Why hate neutrality?

no to the all out faction war, yes to proxy wars between sub factions(silverwing sentinels vs warsong outriders that sort of thing) that was the interesting part for me at least that there wasn’t an all out war more of a cold war type thing prior to cata

Good Grief… Lets not kid ourselves here, the reason we’re seeing the faction stories blend is because Blizzard doesn’t want to write 2 separate stories. The dual perspective story telling is a big part of what drew me in to begin with.

8 Likes

Yuck, I didn’t know that but I also haven’t looked much into the next xpac past preordering it and looking forward to making an Earthen Dwarf Horde Warlock with the hope it has as good of racials as stoneform and fireblood.

3 Likes

I don’t hate neutrality. However, I can’t help but feel neutral factions will be boring and stale just like Pandarens.

Rest in pieces.

2 Likes

I don’t hate neutrality but I hate how absurdly bad the devs are at writing it

4 Likes

They’re not literally saying they peaked in high school.

Warcraft 3 is high school in this analogy.

It would be nice if you didn’t clutter every thread with your personal vendetta. Practice what you preach.

Sometimes you just need people to choose a side…

1 Like

That’s kind of what happened in Shadowlands. They made people choose a covenant based on limited information. It was a decision they were going to be stuck with for the entire expansion. Want to tank, heal, and do dps on your druid, paladin, or monk? Want to do PvP, mythic+, and raiding? Better roll NINE characters.

Players absolutely hated being forced to make a decision and being stuck with it.

2 Likes

Faction War theme is essentially what this game is. This game is based off of Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 had top tier story telling in my opinion. If anyone remembers, W3 never really only had two factions. It was couple of different factions that worked together when they needed to. There were times where the orcs and night elves allied with each other. They should’ve used that concept where races could be interchangeable within factions more to further develop Wow’s story. I feel like if they didn’t pigeonhole each race into its original faction and allowing certain races to leave and join factions on some xpacs it would make storylines more interesting.

A good example of this would be the High Elf aka Blood Elf campaign in W3. With technology we have today, things like this could be easily implemented through the character select screen. When a race changes factions due to story, give players the option to switch into that faction with the race or the option to stay within the faction as another race. Things like this could easily keep the “faction war” theme from W3 going and not be stale. It can also open up the gate for cool and interesting storylines.

2 Likes

nuh uh, the orcs dont pay taxes, and we as alliance, must make them pay taxes!

The factions have unique cultures, histories, and aesthetics even without their neverending war, but the end of the war and the introduction of cross-faction groups led to the arguments that Blizzard should make all races and cities neutral next, which flies in the face of the franchise’s entire history and makes your choice of faction next to meaningless. That’s my problem with the push for neutrality.

I like the factions having major differences and incentives to play both. I do not want the game to end up like DCUO where the factions were watered down so heavily that the only differences between them now are which NPCs you interact with during instanced content.

1 Like

Huh?

The Horde were obviously the bad guys starting in Vanilla, but that was more due to shoehorning an undead race into them.

The forsaken were straight up evil from day 1, and the horde was complicit to it.

I am not sure if it ever was “fantastic” but it definitely isn’t now.

I mean the Horde doesn’t even make sense anymore.

At least, the Horde have a land feature designed after them.

I have the exact opposite opinion. I think the faction identity was fantastic back in MoP and has only gotten worse since. Largely because of faction and race leaders being defanged overtime from where they were originally. The whole Siege of Orgrimmar ending cinematic was absolutely fantastic… If only it wasn’t in Orgrimmar in the first place.

For PvP I hate it because it’s unbalanced and creates time of day queuing and no-go gamemodes which is a pain because I enjoy PvP a lot. For PvP I want the factions gone so I can enjoy more matches and fairer matchmaking.

There is a lot of lost potential on the gilneas “questline” but the undead being there ticked me off so much. If it was just Genn, Tess, and the Crowleys retaking gilneas with that questline it’d be a nothing burger but it actively worsens the faction and racial identity of the Worgen. Genn is a joke now, they completely destroyed him in 4 quests. Then Gilneas isn’t even a city, it’s a joke. The military district is still abandoned and the Court and Market Districts are nearly as empty.

2 Likes

Factions have been a problem in this game for a long time even before it got old. It doesn’t make sense for any aspect of the game.

2 Likes

Always has been.

This is a good thing.

you’re either supporting my wrong views or you’re against me.

1 Like

It’s a weird subject for me because I’m generally opposed to “faction war” but I do still like some sort of wedge between the Alliance and Horde to maintain a more cold war atmosphere, like pre-Cata.

Overall, though, the primary thing I would like maintained is faction identity existing on some level. I enjoy identifying as a member of the Horde, for sure example. I like the idea of Alliance and Horde players being able to interact in almost every aspect of the game (open-world parties, dungeons, raids, guilds, whisper, /say). But there are some places where I’d like it to stop, such as maintaining the racial capitals as hostile to the opposing faction.

That said, I’d be in favor of dissolving factions completely if the alternative is to put off-brand versions of one faction into another. Earthen are treading thin ice, for example, and I’m very concerned that the Arathi are going to be a way to introduce neutral playable “humans” down the line (but that’s my tinfoil hat talking). If a draenei can run around Orgrimmar shouting “For the Horde!” while an orc does the opposite in Stormwind, then the factions may as well not exist at all.

2 Likes

Most players dont want to wpvp, thats why they had to tie bribes to WM to get people to use it. even then not that many do. its like tying a porkchop around a kids neck to get the dog to play with them.

1 Like