Will you "need" on gear you can't use, then sell it?

Rolling need on a BoE item you need is not ninja looting. Just thought I’d help you clear that up.

What are you rambling on about? Players A, B, C, D, and E go into Instance A with the expectation that the tank will get the tanking items, the healer will get the healing items, and the enchanter will get the enchanting recipes, etc. Players A, B, C, D, and E didn’t go into Instance A with the expectation that a BoE world drop (with a drop rate that’s less than 1%) would drop. Therefore, everyone is entitled to roll on the item, and while an ideal world would see them roll Greed, the simple truth is that everyone should roll Need (the only other grey area for this topic is BoE twinking items from the established loot table, e.g. Assassin’s Blade, and in my opinion, the same rules apply, i.e. it’s fair game for everyone).

P.S. If the group wants to pass the world drop to someone that can use the item then, to be frank, that’s up to them, but the default expectation should be that it’s an open roll for everyone. In addition, these items can be sold for an epic mount (saving the seller a lot of time), sold to purchase items that will benefit the seller, or used to fund repair costs for months.

1 Like

This is why the maximum duration for loot trading should be 5 min so that this kind of practice can only be used to combat “mistakes”…

people needing on bop items that they cant use are straight up jerks and someone in the run probably pissed them off.

other than that though i have a hard time saying someone has priority over someone else on BoE gear that sells for 100+ gold . people have to be personal friends or guildies or something or have been good people to run with for me to defer to someone i dont have any association with to give them loot over my own needs when it comes to that.

i dont owe anyone anything that i dont know or havent formed some connection with. it will benefit me just as much as you for the 5 lvls you can use the item for.

Edit: i wanted to add that the loot trading window only applies to raids like mc zg bwl aq 20 and 40 and naxx.

there is no loot trading for all the other dungeons in the game so the comment about people just being jerks rolling need on bop items in dungeons and not raids that they dont need are indeed being jerks and cant “hold the group hostage” to sell the items later.

2 Likes

Nothing you said makes any sense.

Well since we’re all rolling need on items that we need, and that we all participated in acquiring, I think we’ll be fine.

think we killed the thread :frowning:.

This is literally the ONLY fair way to administer BoE loot in a pug

That’s fine, enjoy your ninja spree till level 60 when your heavily overpopulated class reduces the odds of getting into a decent guild before the fact you’re scum even comes into it.

In otherwords enjoy the gold on your re-rolled alt.

Lol, good luck with that, princess.

Hmmm, what doesn’t make sense? My intention was if you need to make a profit from those that need the item, you’re worse then a masterlooter that steals gear from someone else.

That is utter and complete nonsense and you know it.

Heh, well keep being a prick, eventually karma will catch up to you.

I need the gold; I need the item for my twink, or I just need the item for my banking mule. In other words, you don’t get to dictate what someone does with a BoE world drop, and in this case, the only one being a prick is you.

1 Like

I didn’t know we were talking about BoE’s, this has come off topic as my original post was responding to the OP, who was regarding BoP.

So those reasons trump the person who can actually use it immediately and put it to good use in the group? Entitled much?

The entitlement attitude comes from the people that believe that they have a fundamental right to a world drop over anyone else (you didn’t go into that instance with the expectation that an extremely rare item would drop, etc.).

P.S. Also, I can sell the item for my epic mount and put it to immediate use, or I can send the item to my twink and put it to immediate use, or I can sell the item to fund my repair costs for the next month and put it to immediate use, or I can stash it in my banking mule for future use. Regardless, sod off with the entitled attitude.

1 Like

Why are we talking about BoE’s? The OP was talking about instances where a tanking shield gets needed by a priest, and the priest tries to sell it to the tank at the end.

Edit - Dungeons won’t have loot trade, so this won’t really be a thing other then pug raids, which hopefully is masterlooted by someone with a spine.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s a pair of white shoulders or a rare recipe or an epic weapon. Needing something to sell over a group mate (pug or not) is a scumbag thing to do.
Needing a BOE the group can’t use when everyone else is greeding is a scum thing to do.

I’m really hoping the classic community pushes people like you out of it quickly.

2 Likes

My post doesn’t have a whole heap of I’s in it. Projecting much?