New Recruit a Friend Question

Hello there. I just spoke with a Blizzard Agent on live chat about this issue, but the agent didn’t know the answer to my question, so we figured one of the higher-ups here would already know or would be able to get the information.

I have a friend who wants to start playing WoW with me. We both have free time tonight and this weekend. I know that 8.2.5 releases on the 24th, and I suppose that the new recruit a friend program comes out then, too, but of course it could come later.

Ideally, I would want to go ahead and link accounts, but that is probably impossible (from a technical standpoint) until the patch releases.

However, the old recruit a friend used to allow you to link accounts with a friend if your friend’s account was under 30 days old, or something along those lines.

Will the new RAF work the same way? If so, my friend will go ahead and make an account tonight so we can start playing together this weekend, and then we’ll just link up accounts when RAF comes out (theoretically on the 24th with the patch).

If not, then my friend will wait to buy an account until I can send an RAF invite, so probably next weekend when playing time is available again.

Yes and no. I believe there will be a grace period that allows you to retroactively link, at least that is what I recall from the various meetings about it. However, the window of time is likely to be extremely small. I don’t have anything official yet, but it is likely to be closer to a day and no where near 30 days.

We don’t have an official launch time for the promotion. It would be great if it was with 8.2.5, but I haven’t see anything that says it will be launched then. It may be several weeks away still, just so you are prepared.

3 Likes

OK, good to know. To be on the safe side in case the 30-days period will no longer exist (or the RAF launch happens much later than expected), we’ll wait until the program launches before my friend buys an account and starts playing.

Thank you for the information, Vrakthris. (It’s great to see that you’re still here, answering questions and helping people after all of these years. I remember posting a question here ages ago and you helping me out before.) We appreciate it!

2 Likes

Glad to help, Rod. Nothing else has been shiny enough to lure me away from doing this yet. I enjoy it too much. :smiley:

4 Likes