Which Path Did You Take?

Honor Horde: Sided with Vol’jin in Mists, Saurfang in BfA

Dark Horde: Sided with Garrosh in Mists, Sylvanas in BfA

Orcish Horde: Sided with Garrosh in Mists, Saurfang in BfA

Non-Orcish/Alternative Horde: Sided with Vol’jin in Mists, Sylvanas in BfA

N/A: Played Alliance

2 Likes

I didn’t finish out BfA’s war campaign on principle, as I was playing for nothing else at the time and the whole idea of a second “evil warchief, Horde rebellion” plotline was so hilariously trite and stupid I decided not bothering at all would be the better rebellion.

11 Likes

That would sum me up.

I like the Trolls and Elves and Undead more than the Orcs and Goblins or Tauren.

Alternative Horde indeed.

15 Likes

I sided with Saurfang for the Worn Cloak toy. It was another step to get the Mechanized Lumber Extractor.

I never once thought that Garrosh was a good guy. So I guess I’m “Honor Horde.”

8 Likes

I choose this one.

10 Likes

Interesting answers so far. Personally I went with the Honor Horde route because of loyalty to the Darkspear and a mistrust of Sylvanas. It may be interesting to side with Sylvie and Hellscream, but it just wasn’t in the cards for me. I can’t even bring myself to select rude dialogue options, so I just naturally gravitate to the side with friendlier characters.

^^This one

9 Likes

I think the loyalist route just gave you it and ended the quest early, don’t think I ever did the Saurfang route on any alts.
EDIT: Or might be thinking of the wrong toy.
EDIT2: Also, yeah Non-Orcish/Alternative

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

You’re correct in your estimation.

3 Likes

Sided with Vol’jin in Mists of Pandaria. Didn’t play my Horde characters during BfA.

3 Likes

Alternative Horde, but I sided with Sylvanas out of sheer spite for the writing, and the memory of what could’ve been.

6 Likes

For Warchief Vol’jin.

Rest in Peace, Saurfang.

12 Likes

…I don’t recall having a choice about siding with Vol’jin in MoP. Not that I wouldn’t have anyway, but…

4 Likes

I didn’t play mists, Cata wasn’t that great and it’s ending lost my interest in the franchise until WoD.

This character started as a Blood Elf. She sided with Garrosh until the Voljin assassination attempt and switched sides. She left the Horde in Legion because she wouldn’t serve Sylvanas as Warchief. She joined the Alliance in BFA. She’d have supported Saurfang if possible.

2 Likes

Non-orcish, obvz. Dark Horders are unhinged and I love that for them.

1 Like

True of most, if not all, the story since wotlk :rofl:

1 Like

I would like for someone to psychologically unpack why some only choose the hypothetical “good” option.

I thought I was following the good option too (but the writers lead me into cognative dissonance because they changed directions mid arc, thanks writers!)

I suppose if you followed Sylvanas the next logical question is, were you following Brooks’ hero Sylvanas? or Afrasabi’s villian Sylvanas? Because as a fan of Brooks’ hero Sylvanas, I feel completely duped and I’m not the only one. That Loyalist ending packed one heck of an uppercut.

8 Likes

At the very least I appreciated that BFA gave us a choice, because I would have never chosen Saurfang even if I was forced to.

They originally never planned to let you have a choice. I remember seeing people happy that Sylvanas fans would be forced to betray her, until the choice was added on PTR.

2 Likes