The idolization of content creators

Yeah man, and my house burned down during the night time but not during the day, so obviously the moon is hotter than the sun.

Streamers are single-handedly bolstering a game that has been stagnant for over 5 years. You don’t have to watch them, like them, or acknowledge they exist, but to imply they don’t have power behind them to drive hundreds of thousands of players to a game is just wrong.

Not a good comparison. Wow was around and booming for a long time without streamers. It didn’t happen overnight…

Again, why give accolades where they’re not deserved? That’s so strange.

It’s not an accolade, it’s a demonstrable fact that they are doing exactly as I claimed. FF was selling out overnight. Google trends, which you can verify yourself, jumped exponentially the day Asmondgold started to stream the game. It’s true that streamers have a significant sway over the game. WoW isn’t dying because of streamers. FFXIV wasn’t maintained for years because of streamers, yet is being reinvigorated in a very significant way because of them.

Your comparison was that WoW did well without them and terribly with them, but that only takes into account the streamer and not the absolutely abhorrent state of the game. I only pointed out that your point was strange and wrong.

Wow had more subscribers in Wrath when streamers were not a thing.

I don’t know why you people insist on trying to give these guys credit they didn’t earn.

Does not compute.

It doesn’t compute because you cannot comprehend what I’m saying, and based on your name and hidden profile, I’d say thats intentional.

Remain intentionally dense and biased if you choose, but I’ve given you the tool to verify what I said. I don’t watch them, I think they’re annoying, but what I’ve said is true.

WoW didn’t die because of streamers, i already said this twice now. You’re just biased and upset and probably trolling.

Oh no, I get what you’re saying just fine. You’re reaching. You want to believe that panhandlers are the reason something is popular. I can go on all day listing games that were popular and at their peaks without streamers.

Because you still have no idea what I’m saying. I’m not going to argue with someone who misunderstands people online for entertainment only to exhaust their good-will. FFXIV did not do well because of streamers, but streamers overnight have driven hundreds of thousands to people to play that game, per the games producers and directors themselves. You aren’t just being upset with “panhandlers” anymore, you’re saying the man who made the game is incorrect about his own game, because your bias is stronger than a multi-million dollar companies data metrics.

Amsmoglod or whatever brought over a large amount of empty shells. Why is that good?

I’m not sure what you mean by “empty shell” but they are paying customers, which is the metric you’ve been using to describe success thus far (inb4 you say you’ve never said this: What is a subscriber if not a paying customer?) Why is it no longer acceptable to you in this instance? Because you have to go against your bias? Accept the fact that they do have some sway?

Even Amazon admits this. That’s why the closed beta for their game is inundated with streamers. Maybe try humility and critical observation, in lieu of your bias and trolling people for entertainment.

I’m done arguing though, good luck on your next mark.

1 Like

Isn’t this the basis for pretty much everything?

Companies / political parties / social movements / etc… everyone relies on “famous” people to tell them what to think.

You don’t get an audience unless people like you for some reason.

Can you be more specific?

factcheck false

WoW subscribers in Wrath: 12 million

WoW subscribers when streamers came around: 5.5 million

Checkmate

1 Like

Apparently youtube and xfire didn’t exist during wrath.

Ooooh man! Served!

The same thing absolutely applies to content creators in regard to the folks who make the game itself.

Not exactly… while they weren’t streaming on Twitch (cuz it didn’t exist yet), there were tons of social media vids on wow during wrath. Some did actually stream it too. So they were indeed a thing.

/game /set /match

You know good and well that’s not the same thing. :joy:

1 Like

It was… as mentioned above… ever hear of xfire? That was legit streaming.