Which Path Did You Take?

Because this is serious and respectful debate.

Now you are just fishin.

The quest is still live and depending on how you want to view is as canonical or non canonical as you want to occur before/after Stormhiem.

To my knowledge blizz has never even addressed which is canon. It only really makes sense if Azsuna comes first though, and it IS there on retail… just seems like they also didn’t think very hard about it?

2 Likes

They likely only changed the leveling path for gameplay reasons and internally are using the original intended leveling path for their lore decisions.

Only thing that makes sense :wolf:

4 Likes

The canon zone order never made it to live. Guessing at what Blizzard does internally is just that - a guess.

Meanwhile, we know for sure that the zones having a canon order was scrapped before it went live. So that was not what they wanted expressed.

Yes and has no bearing on the events of Stormheim.

Either the Alliance got the letter before Stormheim, and Genn disobeyed Anduin, anyway. Or the Alliance got the letter after Stormheim, and Genn disobeyed Anduin, anyway.

The letter itself is immaterial, since either way, Genn disobeyed Anduin by attacking. Which is why Anduin gave him a stern rebuke for the attack. And Blizzard removed the canon zone order before the game went live.

2 Likes

Malicious compliance at its best.
The less we obey Andiun the better the Alliance and this story would be.

Andiun: “Don’t attack unless it is necessary”
Genn: “Ok its necessary”
Andiun: Shocked pikachu face.jpg

4 Likes

is though?

it was a vauge message, they didn’t know what she was going to do. they were in a ceasefire, they had bigger fish to fry (ie, the Legion) I think the necessity here is debatable.

I think you have had enough of me for one day Ren.
I was harassing you remember? /s

2 Likes

am I not allowed to reply to this thread? I’m focused on the topic.

After accusing me of such horrendous things one would think I am the last person you would want to interact with. And you also don’t care about my opinion or what i have to say so… why reply to me?

2 Likes

And yet Anduin just gave Genn a slap on the wrist because he turned out right in the end and Sylvanas was plotting something.

1 Like

Well, how would it really affect anything? It doesn’t seem like a quest that would meaningfully change what happens in Stormheim.

That’s the part seemingly certain people want to gloss over. Sylvanas in the end, is the guilty party and thank god Genn was there to stop her when he did :wolf:

3 Likes

I think thats what Cursewords is saying too.
Some people are clinging to the fact that Genn didn’t know why Sylvanas was there for and so had even less reason to attack him.

But given the fact that there is like 2 or 3 other reasons why Genn did what he did, it makes the whole letter thing irrelevant.

3 Likes

I also just wanna point out. I think part of the issue with the whole affair, is kinda just Anduin himself. Lets be objective: what the writers had said from their mouth, as the creators of the setting, is that Varian’s position was elected and could not be inherited, and was also purely commander of combined forces. And he has absolutely 0 qualifications for that military position compared to Tyrande, Genn, later Turalyon, Muradin, etc. Even having an high king immediately after made absolutely no sense with what the writers had told us. (If we’re being HONEST, it is most likely because Golden named her real life cats Anduin and Sylvannas, hence why they literally can never do anything wrong in their mind and get things that make absolutely no sense in the established canon.)

Like it would have been so easy for them to write it not even having anything to do with undermining Anduin, because Anduin SHOULDN’T have this position with 0 battlefield experience. It would have been Genn being Genn, not seeing the Horde’s reasons, seeing the death of a man who gave him a chance to prove he had changed, and hunt the woman who had committed genocide on his people and raised them as weapons against their kin.

Don’t be silly. Allowed to respond to any thread you want. I’d personally just mute the people aggravating you. It’s what I do. :wolf:

2 Likes

I think that’s what I’m gonna have to do, because I’m here to stay.

1 Like

guilty in the end, yes.

guilty at the time? she sold us a good story about how she wanted to save her people. i believed it. shakes fist at sky damn you Alex Afrasabi

3 Likes

From what? The current writers are the ones who chose to got rid of the lore saying Undead even go to hell when they die. She JUST manipulated them to be her living bulwarks now, didn’t really defend anything.

1 Like