Where will the servers be a few months from now?

I’ve done server transfers from low to high pop. Granted, it was in WotLK.

Originally in vanilla it only went high to low on a 6 month cooldown

1 Like

My server Kirtonos is still full during peak hours, don’t know what you’re talking about OP. Most are either high or full.

2 Likes

More people doesn’t change the proportion of tanks to dps. That would be more important here.

they connected servers in MoP, that is essentially merging them from the players perspective

my realm in bfa is connected to two others

You’re chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.
read this post.

Medium pop is still way more players than the OG vanilla servers were and they were fine.

Hahaha!

/10 char

They’ll get merged. That’s inevitable.

But really, the game has no shot at long term sustainability. It’s going to get boring. Raiding in 2006 got boring once you got everything, and it’s going to get boring even faster the second time around.

To continue to go down this money for nothing route, they have to do BC Classic and WOTLK Classic.

What they really SHOULD do (but won’t, because it’d actually cost money) is make a new MMO. People are sick of WOW. The fundamental gameplay loop is played out. People want a next generation MMO.

Doom and gloom! Woe is you… get over it.

That was from back when they were layered, a single layer had the pop off a vanilla server, so therefore does an unlayered server

We don’t actually know how big the layers are.
They’ve never given concrete numbers on server pops or layer pops.
About half of the servers still have layers too.

They flat out stated the size of a layer is the size of a vanilla server, they just refused to state what the layer and pop cap at launch was

Like how many layers a server could have

There was a blue post a little while ago that said that most servers with layers have at most 2 layers, with the really popular servers having more.

Most of those who are still around will stick around, IMO. Those who left are chaff.

And? An medium unlayered server is still about the same as a medium vanilla server now (though there is some speculation as to whether vanilla servers were 2500 or 3000, we know layers are around 3000 though)

Find me a post that states the population of a layer, I’m on the forums a lot and I haven’t seen anything of that sort.

Impressive and very cool offer, Rocksalot!

1 Like

During an interview they stated that it was the population of a vanilla server, find it yourself.

We know it’s 3000 though because every time they hotfixed a new layer in during launch week queues would drop by 3000 people

I have no reason to believe you, I haven’t seen ANYTHING about exact numbers.
I provided a link to a post where they discuss population levels, you’re refuting that statement.

At this point in time, what you’re stating is hearsay at best.