New Troll Customizations are lacking

Beards

-Trolls have been represented with beards for a long time in artwork (Even the main troll page features a bearded troll). Several troll characters in-game have sported beards (Rokhan, Sen’jin, Vol’jin, Sul the Sandcrawler). This option should be the first thing available for trolls at this point.
There are also at least 10 models of troll sporting beards in Warcraft 3 Reforged

Hairstyles:

-The random highlight streak on most of the new hairstyles should be optional. I shouldn’t have a random color suddenly appearing on a character’s hair
-Dreadlocks are available for humans but not for trolls that actually represent their culture
-Still missing a longer hairstyle like other races have
-Two of the added hairstyles are actually from Warlords of Draenor but they were never implemented, thus they aren’t really new
-True black hair should be present

Ear Options

-Elves and Goblins have the option of regulating their ear shape. Trolls have different ear shapes in lore and should have the option for changing them in game as well

Faces

-While this is an issue with every race (Except humans), new face options should be added to enhance the customization as a whole

Tusk Jewelry

-This should be a separated option from the Tusk shape

Tattoos/Warpaint

-Missing a black color which is, arguably, the most commonly used color in tattoos around the world
-More tribal/aztec options would be a valuabe addition that fits in with the race

Eye color

-The blind/greyed out option should be able to be chosen in either eye, independently from which eye color we are choosing

Female Tusks

-Females need more tusk options. Specially some bigger ones

Jewelry for Females

-Females should have necklaces added to their options

Zandalari
-Since Allied Races seem to get some customization as well, i’d like to just point out how easy it’d be to port the tattoos and warpaint over to Zandalari

> Troll Beards have been requested for years, as can be seen here in 2010:

>Troll Beards in Official Media

> Link to a Thread on Reddit with actual pictures!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/hh4td8/troll_customization_feedback/

143 Likes

Blood troll tats would be pretty awesome.

22 Likes

They can be replicated somewhat with the red tattoo option

2 Likes

The dreadlocks being given to humans before trolls is truly deserving this meme :

https://icdn.2cda.pl/obr/oryginalne/9ed9933edc210f49e9660ee692f218d2.jpg

I fully agree with the list,

-I’d also have damaged ear option. My character isn’t that much for jewelry but he could have damaged earloobe.

-black hair color

-more hairstyles (especially dreadlocks!) trolls and tauren were always behind when it comes to customization so I believe that they deserve extra love to “catch up” with the rest of playable races.
And instead of giving us weird options like jungle flower for troll females and balding braids/ palm tree to give something which would look appealing to a lot of players.
like :
https://i.imgur.com/XrxFGuy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yYc4S0K.jpg

proper goaties for males.

Because right now while some options looks good they’re still somewhat underwhelming when compared to others.

I think this summary shows it the best:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/625662610158911488/725748336535273492/105565796_3244513332296046_1909952580369890804_o.jpg

For females - just like males they really need two more face options. And more hairstyles that would fit them.

More iconic and fitting jewelry. Like for example tiara with serpent, or tiny snake earring. Tiny tiki earrings.

War paint that has single stripe over their eyes (and also black should be an option) or just few dots above or below the eye. The two out of 3 facial paints look almost identical. And it would be avoided if they had single stribe across eyes and like two dots above eyes, instead of two stripes across the cheeks.

Why not some body paint that is in honor to the Loa? Why not something asymetric with tiger (Shirvallah) motive?

There are so many crazy things they could do with trolls. They almost beg the developers for it.

So I really, REALLY hope it was just first wave and there is more to come. Draenei had 6 hairstyles that were datamined. So I hope there is more for trolls and palm tree isn’t the biggest revelation for males.

Also some hairstyles needs to be revisited, the 2D textures instead of proper 3D model for mohawks looks really dated.

So far females got more impressive choices and I believe it will nicely help them.
With right cutomization they can remind water nymph :
https://i.imgur.com/KkZ4wrl.jpg

29 Likes

Yes please. Trolls need beards.

Those are actually warpaints not tattoos, but yes add black please.

22 Likes

I agree with this thread.

Trolls need more faces.
More hair styles like shown above from Thioccan. Dreadlocks, a mohawk with braids, braids, side cuts etc.

A deep green skin option.

Beards like in WC3. Even Rokhan is missing his (goat) beard!

Better tusk (jewelry) options.

Some colored, or wooden ear piercings. Feathers and bones for their hair, ears and jewelry.

Claws like in Shadow of the Horde or WC3 Reforged (yes I went there).

20 Likes

I strongly agree. TROLL IS THE MASTER RACE WE NEED ALL THE CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS IN THE WHOLE GAME GIVE THEM ALL TO THE MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE TROLL MASTER RACE DARKSPEAR NEVER DIE DARKSPEAR NEVER DIE ZANDALAR FOREVER ZANDALAR FOREVER TAZ’DINGO TAZ’DINGO TAZ’DINGO!!! GIVE US MORE CUSTOMIZATION!!! ONCE YA GO TROLL YA NEVER REROLL

Stay away from da voodoo.

23 Likes

Tattoos, or war paints representing different loa!

11 Likes

Fully agree with everything said in this Thread. We need more customizations done with actual though on them rather than just recycle older things and there is no excuse for this treatment as Trolls in general are the 3rd most played race in the Horde according to the last number reported by Realm Pop

10 Likes

All trolls need to have upright posture option available.

21 Likes

This as an option, or at least somewhat more straight. I mean even most belts are vanishing in a male trolls torso. More something like that.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/B4Jd-Nfw-D4/maxresdefault.jpg

6 Likes

Got one wavy hair option so far! More curls please!
As a Zandalari main I am also hoping that a lot of these fem troll options are made available to Zandalari women as well…
My War-Goddess needs her curls!

14 Likes

I think that should done for all races, honestly.

Dark Souls 3 has the option to customize eye colors separately IIRC, which is something I think more games should have as a character customization feature.

I still think Trolls should get beard options, too. A bit disappointing that they still won’t let Trolls outside of Vol’jin and a couple of Sand Troll NPCs have beards. They even retconned Rokhan to have always been clean-shaven despite having had a beard in the original version of Warcraft III.

7 Likes

But you get a palm tree haircut…

3 Likes

I copied your post into my supercomputer and it spat out the location of the lost treasure of the Illuminati. Thank you.

:cookie:

9 Likes

I agree with your very last statement! In fact, I made my Darkspear Troll Druid, to mimic a Sea Elf, you know, also a kind of Water Nymph, with blue skin and green hair, or green skin and blue hair. I named her after Ariel, from “The Little Mermaid”.

1 Like

I’d name mine after Nimue if I had an option.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/age-of-wonders/images/3/3b/Nimue.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20140309072113

I think that followers of Lukou could have looks like that. She was meant to be beautiful troll female loa with water affinity.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m kind of disappointed with the lack of hair options for both sexes. I do like the tattoos, but they should have the option to be black.

Plus there should be a Zandalari equivalent for any options the troll ‘base’ race gets

4 Likes

To be fair… the “tattoos” presented currently for Trolls are actually War Paint… in which White (Talc or Chalk) is actually the most common world wide historically…

As for the rest of their customization… I highly doubt that what little we’ve seen thus far is all that Trolls are getting…

6 Likes

Casting quick heal to this thred

All power to the Trolls! Besides, I can’t believe how this idea:

It was given to the nightborne even before a core race. Blizzard needs to step up their game with the Master Race!

7 Likes