Will Cataclysm be Dead on Arrival?

I remember when I was talking to my warlock buddy back in wrath, he said most of the people that would want vannila wow back would end up hating it because they never played it or had strong rose tinted glasses.

Kinda funny how accurate that was so many years later.

1 Like

:thinking:

Classic WoW doubled WoW’s subs. There weren’t rose tinted glasses. People really did want to experience Vanilla.

3 Likes

everyone who played was malding left and right, they hated it and it fell off hard after like 3-ish months lol

also pretty sure blizz stopped showing subs so idk how you say it doubled.

1 Like

Oh ok. I see now. You’re just trolling.

2 Likes

There were numerous articles at the time in all the gaming sites where blizzard claimed vanilla classic doubled wow subs.

1 Like

yea because everything they say is very crediable.

even madseason said it fell off after three months instead one (as if that was some typpe of gotcha moment lol)

uh no? iv seen it man, where do you think the classic andy stuff came from lol

The financial industry is the most highly regulated industry in America. Companies have to be very careful about what they say if it effects stock prices or they can be sued for fraud. I’m confident that when blizzard talks about subs the numbers are accurate.

But blizzard has said nothing about how fast subs dropped since that initial assessment when classic was opened. We have no trustworthy information on sub numbers since then, just best guesses from third party sites

1 Like

I’m getting back into WoW because of the Classic Cata announcement. It is where I stopped playing like 12 years ago, so it’s like a perfect time for me to get back in to it.

I like fire

2 Likes

It will be fine at launch just like every new expansion Blizzard puts out, the problem comes 2-3 months in.

They need to make some pretty big changes to Cata to keep people around. This is the expansion 25 man dies, lots of guilds fractured into 10 man guilds and people started to move off which kind of breaks what will keep a lot of people going. I’m really hoping they change their mind on flex mode for raids simply because it will be easier to keep a larger format going even if we have some people drop off.

I know the internal talk in our guild right now is moving on to Cata, but everyone is far far more interested in SoD and if it turns out good if its enough to just stick with rather than messing with Cata at all.

1 Like

Purely based on the amount of ragnaros mounts flying around. Nope. Ain’t dead. Only forum warriors hate cata.

2 Likes

flex mode + LFR as a catchup mechanic instead of H+ drama = win for blizzard will retain many more.

No.

Thankfully the forums are not reality

yeah I agree but it wont be dead… just a lot of players like myself are in stand by mode cause we don’t want to start a new characters until after cataclysm is released. Plus just made sure that I’ve taken all those quests needed just before they are removed, Like the “Washed Ashore” quest as the quest giver ( Gwennyth Bly’Leggonde) is killed in Cataclysm. Oh and lets not forget “masters glaive” starts out as a octopus looking thing in a gully with a sword in it head and ends up as a suit of arm unearthed by the twilight hammer. With help from the destruction deathwing caused on darkshore.
So see a trend? you’ve been playing cataclysm all this time and may never have known it.

Were you around for the Wall of No? Retail players said no one wanted Vanilla servers and no one would play it. People just…say things. They think because they don’t enjoy something, then no one else will either.

And it’s like a handful of forum posters and their alts, btw.

1 Like

They’ll just nerf the raids if people start unsubbing.

Yup… seen a bunch of those myself. Cata Classic will do just fine.

yeah

1 Like