Who list not working for some players

Some players do not come up when using the /who command or shift-left clicking them in chat. I /who’d my guild and 3/7 of the players online were found. I had a couple guild members check and it’s only returning like half of the guild for them as well.

Did a bit more testing: This appears to be a server-ended change since it’s also allowing some level 1 players to be returned now too, when the previous minimum was level 20. I assume this is intentional with the level squish in Shadowlands and some kind of preparation for the prepatch, but there’s definitely something bugged with it.

21 Likes

I’m experiencing the same thing as well. It appears to work for some players, but not all. It has only started since Tuesday’s long maintenance session.

1 Like

Same as well.

1 Like

This appears to be happening to everyone - there’s another thread now on this board with the same issue. It has to be some kind of problem on the server end, as it receives a query from our client, then returns incomplete, or in some cases no data at all.

Same for me. My experience is that it is always missing/finds the same people. Confirmed it does not find people I can see on bnet friends. Tried searching by guild and character name. Disabling addons and relogging etc seems to make no difference.

1 Like

There are now multiple threads on this issue, could we please have some sort of blue response at least acknowledging that you are aware that there is a major problem going on?

You see people typing in trade, can’t find them.

Type in /who guildname to see who is online in a particular guild, you only see 1 out of 4 who are online.

Type /who and put in a certain string because a player has a special character in their name, doesn’t find them (and NO, this isn’t a “low level/trial character” issue, these are normal players, some 120 with high item levels that I talk to, that I now can’t even search for using /who.

Something is seriously wrong here.

3 Likes

Same here // igual acá

1 Like

Echoing I’m also seeing this issue.

FWIW - I got a response on the technical support forums saying they are aware of the issue and there is no ETA for a fix.

2 Likes

Still waiting for a response…

Same thing happening on Feathermoon/Scarlet Crusade

This is still broken, and is broken on 9.0 PTR, too.

1 Like

I have this issue as well, its very annoying! please fix soon

1 Like

I noticed that allied races tended to not show up more often than others as of late BFA, but as of Shadowlands prepatch, it’s included pretty much all races/classes. Many of which are max level, which, my other assumption was that it filtered out fresh leveled/sub 20/10 post Level squish.

Still broken.

1 Like

Hello blizzard? Still not working as of 11/29/2020. Guess they can’t /who this thread!!! yuck yuck yuck! (seriously, fix your ****)

seeing this as well. typed /who on the person right in front of me, as well as people on my guild/community list, and get 0 results found.

I’ve noticed this also. I was searching my guild to get an alt added and 0 players showed up. Then once I got in, there were 20 people online

1 Like

Looks like this post is about 3 months old and has almost 2k views. The problem still persists. Any help, blue? A blue post on the EU forums said you were aware and working on it in September.

2 Likes

This is still an issue. Not sure what’s going on. Been like this since prepatch, I think. Maybe even before.

It has been broken since September.