Why do people listen to Bellular when he doesn't actually play?

I never understood the appeal of watching other people play/talk about video games. Least of all these “content creators” that attract people who aren’t capable of independent thinking.

2 Likes

Yeah, I started when it opened but I only log on for a couple hours here and there, give feedback about the early game experience, and just generally see if the world and gameplay loop does it for me.

I can’t see myself playing a beta that much (at least, these days), but I’m really glad there are people that do… that later stuff tends to critically need feedback.

I wonder how people would react if Blizzard required at least 1 cutting edge achievement to use the forums.
I mean, after all, why should we hear the opinions of people who haven’t played WoW enough?

What is “Bellular?” I see that word sometimes but have no clue what it is.

1 Like

You referenced him in another post in GD the other day. You do know who he is. You were arguing with some priest about him. Can’t hide your post history if you’re so annoying that everyone remembers it anyway.

1 Like

laughing at the idea of players paying to be ce carried just so they can post why they hate the game.

2 Likes

I think you have me confused with someone else.

Referenced “him?” So it’s a person?

EDIT: Someone just answered this in another thread. Turns out, it’s another one of these “streamers.”

I used to like Bellular then he literally became what he hates. He seriously can’t criticize Activision for being money hungry when his whole channel is nothing but a money grab at this point. He smells blood in the water and goes for the throat.

The guy lost my respect when he releases tens of videos praising WoW up until launch and how “X expansion” will be the greatest then as soon as it launches “it’s crap it’s so bad omg Blizz is so money hungry just like me! I switch my tone and opinion based on which will net me the most clicks! I don’t even play.”

4 Likes

kekw I’ve played more FFXIV than him apparently and in my mind I’ve barely played the game at all (~80 hours).

He’s just being a salty boi trying to boost his viewer count by playing the salt horn. I stopped watching his content when he stopped being rational in his critques of WoW and just went into unhinged rants about it.

3 Likes

Yeah. His existence was really upsetting to you for some reason. Something about other people watching his videos and you wanting them to not care in the same way you don’t. Then being upset that this was not reciprocated.

1 Like

I disagreed with almost everything he said with his videos lol… was kind of funny actually. He was always a casual player though, barely ever raided heroic. Though he also seemed to align with Preach with everything he said as well.

I watched because I enjoy watching people with different opinions than me, but his channel just became entirely too negative so I unsubbed.

2 Likes

People are “not allowed” to not know who streamers are.

Some forums, you’ll get banned for simply not knowing who one of them are. I’ve witnessed a couple people who returned to the game and asked who they were, explained they returned from years ago and got banned for trolling.

Yeah, you’re confusing me with someone else.

Here you go. I wish I could forget my online ramblings like you can.

4 Likes

That’s just a post where I was questioning why people liked streamers. Nothing in there asking who this guy is.

Again, I think you’re confused.

NW isn’t out until August 31st. There are betas going on right now.

MMOs take time to play. A lot of it. He doesn’t even play the ones he likes. It’s increasingly becoming clear he’s just milking as many clicks as possible for videos.

1 Like

Form your own opinions. Use critical thinking. Its something our society severely lacks these days. Who cares what content creators think. If you agree with them cool, if you don’t, good it means you’re using your brain.

1 Like

Maybe this one will jog your memory. Theres about a dozen others.

It’s a weird take to act like content creators don’t exist, or that you are enlightened for not knowing who they are. Especially when there’s weeks worth of evidence proving that you know about them, because they upset you enough to make forum post after forum post.

3 Likes

He stopped licking Blizzard’s boots. Guess he thinks he’s on the cool team now.

He isn’t.

Don’t forget, Asmongold used to do the same thing until he figured he could cash in on the worst people, players and community of WoW.

Also, funny Blizzard hates Asmongold when main staff is filled with people just like him.

1 Like