Will Cataclysm be Dead on Arrival?

Good old fashioned “I don’t care about winning, I just want them to lose” mentality

2 Likes

I dont get what people are actually excited for, most of catas content was revamped leveling zones.

That’s exactly what I’m excited for. The revamped zones are way more enjoyable than the current ones

Also I never got to experience the raids back then and I’ve heard they’re actually really good

2 Likes

The only zone i genuinely liked better was thousand needles, but they ruined Ashenvale which has always been one my favorite zones in WoW so it’s a net loss.

The first two raid teirs are good, Firelands is one of the best raids they’ve ever made. But Dragonsoul which should be the iconic raid of the expansion, title boss and what not, is one of the worst raids they’ve ever made.

DS was not a great raid but it lasting forever also made it much worse. A shortened version is just okay

1 Like

That’s what has me excited. My work changed and I had to cut back on wow during cata and wasn’t able to raid too.

1 Like

The 10m you see is re-subs at the start of mop.

The dip near endphase is ~9.1m, now what is (100%)*9.1/12?

If you want proof look at the data, it shows cata dropping to about 9m then jumping a bit back to 10m after mop drops.

4 Likes

Good take and it might need to be the case, at least mandatory cata without wrath era. Because the real thing classic people want is vanilla-tbc-wrath. We didn’t know we wanted sod, but it seems they are willing to see what can be done there.

5 Likes
  1. You can say what YOU want, but don’t try and say what everyone else does.
  2. Blizz doesn’t care anyway.

Cata Classic allows them to sell a bunch of Deluxe Editions. They’ve unlocked unlimited boost sales now. Players will buy server changes, name changes, etc. That’s what Classic is all about. GDKPs bring in a ton of business.

You’re wrong. Here’s the data.

https ://img.ifunny.co/images/3811f33aa67dbb99f1c2d34db712162e060667fb8303f9bf5647cfe07543badd_1.jpg

http s://w ww.mmo -champion.com/content/5063-WoW-Down-to-5-6-Million-Subscribers

As you can see you are wrong the 10m number was from sept 2012. For pre-mop cata subscription numbers, I have yet to be proven wrong, with 9.1m so I guess the decline was 25%. If the 10m was right and not done by someone just concluding without any intelligence that it is the best number for their dumb case because big number in between cata and mop must be cata and not mop drawing returning subs. The truth is the timestamp says 10m was at the start of mop, not the mainstay of cata which was in decline.

5 Likes

Math is hard for some people. Let me explain this math concept that is difficult for you. 9.1m isn’t about 8m

1 Like

It still declined by 25% not your 17% read my post and realize you failed as was to be expected of one picking data from pre-mop sub bumps because it looked better.

3 Likes

Heh. I was thinking the same thing.

I’m not the person who claimed cata dropped 17%. I’m the person that proved you were wrong when you claimed it dropped to 8m. I did it by checking the data like you requested and which you never actually did. I get that math is hard for you but apparently reading is also hard for you.

1 Like

Yes by saying the decline was 12m to 10m you said it declined by 17~%, which for someone as dumb as you I understand it is hard for you but you are wrong because you have your conclusion that cata will not fail because you are an idiot who cherry picks and there is your proof you are lacking in all ways mentally. the decline was much more than you said because you choose data at the launch of mop.

4 Likes

You should be a little less obvious when you use alts to like your own posts.

3 Likes

Yehmi was wrong when he claimed cata dropped from 12 million to 10 million. You were wrong when you claimed it dropped from 12 million to 8 million. Who was most incorrect? The correct answer is cata dropped from 12 million to 9.1 million. Yehmi was off by .9 million. You were off by 1.1 million. Yehmi’s estimate was closer than yours. That makes you the most wrong person on the forum today.

This is Feywaif with your math lesson of the day.

1 Like

Aside from Cata not being a good expansion, I want Blizzard to understand that so many people came back to Wrath (they absolutely ruined the game with the changes to start with), because Wrath was the last great expac.

Furthermore, it makes the biggest leap into what we consider retail. Cata had some good QoL changes but there’s so much that could have been done with Wrath, similar to how Classic is being treated.

1 Like

/shrug what ever. I quit a few months into BfA. I also didn’t think it was a good expansion. I was disappointed with wow for a while but BfA was the last straw. I never wished that BfA or any other expansion after would fail. I didn’t care about it. I just did something else and would never have come back if they didn’t re-release classic. I’m pretty good at holding a grudge over someone who I think wronged me. But over a video game? You take hate to a whole nother level than me.

1 Like