Where is the new Recruit a Friend?

Yeah. I know. That was my own thread you quoted from.

Can we at least get a blue answer on the time frame existing accounts are eligible for the new RAF? Surely this much of the system has been decided upon this late into development and it seems there are several of us in this thread alone with people waiting to sub, personally had just got a new laptop as well for it. Its just lost money for blizz and frustration for us with the current situation when surely there is at least this much info available and could be shared with the community. If not then it should not have been listed as launching with this patch.

1 Like

That information is not yet available. Perl provided a link a few posts back with their own guesstimate, but either nothing is concrete yet or the information has not been passed on to this department as yet.

3 Likes

It probably will get an updated support article also when the information is ready to go public.

1 Like

What about for people (like me) that have recruited a friend now and going to miss out on both the old and new reward?

I canā€™t imagine that there are any contingencies in place for players that jumped the gun, as unfortunate as it is.

There is still no official word that Iā€™ve seen as yet, but only then will we know for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah it sucks. Iā€™ve been trying to convince my friend to NOT play WOW which Iā€™m sure blizzard wouldnā€™t want me to do and in fact I donā€™t want to do.

3 Likes

My question isā€¦ if I gift the game/time to my friend through bnet, if they havenā€™t claimed it, can they still qualify for RAF?

As long as itā€™s not claimed, I believe so.

Iā€™ll second that the wording of the promotion seemingly confirms that, yes.

Is this still realā€¦ I mean how the hell is WOW baiting players like this and still in business. you put it in the patch notes itā€™s in the patch month later oh we didnā€™t mean itā€¦

Along with the anniversary stuffā€¦which also isnā€™t live yet. Itā€™s okay to include details on whatā€™s in the patch without having it all go live right away.

As has already been mentioned in the thread, keep an eye on the main page/news as thatā€™s where it will likely be announced once it returns.

4 Likes

We also included in the patch notes that certain features would be activating at a later time.

We regularly announce things in blogs that are coming with a patch that do not start the same day a patch is released. Iā€™m sorry if this caught you off guard though.

3 Likes

yes yes coming soon ā„¢
but itā€™s not soon ā„¢

Ummm, yeah it is.

3 Likes

I think this topic has remained open long enough. The information contained within will still be available and searchable if anyone has any questions about the availability of the Recruit a Friend program, but I see no benefit of leaving the topic open.

Thanks all!

5 Likes