Why hate neutrality?

And without crafting you would all be fighting nekkid. so what? Live in the now

2 Likes

Bad how?

How??

HOW???

Unlike you spinning it only as a negative…

H O W

Ok. You are still missing a point.

What? You really need to explain yourself, but that seems to be too much for the average forumite. What is “too much” and what do you think is the limit of “what the narrative could handle”? You throw out buzzwords and phrases but there’s nothing to back them up…

Legion is the same as Battle for Azeroth? In what universe? Definitely not this one…

Like nearly every expansion beforehand, yes. What is so special about Legion doing it?

HOOOW?

The story progressed just fine for over a decade with it.

Bolvar was turned into the third Lich King and was antagonistic towards the Alliance and Horde, even the Death Knights, until the Shadowlands pre-patch, and even now isn’t really on either side of this “yes faction war” or “no faction war” debate since his faction is the undead…

Plenty “legacy characters” were involved with the faction war during Battle for Azeroth and even Shadowlands…

3 Likes

I don’t hate just neutrality, I hate everything!

:dracthyr_lulmao:

It was only a flesh wound!

you can still flag for pvp.

It was a mistake to add Anduin and Alleria to the mix, but this is what sells. Like you, who can’t even transmog properly a dwarf, they need these characters for your clichéd players, who are too proud/stubborn to give other races a chance.

Won’t happen. If anything, Anduin will turn into Varian more. That’s the whole character arc and how he ends up being the leader of everyone.

Because due Asmongold. On a stream, he spit on a mount store-mount user, which ended up being copied by many players worldwide. That’s why they deactivated it.

Wiping out a player race is no victory but a simple revenge plot from the Cosby Suite user of the developers. He forced everyone to go through with this, knowingly, that it will ruin World of Warcraft, because his days at Blizzard were numbered.

Killing Jaina off will lose permanent subscriptions.

Pro-war player. Neutrality was pushed upon the Alliance and Horde by necessity in the past. Conflict between the two factions is foundational to the game. There will (hopefully) come a time when something truly interesting and greater than a territory/resource spat sparks the conflict again and in a big way.

The faction war isn’t what ruined WoW’s story.

It’s the atrocious way they wrote the faction war story.

This is a game called World of Warcraft. If Blizzard is unable to portray a world of war and craftsmanship, then they have failed at maintaining this IP.

4 Likes

I don’t need anything. What we are talking about is fundamentally changing World of Warcraft. A better question would be: Why do you “need” to change the basic formula and aesthetic of the game away from its origins?

The perfect example of what I’m talking about is the burning of Teldrassil. Excellent story move. Created the exact atmosphere and perception of the opposite faction for BFA. I’ve often said Blizzard dropped the ball harder in BFA than they did in SL. SL was doomed to suck the moment Sylvanas took one of the most iconic heroes from passed expansions, and kicked the crap out of him. Just about everything from that moment was an equal or worse disappointment. The BFA per-expansion content and cinematics were A+, but they did an absolute piss poor job of following through. They are only getting to the sword now because it is such an embarrassing misstep in storytelling.

2 Likes

They should do away with action movies too cause there is fighting in them. We can instead watch movies about holding hands the whole 2:15 of it. Thats what this boring neutrality is exactly like.

“But I can’t group with my friends on the other side” good! You shouldn’t be allowed to. Try out the other faction and see what it’s like.

The story writing is so bad rn it’s all about feelings > conflict.

New branding of the game after this expansion should be world of feelings craft.

Because it remembers too much on WW2? Innocent people burning in their homes? An actual attempt to wipe out a player race?

Nobody asked for this after Legion. Especially after Legion. The actual storyline should have continued through the Class Halls. Legion was the ultimate team up and start of an new era.

4 Likes

at some point you need to move on from endless war. it gets stale fast. wow was not built around pvp it was built as a pve game with pvp as a side game.

3 Likes

I’d be cool with more faction stuff if it didn’t mean either faction would have to just get smacked hard with the “suddenly idiot” bat like in BFA just so the plot could happen.

4 Likes

/untroll

I agree, but I’m not hard-pressed to do away with faction warfare. It was the legacy of the game’s predecessors. But legacies are not recipes for entertainment. This legacy seems only to serve to remind us of the fun we had in that environment. The story shaped so far offers unlimited potential with either neutrality or faction warfare. Perhaps the neutrality can offer a reprieve for the writers in not having to cater to a stifling legacy.

/retroll

Yah, mon.

This^

That was incredibly stupid and forced… goodness gracious. It gave the impression that the people, who wrote that stuff had lost a few brain cells trying to push through the story in BFA. I apologize; I know that sounds harsh, but what happened in the lore after Legion… jeez… xD

4 Likes

Neutrality is only a dream of wishers playing with fires they never knew existed.

my grandpa told me his professors were teaching climate change would wipe us out before 2020. They gonna be scaring people with this for centuries XD

That’s supposed to negate the actual work put into climate science, because your grandfather said someone said something wrong? :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

3 Likes

Yup, climate change is a scam.

Sorry if that triggers you, but yes. Exactly. War is hell. That’s the point. Where it went sideways is how everyone was happy at the end, rather than loyalists ending up in a Nuremberg type court. I think the way they should have worked out for the player is they got some sort of toy that added a “collaborator’s brand” to the forehead or something. Similar to if you never cleansed the eye at the end of BFA.

Did you miss where I posted this?

1 Like