Who is real rank 1?

WOW WOW WOW Wait right there…Valdorian…are you…the…warrior?? That could be number 1…if…If…IF you put in the motivation and effort?

HA HA HA

But really I can understand a class holding you back. < Serious on this part.

Edit: The suspense is killing me!

I dislike this analogy because intelligent creative thought and structured academic schooling are often at odds with one another but that’s a deeper cultural deception of how we define “smarts” and the conflation of knowledge retention with knowledge discovery

Structured schooling is actually the worst for fields that aren’t purely retentive

This is why art schools exist and are not good

Another tangent brought to you by Scabber

Im not really sure if you naturally make vast assumptions or if this is just a bait and troll?
As i have never attempted i can not say a definitive yes. That said i do believe i could. That would require me to throughly study all the other classes / specs. Find 2 other players willing to do the same and put in the time and the games.
Having a R1 title for me is not of value so i would never invest that kind of effort. I enjoy WPVP and BG’s far more.
The only desire i have ever had for actual arena was Mogs/Gear. hence why i have never pushed beyond 2.2k achieve.
War with the right team is able to Push R1. Not as easy as RMX but still viable with effort.

Of course but that’s irrelevant because WoW arena is extremeley similar

Good retention of knowledge/studying/working hard=good grades

Naturally being able to problem solve well also = good grades

If you’re not naturally gifted you need to be a hard worker. It’s the same for R1 in WoW because the game isn’t as mechanically intensive as something like CSGo or a fighting game

Anyone not working hard though can’t make the claim that they’d just succeed if they tried. Because it’s really easy to just actually not know how to learn/improve and just say you’re not trying as an excuse.

If you don’t have any drive or motivation to succeed you just cannot compare yourself to those that do, because for the ones that work hard in anything they will make so many sacrifices and spend times where they’re miserable but push through it, whereas someone that doesn’t try has never experienced that frustration.

2 Likes

It’s also quite easy to be good at a game like WoW yet simply prefer yoinking people in the open world over queueing, or to be quite terrible yet queue 2k games a season to get that bag, which is why it’s really best to simply not assume anything you haven’t personally witnessed.

Presumptions of skill, positive or negative, are one of the bigger social incompetencies of gamers

1 Like

You’re a virgin. That could be really sexy or really nasty.

1 Like

Even though it is logistically true that anyone can put in a large amount of effort to succeed you just can’t make that claim whatsoever. Because not everyone will be a hard working or dedicated person. So if you don’t have those characters personally you’re just essentially insulting those that do work hard while claiming it would be so easy for you if you tried.

There is a way for anyone to succeed yes, but it can also rely on your character and this applies to many things in life.

1 Like

you got it backwards though in this case

you can’t claim to be good if you haven’t achieved anything respectable and if your current record is rather poor
it’s possible that you are in fact good of course, but you gotta prove it before you can actually claim it

per your logic I can claim to the best warlock in the world, I just don’t take it serious enough to prove it

But does this not still put the abilities of a player in words and not play. I can agree you should not presume someones skill to be good or poor, but you can also not presume that skill based off statements as well.

Of course it is. There are people out there like that. But not everyone is. And there’s no way to prove it, so it’s a pointless claim unless they actually try and do show it. Those players/people are still rare, so when everyones go to excuse is “omg if only I tried” it’s a pointless statement or a cop out. The ones that truly don’t care but could succeed wouldn’t make that claim about themselves. Others could see it and think that about them which is one thing, but if you’re going to just say that you don’t care but would do well if you tried you’re just looking like an idiot (if you didn’t care you’d never bring it up). I personally have found the ones that constantly claim they’d do well if they just tried are the most inept anyways and use it for an excuse because they get to do nothing while still trying to benefit off their own delusion that they’re successful lol

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve really encountered that many people that actually say “I’d be so much better if I tried” though, the whole topics a bit strawmanny

I encounter the inverse scenario of simply observing someone to be a good player out in the world or in casual pvp content while obviously making no attempt to better themselves in a ladder context way more frequently.

Too often people forget that the majority of people queue simply to get gear (or did, back when pvp actually awarded gear :upside_down_face:)

I have valid reasons for those statements. I am aware on here without further information this could easily look like the “dunning Kruger” effect in action. If it matters to you (and i doubt it does) i would be glad to give my reasoning. Though im not about to list things from my actual life on the forums.
So i get your point and i would agree that in majority case it is likely true. There are always exceptions.
For clarity because i lack desire for a specific aspect of wow in no way is an implication that i am someone who lacks “dedication and hard work”

don’t forget that the game isn’t in a state where putting effort into it is actually rewarding

1 Like

Why I RP walk everywhere and critique people’s transmogs in a nutshell

Well effort of going for PvE items/bis gear/fotm class and comp is still effort that is rewarding

There’s literally one right in the thread that I’m referencing lol

My point is anyone that makes that type of claim about themselves is just being defensive, because they do care yet are also arguing that they don’t care and that’s why they don’t succeed.

Once you’re at the point if you truly don’t care you just wouldn’t bother stating anything, which is what I’m referencing directly in this thread lol

A 2200 warrior claiming to play his class to 90% of its potential doesn’t strike me quite like someone claiming they’re just one good partner away from playing blizzcon

People be out here getting hyped up on hyperbolic interpretations of others comments

I think it’s important to remember people can have different motivations for doing things; be they queuing or just chatting. Don’t forget that a lot of idle chatter occurs on the forums just to simply waste time in the workday. One can easily not care about their rating and simultaneously be bored enough at their cubicle to write a dissertation on how they don’t care.

Some authors have made careers from doing basically that

1 Like

Not at all what I’m stating either, you’re just misunderstanding

If you don’t care though why bring it up at all.

this game isn’t worth putting the effort in to find top tier partners anymore because majority of anyones friends have quit unless you’re lucky and pvp isn’t in a state where it’s worth caring about if you got glad or not

thats my input

1 Like

Hard work and effort are needed in the recipe that is success. I am reminded of Pete Rose, as what he lacked in natural skill he made up for with hard work and determination which earned him the nickname Charlie hustle. What are thoughts on those that chose to become teachers and coaches over player’s?

I don’t disagree either

It’s just that my entire point is that once it stops mattering to someone there’s no point in bringing it up

Even the best players don’t always try that hard too unless there’s a reward BUT they do obviously care about the reward

Hence why a ton of top players won’t care about doing well on ladder until end of season or just for tourneys

But still when they just don’t care at those points they just don’t play or bring it up pmuch

Like when I don’t care I just focus on school or play classic or really do anything else besides thinking about WoW

I can be guilty of sometimes making statements like this too when I’m not trying but it’s also because I do generally care from competitive nature. For example I generally don’t find value in my personal growth as a player to fight random destro team #3241, I just find it a waste of my time. It does annoy me though to lose in those scenarios because I dislike people being happy for no reason so then even though I’ll make the claim I don’t want to try I get frustrated enough to actually try, then win every game by trying my heart out vs someone who doesn’t have to then I just quit for a few days. Still at the end of the day I know I’ll pretty easily prove my claims, it’s just pointless to state something you don’t really care about because deep down if you care to mention it, it definitely bothers you. In which case you not doing anything just uses that as an excuse. That’s why I always find it silly to make those types of claims.

Like I hate the season just as much as anyone else does but I do still care to do well which is pmuch my only motivation when the game is bad, that’s just a type of drive that not every person has (basically to hate losing/not succeeding so much that you’ll try hard even when it’s miserable). Dnno if that clarifies my reasoning enough since a lot are missing it