Why is cross-realm Wintergrasp OK but not LFD?

So it’s ok to change how Wintergrasp works, but it’s not ok to add an authentic WotLK feature?

121 Likes

Came to the forums today to post this and found your post. EXACTLY! We can have instanced wintergrasp (I am assuming cross realm but don’t know yet) but we cant have RDF? Blizz you are really messing up Wrath.

37 Likes

It’s not, hopefully we get original wg and no rdf until the last phase.

1 Like

BECAUSE RDF WOULD DESTROY MY PRECIOUS WTS BOOST AND LF BUYER GDKP SOCIALIZATIONS SPAM!?!?eleventyone

41 Likes

Told somebody a few weeks ago that winter grasp was going to be instance based cross realm. They were under the delusion that the reason blizzard removed RDF from the game was because blizzard thought cross realm features aren’t authentic classic experience.

There is a lot of cognitive dissonance at blizzard.

40 Likes

How bout they just make it fair and use bg tool to group for dungeons?

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for months. I agree with the WG change. It was needed. LFD is also needed.

23 Likes

Remember when they talked about their design pillars?

Remember when they didn’t actually follow through on any of them?

38 Likes

Because cross realm WG helps the mega realms. LFD does not. LFD would only help small realms which they do not care about. I predicted exactly this would come with WG but was hoping I’d be wrong. So we on small realms have something originally in the game taken away from us while fat realms get something new. Players that deliberately ruined realms get a bail out while players suffering on small ones are left to rot.

25 Likes

Cross realm WG certainly should not exist. Blizzard’s constant catering to megaservers is the source of all their worst Classic decisions; megaservers should not even be allowed to exist.

But then, I don’t even like cross-realm BGs.

8 Likes

Misery, check
Depravity, check
Confusion, check
Hatred, check
Mistrust, check
Chaos, check

Seems like six for six to me.

11 Likes

A lot of people who talk about the, “social experience” and “community” don’t count PvP as part of that.

For some reason.

16 Likes

BGs are literally the dungeons of PVP.

19 Likes

That’s easy. Because you couldn’t do it on many servers without this change. Kinda like BGs where you need way more than 5 people to do content.

What surprises me is that the anti RDF people aren’t swarming this. But don’t worry Blizzard knows what they’re doing, they’re preserving the community aspect by letting Wintergrasp be cross-realm but won’t give us RDF. Community aspect is being saved, don’t worry. :+1:

6 Likes

instanced wintergrasp but them removing RDF which was in wrath and we want.

WAKE THE HELL UP BLIZZARD. People on the classic team need to be let go at this point.

22 Likes

They’re not the same thing, LFD/LFR ruined WoW.

1 Like

oh look its the boy who cried gdkp lol

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s ok. I’m surprised you do. I thought it would bother you Shadows.

I guess you’re more about the PVE now.

It’s probably needed but it just makes the game less fun.

Yea, hopefully we get RDF with patch 3.3

3 Likes