Will you "need" on gear you can't use, then sell it?

I would clearly state that if you need an item, you must equip it. I would do this for anyone that needs an item as an upgrade. If a rogue needed on the epic Freezing Band, I would kick him if the mage needed it as an upgrade and make sure the mage equips it. If the mage doesn’t equip it, I will screenshot it on the forums after kicking him. It would be everyone need if no one needs it as an upgrade.

I’ve actually never heard this saying but I’m damn well going to remember it.

Sorry! You don’t get to pull the “item upgrade” angle on BoE world drops (the mage didn’t go into the instance with the expectation that a Staff of Jordan or Freezing Band would drop, and as such, they don’t have a right to the item over anyone else).

P.S. In addition, the potential gold from those items represents hours (if not months) of farming.

P.P.S. Also, I’m going to point out the following (to the people claiming that they’ll blacklist individuals by announcing it to the world [forums, chat, etc.]): It’s against the ToS to “Name and Shame,” so you’re opening yourself up to an account ban.

2 Likes

this. it is literally alot ALOT of farming for some of those items worth of gold.

1 Like

So what ideally happens in 3, 4, and 5:

1. dungeon boss drops BoP healing staff
  2. rogue rolls need and wins it, claims it’s to sell for gold, which they need

will build my own grps so i will set a simple lootrule at the beginning. with that if a ninja happens i can contact gms and if it is like vanlla i will get it for the man who needet it.

solved

1 Like

umm theyve already said that they wont be responding to any loot dispute tickets.

so ya . gonna have to eat it on this one.

What? This is about rare, BoE world drops and/or twinking items.

Blizzard isn’t offering CS for drops.

This is actually the secret weapon :+1:

Right and I’m asking about BoP situation. There’s players that need on BoP and justify themselves.

for more info.

1 Like

BoP items are governed by MS before OS, Need before Greed, etc.

Exactly :joy:

If an epic/recipe BoE drops in a 5 man dungeon pug run, yes, I gain nothing from letting a pug player take it when I need the gold just as much as they could potentially need the item.

If I was in a guild group I would of course give it to someone it would benefit as it in term would benefit my guild.

Right, and I’m asking about a BoP being taken by someone who can’t even use it in order to sell it for gold. What would you do about that Garilas?

Your emoji doesn’t make a lot of sense, but I’ll just go with the flow by ignoring it.

1 Like

Chalk up the loss and place them on my ignore list (situationally dependent). Anything else?

replying to you but saying this to everyone, if you have a set of loot rules that you want to implement and are worried about ninjas , just use masterloot and be the masterlooter.

the early instances even up to the level 50ish and below instances give very temporary gear.

its the stuff that is 50 and above that you should do ML for if you are truly worried about loot.

the loot that is BoE should all be up for need rolls due to it being fair to everyone in terms of everyone putting in the effort to get the loot. i would say 800g is surely as much of a bonus to me as it is for you to use it for all of 5 levels.

but ya . use ML if you are so worried about pressing your loot rules on everyone else and you wont have to worry about ninjas unless you are one yourself.

2 Likes

Also, the 2 hour trade for BoP items is limited only to items that drop from raids meaning that this is a non problem for 5 mans entirely.

Forgot that this is the classic forums and that nobody actually researches their topics beforehand.

That’s rather passive of you, but I’m not surprised since I expect that’s how most acts of greed in Classic will go; simply ignored.

Nah, I meant vendoring.

No you didn’t, you said something entirely different.

You’re trolling.