Why the lack of Customization?

I agree with everything you said but I wanted to requote this because this is another thing I don’t understand about character customizations, I mean it’s almost like Blizzard thinks men don’t wear jewelry or women don’t get tattoos and it’s like we are in 2021 not 1921 it’s time to be more open minded and progressive and with the way they are changing things in the game currently to be more improved for everyone it would be great to crossover these options for both males and females. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3 Likes

The Horde at the moment have more shamams and druid options then the alliance.

In the end by looking to class-race balancing its more difficulty then to simple look into the voidelf-bloodelf- nightelf-nightborne situation.

Druid on horde are: all Tauren, all Trolls.
Druids on alliance are kt,.worgen, nightelves

2 Likes

Right, well I made a thread about a bunch of ideas that honestly could work great for Lightforged

3 Likes

What I’d like to see

Forsaken:

Hairstyles:
Afros
Long curly hair
Cryptkeeper Hair
Banshee Hair

Hair Color:
Black with white/silver highlights
Ghostly glow

Faces:
Full skull face for both
Drooler, Jawless face for female
Stitched faces for both
Stitched mouth
Exposed teeth
Half face (like Twoface)

Skin Color:
Patchwork skin
Burnt/Charred skin
Lividity
Plague Glow skin

Scars of all types (especially those that came from death blows.)
Beards/Facial Hair
Tattoos
Mismatched body parts

Accessories:
Neck bolts
Claws
Arrows
Brain jar (like the ones on the mob from Maldraxxus.)

Blood Elves- Note I’m listing some of what I personally want (not the whole summary, that comes later with updates. :smiley: )

Dark Ranger Options- Red glowing eyes, a few undead skin colors and banshee tear burns.

Hair colors:
Fiery Ombre with a glow effect similar that of Talon of the Phoenix (from bright to muted colors)
Pink

Hairstyles:
Sombra from Night Elves
Knowledge bump from Forsaken
Longer hair for females
Curly hair
More braided hairstyles (like waterfall, lace, and ladder)
Fantasy Princess
Asymmetrical pixie

Feather toggle (this option would differ from Void Elves feathers in that they’d have arcane or fire effect.

Tattoos/Warpaint:
Henna styled tattoos
Magister styled tattoos
Farstrider Tattoos (different style from void elves)

Scars:
Scars obtained in battle against Arthas’ attack on Quel’thalas in WCIII.
Runic Scarification
Claw marks
Slash mark

Skin Color:
Felblood

Ears:
Damaged ears

More facial hair and jewelry for men.

Worgen:

Fur:
Jet black

Tail options:
Tailess
Docked/nub
Chopped
Wispy
Wolf

Ears:
Ears with orientation at the top of the head like real wolves.

Scars
Separate Hair colors
Different claw options
Straight back posture

Void Elves:

Eyes:
Black eyes
Old God eyes (red, gold, and orange)
White

Hair color:
Starcursed Hair
Pink

Hairstyles:
Long curly hair
Braided (with void tentacles)

Feather toggle

Skin Color:
Starcursed
Variations on void corruptions
Onyx

Ears:
Damaged ears

Scars

Tattoos:
Void styled runes
Celtic styled Farstrider tattoos

LFD:

Skin Color:
Onyx
Pearlescent

Eyes:
More eye colors in general

Horns:
Pearly horns

17 Likes

Love this thread! What I would really enjoy seeing is visual customization for a character’s class depending on race selected. I had read a thread about this previously but an example would be:

• Blood elf paladin having Blood Knight-themed colors to their spells
  • Lightforged monk (If we ever get them) - light-themed colors to monk abilities
  • Void elf - etc. etc.

I think these class ‘skins’ would be fantastic and don’t necessarily have to be tied to race, but allow for visual customization of spells without having the balancing nightmare that a bunch of new spells would entail. The Shadowlands covenant ability spell effects have been great in terms of visual presence/particle effects/etc. and would love to see that translate to something we could tweak on our characters to add that extra level of customization.

4 Likes

I’m loving what you guys have added in customization wise so far! I wanted to bring some attention to some zandalari troll ideas & there are some kul tiran ones as well in the same thread!

Also, I know core races won’t be looked at for a while but I wanted to drop in this thread about dark spear trolls for whenever you guys decide to revisit adding options for them :slight_smile:

Super excited to see what else you guys have been working on for the allied races!

6 Likes

I feel some races playing some classes in gw2 is so odd. I’d feel the same way if every race could be every class in wow, though there are some additions I want.

1 Like

Elementalists throw me. Was a human thing, and you were limited to one Element. (in gw1)

That Charr can be them is so weird.

1 Like

I feel like norn don’t fit as necromancers and engineers.

1 Like

That I can see too.

Still I get why they did it.

Though I’m not sure I want that in WoW… Some races and the way they’ve setup their power is far more restrictive than how GW2 is setup just by lore alone. (though again GW2 technically retconned a lot to make that possible.)

1 Like

I would find it pretty ridiculous in wow to see some classes on some races.

2 Likes

I wish all races had more curly hair options. Especially since I have curly hair in rl lol.

16 Likes

Agreed, I have curly hair IRL so it’s kinda sad not to see it on most races

8 Likes

Void elf and forsaken paladins comes to mind.

And gnome druids lol.

Remember Tauren pala… I mean “sun druids”?

Technically they’re not sun druids.

They’re an order of paladins born from the teachings of the Argent Crusaders and Tauren’s own culture of reverence for the Sun as well as the Moon.

Like… they’re looking at it from a very druid like mindset but they are actual paladins. Just more interesting.

5 Likes

Yeah, they aren’t druids at all.
They were former warriors if anything. They just decided to start worshipping An’she as the holy light and viola, became paladins.

Paladins just happen to be the sun class, while druids are moon.

They make way more sense than dumb troll paladins who, are paladins because of a dinosaur lmao.

Not what Blizzard told us. They gave the name “sun druids”, so…

Not at all, the game never said sun druids. And they did show Aponi, being a former warrior in northrend.

Yeah, I’ll just leave it there.