Why the Arena Changes are bad (From a Gladiator)

All of these changes will be bad for EVERYONE in the arena. Hardcore and casual. Let’s walk through them.

This one is honestly one of the worst and I find it troubling people aren’t bringing it up more.

• Arena Teams will begin at 0 rating. (Teams began at 1500 in original Burning Crusade.)

No they absolutely should not.

Look TBC arena is suppose to give you a couple of free epics, and you are suppose to start at 1500. Why? So people can login, do their 10 games, get their points around the 1500ish rating mark and then disban the team and redo this if they want to.

Not to mention if you happen to want to try a new comp or something starting off at 0 rating is going to be a major pain in the butt.

I get their reasoning for it, they don’t want people to exploit the ‘free points’ but when you combine this change with this change:

• All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase and equip.
    • Shoulders = 2200
    • Weapon = 2050
    • Head = 1700
    • Chest = 1600
    • Legs = 1550

You might as well kiss casual arena participation goodbye.

Guys, even if you are an avid pvper or arena player like me, you got to realize having casuals participate is quite literally the best thing for you. The more people participate, the easier it is to get higher ratings, and the more people get arena titles. You WANT casuals to be participating in arena, you don’t want to scare them away. Even if it is just for 10 games.

What i truly don’t understand is why they are making these two massive changes to season 1, one change that came way later and another that was literally never in tbc, but then they come back and bring back this.

Tornadoes will randomly spawn in Nagrand Arena in Season 1.

Holy christ the inconsistency. Are you trying to make the early arena seasons feel like the early arena seasons or not.

Because I guarantee with the first two changes you are going to be completely eliminating half of your arena participants before it even starts.

UPDATE: blizzard actually listened and gave us completely reasonable changes.

220 Likes

Garbage changes no one asked for. Either out of touch or enjoy giving us the finger but prob a bit of both

90 Likes

I have had defended a lot of blizzards decisions TBH, but I am not defending these. They are complete dogsh!t. They don’t even attempt to keep the TBC ‘feel’ for arenas, and it’s just going to murder off the casual playerbase which is literally the HEART of arenas.

101 Likes

I agree I usually don’t trash blizz (didn’t mind the changes so far) but not only is this not how it was back then, it’s a change nobody and I mean nobody wanted. I see lots of wanting dual spec post but ratings requirements on pvp gear?

I kinda wonder how they will give us dual spec and twist it in some unimaginable fashion where even people who wanted dual spec will say just leave it alone.

16 Likes

This kills the TBC.

57 Likes

100% correct.

These changes actively discourage people from playing the game. Casuals have no reason to participate in arena now. It’s a lose/lose for everyone.

Blizzard is looking at this all wrong. The reward for arena was never the gear. It was the prestige from the Gladiator title and mount.

44 Likes

This is why the classic plus doomsayers are correct…

The current iteration of Blizzard is incompetent.

68 Likes

Lets see the Glad account

This is the main thing.

The only “reason” I can think of them adding this is because most classes, their Pre Raid BIS is the arena weapon. I do know a few people who hate pvp did not like the fact that they would be more less forced to do Arenas. But even they didn’t care THAT much, just do your 10 games a week and move on.

5 Likes

I don’t normally complain about things. I’m pretty easy to please lol but these changes are disgusting.
Also infernal gladiator lol. Thats pure cringe.
I’ve been waiting for tbc arenas since classic announcement 2017. Pretty disappointed but not surprised. Now they’ve adapted #somechanges they cant help themselves. Cant imagine what classic wrath will be like.

36 Likes

Are you people 4 serious?

1 Like

Ya they seem to be alot more hands on with tbc classic too unfortunately. I think the #nochanges movement was just reborn with this announcement.

7 Likes

That’s not true though. Pre-Bis doesn’t really exist in TBC like it existed in classic. TBC has such high gear quality from the start that referring to Arena weapons are prebis is simply a mistake. You’re very likely to get a comparable Kara weapon or better before you are able to get the Arena weapon.

And guess what the best solution is to this? Very simple. You don’t start rated Arena until 4-6 weeks after phase one starts.

2 Likes

I’m sure he’d be happy to log on his glad account once you log on your classic main.

3 Likes

I’ve never made a secret of my classic main actually. I’ve posted from both many times

That deletes any desire to touch arena for me. I’d have been going into arena to get early gear, but now I’d need to remain active to use it, even if I grind it out?

This feels like an elaborate shell game to make early raiding even more required.

7 Likes

Then feel free to edit your post with your name/server of your main.

3 Likes

You would not, no…

If I were trying to leverage my main to give my posts credibility sure I would/have. If OP wants to give his post weight by claiming to be a gladiator, he should post from his gladiator account

1 Like

Get out of my thread troll. You didn’t even play tbc

31 Likes

Post from the account.