDF at the start, NO ONE will be out questing the new classic zones, no one will be doing quests. Everyone will just sit in town. That is not a good state for the game to launch in. People are just lazy. If they do add it , they should either add it at the end patch like in original wrath (which was still like almost a year long) or add it to old content. They should also remove heirlooms from wrath classic.

I guess I have to change my name to Noone now.

1 Like

I wonder how Mcdonalds would do if they quit selling food, would that be an improved business model? :thinking:

How do you fire customers?

1 Like

On what basis can you make the claim no one will be out in the world questing, or people will sit in town?

2 Likes

I’d liken it more to abolishing self-serve machine food ordering because the franchise wants to promote more positive employee:customer relations as part of their style.

Would it not be more of a hassle for both parties trying to explain how much of each flavor pop I want in my cup, instead of just doing it myself at the machine? Would that not promote a negative social interaction and cost the company business?

1 Like

Negative interactions will occur (I mean, if we’re really using McDonald’s as an example), but the idea behind it would be that the positive interactions will outweigh due to the reliance upon one another to get what they need.

Person ordering ideally wants food not spit on, so they will be nice, person doing the ordering wants to keep their job, so they will ideally be nice.

It’s not always fun but you train the employees to make it so, and then that makes in turn customers maybe wanna turn up to that location (or that business in general, nationwide) more.

I used Mcdonalds as an easy reference, They are known for a certain product. Removing said product is a very questionable business decision.

Seems you’re overvaluing the social experience vs the product.

Mcdonalds could have the happiest employees in the world, but I am there as a consumer first and foremost. If they decide to take 30 mins to complete my order I paid for. The likely hood I return there is slim. Which isn’t good for the consumer or business.

I want my two minutes in the drive thru and be on my merry way with my over priced combo, same as the other 100 people in line.

This is not a mutual relationship, the goals are different.

1 Like

Right, so your argument is that people have changed and they want something different from their fast food experience. That’s fair.

Wouldn’t it also be fair to say that you have many options for fast food and can just pick another place that is less concerned about the social aspect and is thus simply dedicated to a straight forward, no frills food-receiving experience?

This is why Ion said you can play retail if you want the LFD.

What you’re describing is only a dilemma if you only have just the McDonalds as an option to eat at, but the likelihood is you have a Five guys right across the street, a burger king around the bend, and a Wendy’s in the same exact parking lot as said McDonalds.

Why can’t McDonalds just be what it wants to be, and you make a different choice?

The drive thru is proven to work, as a company that is built off of fast food to still offer the same food but much slower I doubt would be a wise business choice. I’m not saying they can’t but I’d question why they would or should.

Not true, I could easily say I enjoy their food the most. So if all other variables are the same cost/wait time/ value, one would clearly pick the food they enjoy the most.

So if the increased socialization is not enough to drive you away, and yet still, it’s part of what McDonalds wants branded in to the experience of ordering food there, why would they change?

Increased socialization. LOL.

Anyone that looks at the lfg channel in TBCC and calls that socialization is out of their minds.

People will literally say anything to support their failed argument.

5 Likes

Rdf is a good thing

2 Likes

Thats a subjective variable that they/you are adding. Cost/wait/value as pertains to fast food. If you added in social at the cost of one of those then you’re likely to fall behind. Consumers value tangible things. You can greet 2 people at a counter and have 2 different reactions one good, one indifferent. But when they go to order tell them their price has doubled and the wait time will be an hr. Odds are they go somewhere else.

I understand what you’re saying, at the end of the day many people only care about results.

I just can’t agree that the journey to the results isn’t meaningful as a byproduct though, whether we’re talking about McDonalds or…you know, an MMORPG.

I often just sit in town when I’m using the lfg channel. If I try to do anything else I often miss the lf 3 dps for dungeon x line. If I’m not fast enough /w back the group is filled. If I get into a queue with the lfd I’ll go out into the world a quest or farm until the dungeon pops,

3 Likes

So we don’t need RDF BUT somehow to keep the community strong, we’re enabling people to ninja items or vendor them for far less than the shard value.

Neat.