Why do DH players hate Momentum?

I just switched over from Sham a couple months ago so it’s all I really know, but it’s why I’ve switched it to my main I love momentum. It makes the class standout and unique or at least the build does it just requires a lot of awareness because one bad Fel Rush can result in an embarrassing death. Or you’re like me and yeet yourself off the platform 2 times on the 3rd boss on Shadowmoon. I’m pretty shocked the community in itself isn’t fond of it but I am DH baby.

1 Like

Oh may I know how you can know you yourself and that guy are “good” DHs and how you read minds of other “good” DHs to voice their opinions here ? Did “good” DHs secretly make a mutual agreement that “bad” DHs have no idea about ?
Should I suppose “good” DHs are superhumans with telepathy capabilities ?

3 Likes

we all talk in a nice place called “fel hammer” :slight_smile:

Ah I dislike class discords, I guess I will never be a good player of any class.

unfort, unironically.

It’s pretty simple really. The good DHs are just playing the game instead of complaining about momentum on the forums.

Interesting, they complain, you reply, both use the same amount of time to “not play game” but the later is the good one :slight_smile:
In short, it’s back to whoever voices their dislike about the feature that you like are the bad ones.

I’m not going to argue with you because you’re bored/lonely. Sorry :joy:

Ok, “good” DH.

I’ve heard our discord called a lot of things but this is the first time I’ve heard it called “nice”.

Most likely because it’s high risk, low reward. The extra 10% damage isn’t worth 2x the effort to play it, while it does result in your only DPS spec being gimped if you don’t.

You can be a good DH and still consider Initiative to be incredibly unfun and complain about that. Shocker, I know.

veng channel is especially welcoming

havoc is def milder than it was before, other discords are more toxic now. which is strange to say the least

initiative does have some…“quirks” especially the procing conditions. but ya most good havoc dh’s dont care about momentum.

1 Like

Agreed! I hated it at first. I think it was just learning it. But now it’s just how you play. You either get it or you don’t. Once you learn it, you don’t mind it as much anymore.

2 Likes

This!

/thread

Too much effort for too little gain, there are alternative builds that are much easier to play while still being competitive enough. Especially with the amount of swirlies and area of denial. I’m sure some people enjoy that gameplay, but right now it has started to dominate the meta because it’s more powerful, while this type of playing wasn’t a thing for havoc before. I hate movement based gameplay and I don’t think it belongs in an MMORPG such as WoW, and while I understand some people might like it, I also think it shouldn’t ever be the best build for a single dps spec class that didn’t have this before.

3k isnt “little gain” as much as we talk about movers and no movers being “viable” for all content. momentum at the end of the day takes the cake with a sizeable upgrade in dps. you just gotta have environmental awareness. like yo usaid, its the only class that uses movement for dps, all otther dps specs are stationary. its allowed to have that uniqueness to it. especially since zlear said that movement dps is core to havocs class fantasy. you have considerable amounts of options with class diversity, havoc can be special in its movement niche

If that had always been the case yes. It looks like now I’m going to be forced to drop my main that I’ve played for over 4 years because suddenly movement becomes mandatory. I have ADD and this kind of situational awareness is beyond what my brain can deal with, so I will fight to keep this sudden change of direction (no pun intended) away from havoc.

understandable and based af. i understand the struggle.

What bothers me is, you know the spec isnt that great right now, or rather the talents need to be reworked, but havent taken the effort to make our voice heard in the CC forum, whats the point of the gold text if you cant be our voice?

2 Likes

80 days since I posted this, and still no reply:

Here they replied (after more than a month) that Sinful Brand was a “preferred playstyle”:

Don’t blame me for not trying anymore :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like