Will Cataclysm be Dead on Arrival?

Lol you have nothing to worry about. Retail players who left Retail to play Classic, will love playing Cata because it’s closer to Retail than it is to Classic, which is the game they started out playing when Classic released because it’s so different to Retail even though it’s Classic.

1 Like

I’m a Cata-baby, so I guess I will be there.

You can always tell when someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about when they say stuff like this

2 Likes

Right now the WOTLK only people are in hyper drive to make it sound like its all that matters and anything else is the end of world of warcraft. It happened going to tbc. It happened going to wotlk. It is happening now going to cata. Its an Alexsenual approach of everything sucks and if you dont like what I dont like then you are stupid approach to thinking. Which, as with him, gets no where and then you have to move the debate to I change oil for a living so I am a man type convos because you lost the case you were originally trying to make.

1 Like

Dead on arrival? No. And the people saying they’ll quit because of no Wrath servers are an extreme minority…and will play Cata Classic anyway.

And you can always tell when someone is a jerk when they reply the way you do to comments like that. But that’s life I guess hey?

when they dismiss people interested in Cata Classic as “retail players” as if that’s some kind of insult

3 Likes

If it’s not an insult why are you clearly so bothered by it? Lmao, Retail players.

“I’m not bothered YOU’RE bothered!!!”

Ok champ lol.

Heh, wanting to experience a 14 year old expansion (by the time it comes out) makes you a retail player. LOL.

1 Like

I think we will see a population decline but not anywhere near as bad as people think. Many of the people still playing are the die-hard WoW fans and will keep playing.

I highly doubt it. There are a few detractors, but there are more people wanting Cataclysm than not. Otherwise I doubt Blizzard would be releasing it and migrating all the servers to it.

Thanks.

It’ll be “dead” a few months in if they rehost it the way it was originally. I did suggest a way it could be done better: A Better Way To Do Cataclysm

2 Likes

Here is a hot take, Cataclysm Classic will be more popular than WOTLK classic why?

Because more retail tourist might stick around this time making its playerbase higher overall.

(To me Cata is just WOTLK+)

I mean population decline will exist but it won’t be as bad as the ~30% decline we saw in retail cata. But that won’t be because cata is good it will be because of bots, and the presence of alternatives.

4 Likes

Today in the forums I learned that 12m to 10m is -30%.

2 Likes

I hope Cata falls harder than it did the first time. I hope it’s so painfully bad for Blizzard that they scrap this project and close it down. Keep the Classic servers and Season of Mastery and retail.

5 Likes

Worst take

Why? I don’t care what happens to classic era, or SoM, or SoD, or retail. I don’t play those games. I also don’t care what happens to Grand Theft Auto or the Elder Scrolls since I don’t play those games either.

1 Like