Which Path Did You Take?

She did sound genuine when she said that to. And if that indeed was the case, it would definitely put a different perspective on Stormheim.

Alas, Alex and his sexist ways got in the way :sob:

1 Like

I feel like that just opens wounds about the Loyalist epilogue “I pittied the Forsaken” yeah okay. That’s some cogintive dissonance. I can’t wait for her to have to face the Forsaken again and I don’t want them to immediately trust her tbh. She still has a long road to go.

1 Like

They should distrust her for sure. Have a attitude like After all you did, all you PLANNED to do, why should we, the forsaken ever accept you?

Than they could start her down the path of truly mending fences with those she hurt, within the Horde and Greymane especially. But that’s me.

2 Likes

I totally agree.

When she comes back I hope she is treated as an outlier and she has to earn her way back. I think Belmont may forgive easily because he doesn’t care that she did bad things, but I felt like with Zelling there was a huge rift between Sylvanas and Lillian and I hope that is addressed one day. i don’t think they have ever had a one on one conversation and that’s a huge shame. I would have rather it be Lillian and Sylvanas learning to trust eachother than Lillian and Calia.

Lillian had no qualms about using the Valk’yr to raise Zelling. She’s not anti-necromancy. She’'s more about ethical necromancy. I don’t think Lillian was one of the people against Sylvanas using the Valkyr to create more Forsaken, she just would be the first to advocate for giving people a choice.

1 Like

Listening to her Maw discussion with Anduin, from 9.2.5, she is genuinely sorry for the things she done. She knows she wasn’t in full control of her other half, but she still accepts the sins of her evil half willingly.

That’s a strength I don’t think anyone really mentions. She didn’t make excuses, she accepted what happened, even when she didn’t have to, and is now working to undo it.

Truthfully? In that regard alone, she’s better than any of us here, I know I wouldn’t have the strength to do that. :wolf:

1 Like

Second post after the one you replied to.

1 Like

Yeah I get what you are saying but her lying to Saurfang about her motivations is not explicit proof she was working for the jailer.

Sylvanas has always kept her plans on the DL.

It’s an implication.

There’s no particular force on the level of Elune that has interest in saving Stormwind, or it would have gotten involved when Saurfang razed it with the Old Horde, nor is there a force that particularly stands against mass necromancy, or it would have gotten involved when Arthas returned to Lordaeron.

The forces on the level of Elune are the Eternal Ones, however, who did obviously oppose Sylvanas and the Jailer.

Not really. It’s in character that she’s not going to reveal her whole plan. She’s a strategist.

She hid that she was potentially planning to blight the tree, instead she burnt the tree. That’s all that it implied. She had no intention of holding the tree, she hid her intention to destroy it.

Which she did.

Nowhere was there implications she was working for anyone. Her destroying the tree wasn’t a snap decision because Delaeyn made her mad, it was premeditated. She states her reasoning for it at the start of the novella: she wanted to create a wound that never heals, one that would weaken the Alliance. She wanted to lure the Alliance leaders to attack her at Undercity and lead them into a trap and kill them all in one go.

I will elaborate more on break.

Sylvanas Lie to Saurfang: “I want to capture Teldrassil, force a long con war where the Alliance is weakened and starts infighting”

Sylvanas real plan: burn the tree, get them all mad and attack my vulnerable city. Load city up with blight, evacuate citizens. Monologue to Alliance leaders while trap is sprung. Banshee fly out of there while Alliance Leaders :skull_and_crossbones: Loktar!

1 Like

Why not admit this to Saurfang?

Because she was putting on a farce for him that she would wage ethical warfare she even says “the Horde doesn’t not trust me to wage war this way” if she was forthcoming the Horde wouldn’t have gone for it. That was evident in the Battle for Undercity where the Horde leaders bristled at her plan to blight the city.

The Horde doesn’t want to be victimized yet doesn’t want victory. It’s an annoying aspect if the Horde. They must retain this “honor” but what’s the point if the Alliance has no honor? (That was the whole overarcing theme of A Good War) Sylvanas saw an opportunity to give the Horde ultimate victory and she took it. But the story afterwards villified her for it. At the time though, it seemed like it was in the Horde’s best interest.

Sylvanas has always been someone who justifies unethical warfare to ensure victory. This is not OOC. She’s not bound by the Horde’s honor code, Saurfang is. That’s why she lied to him, she was going to do her plan, not his. She did the same thing to Garrosh in Gilneas.

There was a lot of Horde cheering when Teldrassil burned.

Where? The players?

The narrative treats Teldrassil as a horror not a victory.

1 Like

This was Sylvanas’ real plan, yes, but it is unlikely she actually intended to kill the Alliance leaders. Nathanos openly said he expected Alleria to show up, and she did so using void portals, so could have gotten the Alliance out if Jaina hadn’t shown up.

Sylvanas’ plan was just to make the war as long as possible for increased body count for the Jailer.

1 Like

If jaina had not shown up they all would be dead. Jaina was the only real unexpected game changer.

1 Like

I don’t think you read most of my post.

1 Like

NO ONE knew about the jailer until after BFA was over. There were zero hints the Jailer even existed before the last patch of BFA. Before that it looked like she was working with Azshara, then N’Zoth.

There is no proof that the jailer existed before the loyalist epilogue.

I thought they were cheering in the Warbringers cinematic.

Uh no, even Nathanos lookes surprised.