Where is the new Recruit a Friend?

Bur can we purchase that on sale now, and then gift to align with RaF? and how does that work if I’m keeping it on the same account?

The classic provide no information, the blizzard classic. Yea lets randomly delay an announced feature and give no time frame.

1 Like

We have provided information we can. When the program was announced it was stated that it would be released in the next few months, as that was the only specifics we were able to provide. We do not generally announce a date unless we are sure of that date. I don’t see how giving you an arbitrary date that may or may not be accurate is at all helpful.

2 Likes

I just want to clarify, buying BFA is not going to unlock the RAF connect. Expansions don’t come with game time, which is what’s needed to move an account from starter status to active.

To answer the second question, you can buy anything right now and gift it directly to your email. When you’re ready to dispense the codes, you can do so freely.

3 Likes

Yea it’s also stated in your patch 8.2.5 content update notes that were released on September 17th that it was returning in the patch. (that haven’t been updated for this change either)

Announce a product release, then don’t release it and say we have no time frame on it. Seems weak

Yes and no. It mentions is in there, but it also mentions the 15th Anniversary, which I think most know isn’t going to be released this early.

I understand the confusion though and one of the reasons why this section was put into that blog:

The following 8.2.5 features are not yet active, and will become available soon:

• Recruit A Friend
  • Guild & Community Finder
  • WoW 15th Anniversary Event
1 Like

If you could please ensure the community is promptly updated when the date is announced, it would be much appreciated. Shame it is not out today, but understand you personally can’t change that.

Probably an issue of people having expectations. I know folks talk in this forum about tempering expectations, but I suppose that’s gonna run in conflict with the Marketing side which wants increased hype and raised expectations for new patch content. Hopefully it’ll be activated before Xmas for holiday gifting.

You can recruit anyone who’s account was inactive for 2 years, or who’s account is less than 30 days old.

If they had released RAF today, you would have been able to recruit all those people who came back for classic, or created new accounts to play classic.

:man_shrugging:

Please cite this. I have yet to see anything official, and even the employees here speculate just a few days. Wowhead thinks it could be anywhere between 7 and 30.

5 Likes

About the less than 30 days old: I wish we knew for sure that the new RAF worked that way, because then I’d already be playing with at least one of my friends. But until we know for sure, don’t want to risk that. Plus, if RAF takes longer than 30 days from now to release, that would be a mess.

We can almost be guaranteed it will not work the same way. It’ll likely be closer to 1 day:

1 Like

I can confirm that the OLD Recruit a Friend system allowed you to recruit an account that was less than 30 days old. I don’t know if they’ll retain that same benefit or not but I sure hope so because I had impatient friends start with this patch assuming that I could recruit them.

1 Like

You’ll want to read that post I linked right above your reply Varaya. It’s almost certain that it won’t be the same this time around.

3 Likes

Yeah. I know. That was my own thread you quoted from.

Can we at least get a blue answer on the time frame existing accounts are eligible for the new RAF? Surely this much of the system has been decided upon this late into development and it seems there are several of us in this thread alone with people waiting to sub, personally had just got a new laptop as well for it. Its just lost money for blizz and frustration for us with the current situation when surely there is at least this much info available and could be shared with the community. If not then it should not have been listed as launching with this patch.

1 Like

That information is not yet available. Perl provided a link a few posts back with their own guesstimate, but either nothing is concrete yet or the information has not been passed on to this department as yet.

3 Likes

It probably will get an updated support article also when the information is ready to go public.

1 Like

What about for people (like me) that have recruited a friend now and going to miss out on both the old and new reward?

I can’t imagine that there are any contingencies in place for players that jumped the gun, as unfortunate as it is.

There is still no official word that I’ve seen as yet, but only then will we know for sure.

2 Likes