Why people are getting mad about warlock restriction being lifted?

Nothing about this exists in lore.

You made this up.

There is lore for a dark skinned high elf in a book.

In game blizzard never expanded the high elven npcs. Cause they weren’t super important at the time. Lol

You been around this long, complaining about lore and the writing, and yet knowing nothing about it.

Cute.

2 Likes

Drinking the green sludge Mannoroth offered up turns you green.

Consuming the blood of Mannoroth turns you red.

Mere exposure to the fel has a degenerative effect. That’s how the Draenei became the Broken. It’s not immediately clear how anyone who practices fel but hasn’t consumed the Mountain Dew, or Code Red Mountain Dew doesn’t turn into a prune.

The green sludge was his blood.

2 Likes

I like Cyclops more than Wolverine. Cyclops has become such an amazing character of time, while Wolverine isn’t allowed to Evolve as he, like Spider-Man, are Marvel’s posterboys.

1 Like

I really don’t think you need a lore reason for someone picking up a how-to warlock book. It’s a school of magic anyone can learn.

3 Likes

Because they think the game will look kind of stupid when you allow the community to decide what race/classes exist in the world rather than the writers. It’s a world-building thing. Fantasy, open-world RPGs are usually known for coherent world-building.

1 Like

I found what you’re talking about on Wowpedia and the passage says “several years.” Maybe that’s the loophole? How long is several years? Maybe Mag’har haven’t had time to turn green?

I dunno. I’m not making a Mag’har lock so I don’t really care.

^this.

Imagine a grown adult raging over a video game race. That’s what makes the forum funny.

Then why did the blood of Mannoroth turn Grom red when he drank it in WC3? And why was it red blood that time?

It is also what is happening in game, as I explained in the quote.

First of all, that is on you and not on me.
Fact of the matter is, the blood elves had access to darker skin tones since TBC. Considering that the blood elves’ skin darkened the more fel they were exposed to (as seen on the felblood elves) it is not too far-fetched to imagine, that a slight change in pigment would occur if one were to be exposed to more fel than average.

As mentioned, despite sharing models with High Elves, these High Elves never had the same tones of skin.

I have not claimed otherwise in regards to the average Blood Elf, especially not those in Quel’thalas. But the felblood elves did.

I am discussing the effect of the levels of fel exposure between different races, to show that there is a clear indication that the races are affected differently by fel, to further explain that not all show the exact same signs if any at all if exposed to fel - depending on levels.

It did for the ones loyal to the Burning Legion in the Sunwell Plateau.

Felbourne were exposed to Fel. There weee several introduced in Suramar.

1 Like

exactly as if the damn naaru have never been turned evil/corrupted. As if maghar are some how saints that can’t be corrupted hell that is how we got green orcs to begin with they drank the damn blood of manaroth. Hell Guldan is a fricken shaman originally and Nerzhul that turned Warlock.

i think there is even a Mage somewhere in lore that sought out more power thus he turned lock ( KT? ) got so corrupted he turned into a damn lich.

I don’t remember them then in my head canon any most stuff between Archimonde and Argus is a blur and anything after Argus never happened.

That way in my happy little head Azerite Gear /Essences and Soulbinds/Conduits never happened and we have yet to realy face N’zoth in a real Void expansion .

The only ones that did were Kael’thas and his direct followers in Outland

Alright, not just strictly dark, no.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Felblood_elf

A variety of colours.

So you’re discussing Felblood elves, and then you’re trying to conflate the two the second being your head canon about blood elves.

Because Blood Elves are high elves and high elves have the same level of diversity across the race.

1 Like

I hope they give them the Feltotem customizations from Legion, like the fel antlers and fel glowing hands. They look so cool!

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what you refer to as headcanon.

I think you are lost in the entire thing.

Its actually not at all happening. You’re just making things up.

This isn’t true.

The Blood Elves had no skin changes due to the Fel radiation they were exposed to.

Only the Felblood elves had any changes where their skin shifted into the standard fel creature colorations; red, purple, blue, ect. No player blood elves nor any blood elves from Quel’Thalas and the Horde side of things ever consumed or were affected by fel to that extent.

Blood Elves, at least that we play, have the exact same skin tones that a high elf would also be able to have. There is no difference between the two groups beyond political, and ideological.

Except for when they do… Like in the books… or having the same exact skin tones available to their model the entire time.

That blizzard doesn’t often use more than the one tone is only because the high elves are not important and not player characters. Its not a lore thing.

Which has nothing to do with the player skin tones… or whether or not they’re the same ones a high elf could have.

So if you truly think this then why did you bring up the idea at all that the skin was turning red or darkening?

Heck why do you think the Blood Elves drink blood at all?

Felblood have nothing to do with the playable blood elves, and per the devs, the only effect the Fel radiation had on them was that it changed their eye color temporarily…

You’re making things up otherwise about the skin tones and apparently what the blood elves drink…

You said blood elves. You didn’t say Felblood elves. They’re two different things.

The Blood Elves have had no changes caused to them by the Fel. They never consumed it. They were only temporarily affected by fel radiation from being near the fel crystals used to power the city until the Sunwell was restored.

The only change they had happen was eye color. And that is entirely temporary, per the devs.

3 Likes