Why hate neutrality?

Not totally,there is truth in the fact our atmosphere is being depleted every year,it is being bleed away. Yet, they are not crying the sky is falling when it is .

1 Like

As much as I’m tired of the constant We hate each other, no we have to work together story being fully neutral is boring in a different way and I don’t really have much of a way to make it work one way or the other besides perhaps adding in more factions that are not just blown away or forgotten the moment we learn about them.

It played its part certainly. It wasn’t the only factor why WoW’s story has gone of the rails (especially since it was never really on a good set of rails to begin with). I imagine story telling at blizzards starts off a lot with “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” as we have amazing moments that once put into the bigger picture don’t often fit all that well to what else has happened.

Even more so when important story information isn’t told in any way in the game itself.

I’d say the drop from such a large peak that was legion in terms of important things happening to/for the player character within WoW/warcrafts story telling was a larger factor on why the story of BFA fell felt, at least for me anyways.

Becoming the leader of the class I’m on, to beating the main if not one of the main bad guy groups in Warcraft rather satisfactory to fighting witches and voodoo trolls in some woods was a rather massive drop into a low valley. BFA removed from that spot in the order of expansions and I don’t hate it as much. The individual zones were rather fun looking at them individually. The big picture fell a part and the faction war I don’t feel was the biggest factor.

I more or less agree but full blown just buddy buddy doesn’t work either. The 4th war was only a little bit ago. There is definitely going to be some tension and fighting among the lower ranks (Or in WoW’s case the champion, maw walker, Azeroth’s champion, admirals/commanders and class hall leaders to name a few) DF feels way out of place how nice everyone is. Not even the slightest amount of distrust with in the quest logs and that didn’t feel good at all.

They sure did, but their story actually can change by it happening. Ours? We barely notice it. As much as cata was disliked for changing the world (I was one of them) It helped tons in setting the mood that the world did indeed evolve and there were consequences from the story unfolding before us.

1 Like

The core game was built on this faction conflict, since the early days of Warcraft 1.

I’ve been a Warcraft fan since the mid 90s, and the orc vs human is basically what the IP is.

This is why I get so upset with people wanting to strip that from the game. Blizzard should have just made a new IP using some of the elements from Warcraft if they wanted to turn the game into a more generic fantasy game like FF14.

Final Fantasy has all manor of different games and stories that use the FF characters, lore and story elements.

I’ve mostly played on PVP servers since 04, and these are always the most fun servers and usually some of the most popular.

Right now in SoD, the PVP servers have the most players and the faction conflict there is so much fun.

I just think the writers should have left the faction friction in place in the story, and just let it kind of sit in the background instead of ramming this idea that both sides are at peace, and now we are going to just cycle through world ending threats and villains as the main focus of the story. Talk about boring.

SL and DF for me were some of the lowest points in WoW when it came to story telling. I just felt like the existing writers didn’t have any understanding of the IP.

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

Yes they do, and not all changes are good changes. Remember New Coke?

3 Likes

You’re dating yourself :rofl:

(I mean, I bet the majority of people on the forums weren’t even born when this happened. Hell I was only 6.)

Cause “me edgy, me wanna be bad guy”

2 Likes

I was 6 too lol. I’m just a student of history.

edit: Actually, I was 5

Changes that bring together a dwindling playerbase are good. It’s asinine to hold on to story at the cost of gameplay. Gameplay > story.

1 Like

Maybe the changes are causing the player base to dwindle.

It is going to be quite enjoyable to watch the current writing team further destroy what is left of this game.

5 Likes

World of WARcraft, you know the game whose beginnings was Orcs vs. Humans. But be nice to the Alliance because they have feelings. Let’s hold hands and brush each other’s hair while we discuss our crushes.

1 Like

The playerbase is shrinking and it’s 100% not because of faction neutrality. It’s delusion to think that.

1 Like

Please enlighten us then as to why the player base is shrinking, if you can prove that at all.

I do agree with this.

I think Blizzard lifting the faction barriers is a reaction to the player base dwindling.

6 Likes

Where is your proof of the playerbase shrinking because of faction neutrality?

1 Like

Oh, you’re deflecting here and don’t want to answer my question. Okay, have a good one.

1 Like

Typical response of someone that doesn’t have an argument.

WoD = war on flying. So many players unsubbed that Blizzard reverted that decision within 3 weeks. SL = an expansion considered so bad it became a meme because it forced players away from wow and many went to FFXIV. Enough that FFXIV had to stop selling their game because they were getting so many wow refugees.

2 Likes

You’re going to have to forgive people who joined a game called world of warcraft and expected a lot of war.

1 Like

Meh I’m glad it’s going away. Never cared much for it in the first place.

2 Likes