Worgen shadowlands glaring issue!

Male Worgen upright models pls.

9 Likes

Agreed. Horde have gotten boneless undead, all orc skin tones, etc - lets see an update for our furry friends. Genn doesnt have this issue, let the players share this aspect.

5 Likes

Abolish all hunches in the game and make them stand up right.

Please and thank you folks.

3 Likes

It would be a nice option.

3 Likes

9 Likes

this wouldnt work. due to the physical limitations of the worgen. gen is seen standing up straight but he can only do this for a short time. male worgen have a more feral wolf like apearance and body structure, while the females have more humanlike bodystructure which is why they usually always stand up straight
what they should do, is give worgen tails considering wow is the only place they dont have tails

They should at least have the option, like orcs. The females should also have the option to hunch.

2 Likes

i want an even more severe hunch

i want to put quasimodo to shame

8 Likes

Hang on, I think I can fix the male worgen hunch issue!

Letā€™s see just brace here and then pull back like so andā€¦SNAP

Ohā€¦oh dearā€¦worgen regenerate right?

2 Likes

What are we without bonesā€¦
I donā€™t want to hide my bones, i want more bones!

2 Likes

Probably a pile of flesh.

2 Likes

An option to do so is fine, forcing people to be upright isnā€™t necessary.

Tauren, for instance, i believe literally cant lose their hunch.

Both have a majority human-esq body with wolf parts, especially their back, which has no reason to be hunched over until to reaches the point of their neck leading to their face, which can be more horizontal without having the entire back be hunched.

The old retired Horde player in me approves!

Lycans from Underworld donā€™t have tails.
Werewolves from Van Helsing donā€™t have tails.
Werewolves from Harry Potter donā€™t have tails.

1 Like

i wasnt reffering to that. they arnt werwolves for starters, they are shapeshifters which is much, much different.
two, many blizzard properties depict worgen with tails, wow itself though doesnt for no reason at all. you can find examples of these posted in the thread ā€œgive worgen tailsā€ here on the forums.

Werewolves are shapeshifters. They shift their shape into a different one. By itā€™s very definition, theyā€™re both shapeshifters.

Blizzardā€™s official launch art for Worgen donā€™t have tails. The old Worgen form didnā€™t have a tail either. Ever since Worgen have been introduced into WoW they havenā€™t had tails.

Even Ralaar, the ā€œfirstā€ Night Elf Worgen is depicted without a tail in the book.

Worgen, from a lore perspective, donā€™t have tails.

3 Likes

yes well then you should tell that to blizzard cause again wow is about the only place they dont have tails.
and no the official concept art for them had tails, but it was removed by the time they were actually added.
originally all worgen were going to have tails and the model actually has a tail built into it but its hidden curently, you can activate the tail though if you mess with the files.
so with this is mind they could very easily get tails and theres no reason they shouldnt as an OPTIONAL feature
the game engine wasnt able to support the tails when it was thought about but it can now

Still could have alot of model improvements, in general:

Some of this was fixed after releaseā€¦ The sit animation looked really bad on the legs after the patch, but this was actually fixedā€¦ some tweaks were done after the patch, obviously. Most of this still stands.

Repeats someā€¦

This thread wasnā€™t explained well, but basically, the way the skeleton and textures are structured around the male worgen waist is just kinda, not great. This was adjusting the textures and skeleton, then adjusting the starting pose to get rid of the scoliosis backā€¦ Still hunched, but the hunch looks alot better, I think. It still mostly fixes the belt-warping problemā€¦ Thatā€™s would just, really, take some topology fixing.

its to bad the updates for the worgen in shadowlands still havnt been released. im really excited to see what all they add and changed. some of these things might even be fixed