Will you "need" on gear you can't use, then sell it?

I’ve seen people claim that they will do this in PUGs…

They will “need” loot in a dungeon, then offer to sell the loot at the end.

:thinking:

What are your thoughts on this? Are these just ninjas holding loot hostage? Or is this fair, in your opinion?

1 Like

Isn’t there are very hot thread about this already in progress?

7 Likes

Loot trading will be in raids, not in dungeons.

9 Likes

There is. Outside of a handful of items the Gold value does not outweigh the social cost of being a dick and needing on everything.

Simple as that.

43 Likes

I guess the OP needed to make another.

7 Likes

You should not be spending $ on gear when you are lvl’ing up.
you will out grow it in no time…

You should only be doing that in raids… if the guild allows that some do some don’t…

and buying a alt gear for lvl’ing is not part of this topic.

So now there are 2 spinoff threads…

The talking point about needing items is strictly for BoEs, needing on BoPs is ninjaing, needing on BoEs is not.

4 Likes

In dungeons? Yes. Unless it’s a BiS. Most of that crap is going to be replaced in raiding. It’s pointless to equip. If you find a point in equipping it, thanks for the gold. But I wouldn’t equip something that dropped for my hunter… I’d sell that crap too.

1 Like

This. Thank you Dokta.

To add, unless dictated otherwise by the group leader; roll Need if you intend to equip it because it’s an improvement from your previous piece OR roll greed if you don’t need it to improve your gear, however can benefit from the gold/disenchant. That’s it.

There’s no cross realms in Classic. Your name will be remembered. Don’t tarnish it, or be forced to transfer/name change like I’ve seen players do when they got their sh— together and realized their mistakes.

23 Likes

I’m still gonna do it because I’m going to be ahead of most all of the general public because I’m good

2 Likes

Unless your group has decided otherwise at the beginning, you should only need on a BoE if it is an upgrade to you, and you will use it. It’s just courtesy.

19 Likes

Assuming this is a troll post to stir people up.

Not being a douche 100% outweighs a piece of gear you’ll replace 3-5 levels later anyway.

12 Likes

Some people, for whatever reason, just feel like they’re not heard unless they make their own thread.

2 Likes

It’s not a troll. I will be rolling on BoEs to sell even if I can’t use it. I don’t need those people, only my guild

1 Like

I would argue for the big ticket items like Shadowfang most people will Need. Ill be telling my runs to need on Rare/Epic BoEs all day.

Needing on every drop, every armour type? Sure ruin your rep and that of your guild, it could matter, it could not.

2 Likes

You can’t trade in dungeons (boes aside) peroid. So they are just ninja looting.

When it comes to raids this wont happen. Since pugging raids really will not be a thing.

Says they are good.

Most likely will never actually be good enough to get into a raiding guild.

5 Likes

This issue has already been answered in other threads, but to recap, it is your choice whether you join a PUG for a dungeon, grouping up for content, etc, and you accept that anyone can roll “Need” for any item.

If you do not like this potential aspect of players rolling “Need” and then selling the BoE’s after, you can choose to either not join the PUG, or, you can make your own group and set Master Loot.

All rolls are valid, need or greed, in any and all PUG groups if the group leader leaves it set that way. Everyone has their own reasons to Need on every item, be it to resell to make coin, to DE, or maybe they want it to twink a character or give to another alt they are leveling.

I have seen group leaders in the past be up front stating they need a specific drop and then to ensure that no one can ninja loot, they change loot to ML before starting that boss fight, and then change it back afterwards if there are any other bosses.

1 Like

Careful everyone, don’t get cut on all the edge here.

6 Likes

I won’t be ninja looting.

Anyone who does ninja loot will be friended so I can keep track of them and never group with them again.

10 Likes