Why do people listen to Bellular when he doesn't actually play?

Was watching his most recent clip talking about New Worlds and says he only has 6 hours in it, for a game thats been out for two weeks at least.

From what ive gathered, despite praising FF14 literally every single video he can, he has like maybe 2 dozen hours in it.

And with WoW it seems like he logs in to raid once a week, if that.

Even his co-host doesnt actually seem to spend much time IN GAME. Remind me why do people take their opinions seriously?

12 Likes

I don’t watch him, but just to play devils advocate, how do you gather how much time he has spent in FF just by how much time he has in New World? Is time /played in New World a metric for how much you play other games?

There are lots of people who are good at WoW and enjoy the game but only raid log. Logging in every day to mindlessly do Oribos laps does make make an opinion valuable. I did World quests in Legion and BFA. I did zone assaults in Legion and BFA. I did dailies in a hub during BFA. The game is a reskinned version of how it was every other patch for the past 5 years, you don’t need to log in every day to voice an opinion on the game right now.

14 Likes

yikes. i’ve literally watched NW twitch streams longer than that. you think if he actually enjoyed it, he would’ve played it longer.

1 Like

Hes talked about it in other videos. Despite riding the FF14 train for MONTHS, hes still in early game content and relies on his co-host who actually plays FF14 to provide real information.

1 Like

He has a lot of good takes. And some not-so-good ones. Definitely worth watching.

1 Like

So what’s the problem? If he has a co-host who knows the game, and he’s offering an opinion on his time in the game, why do you object?

18 Likes

Eh, I’ve got about 12 hours in it and I’m enjoying it, but I also haven’t put in a bunch of time into it because they’re wiping it like… tomorrow, and I like to leave stuff to discover and do as new on launch for these things. :smiley:

1 Like

He’s a developer himself. He probably doesnt need to spend 100 hours a week in game to formulate what issues he thinks the game has.

Besides how much time do you think a person needs to play to comment on the game?

6 Likes

If its the same as most of the trolls on this forum, any time more than them theyre a sweaty try hard and out of touch, or, anything less theyre not qualified.

2 Likes

Guess it depends on when you started the beta. I’ve been watching for awhile, so I’ve seen players go from char creation to max.

It really looks like a fun game, and I think I might actually pick it up on release.

Watch this.

I agree with some of Bellular’s views and disagree with other views of his.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

Still waiting for him to reveal his game, if he even has anything that is.

2 Likes

So I just looked up this clip.
It sounds like he tried it, got bored, and went to bed.

How is that different than like, half the critics who tried it?

It’s darksouls ordered from Etsy. Not bad, but not particularly good either.

I dont object. Im saying he doesn’t actually spend any real time in the games he makes videos about. Lets take ff14. He constantly praises it, but has yet to actually reach end game after MONTHS of hyping it up.

1 Like

He has good guides and lore stuff, but he’s totally feeding off of this doom and gloom. Remember that negative videos get way more attention than positive ones. I’ve gotten tired of him as of late.

6 Likes

But not really though.
His cohost who has played it way more is the one hyping it.

1 Like

It’s the subscribers count buddy.

1 Like

Maybe he enjoyed the bit he has played? What do you want him to say? Is he not entitled to speak on whether or not he likes the game? Grow up and stop hyper-focusing on some strangers opinions. Who cares if he likes FF and only has a few hours? You don’t even know how much time he has played, you are speculating on that too.

I’ve never watched the guy and have absolutely zero inclination to start, but it’s not about him, it’s about the principle of you trying to police who can and cannot speak on a video game. It’s weird. You’re a weirdo. Stop caring so much.

3 Likes

I don’t care about him or asmon or any other streamer or youtuber. I watch them to have noise in the background while I game.

I like ffxiv cause I like playing it. WoW doesn’t bring me joy and when I hear the same things I already think I go “hey they right”

When I loved WoW and asmon trash talked it I didn’t agree with him.

Tbh I don’t think WoW streamers or youtubers sway peoples opinion one way or the other.

A lot of people don’t like the game atm so they are going to agree with whoever trash talks it. All the streamers know this even taliesin and evertel, despite being overly positive all the time, have been more careful with there praise to match the community.

You don’t often need hundreds of hours invested in games to understand basic mechanical structures and systems within them.

A lot of this stuff is not rocket science.
Common sense and design basics can cover quite a lot.
Often its incredibly simplistic. It needs to be. So it gets people interested and retains them over periods of time.

Bellular has fairly good grasp on this.
If you don’t agree, that is fine too.
You can do the same thing.

1 Like