Where is the Communication Ion wanted to get better at?

Ion is studying player analytics and metrics before he makes any decisions.

I’m sure testing dates are being dictated by dev progress, so that doesn’t really matter to me.

It would certainly be nice to get realm lists and sub-forums, though. When you post in General Discussion the topics get derailed constantly.

Is he analyzing the impact of non communication in order to determine the best formula for continued non-communication?

Perhaps what is needed is for a “content creator” to ask the developers questions.

1 Like

It’s funny how this list keeps changing (except RP-PVP) yet no-one thinks about why the list keeps changing. Almost like they keep answering the questions we have every week or two, which is light years ahead of Retail communication.

1 Like

unfortunately the only thing that we can do is just wait. Short of a live stream feed of blizzard computer jockies at work I don’t believe there is much to communicate atm. MORE THAN LIKELY we will be updated early august.

I’m pretty sure “We want to get better at communicating” is just an annual statement that they make.

Though the communication for Classic hasn’t actually been all that terrible.

2 Likes

Take a look at the blizz tracker of the general forum and then rethink the “light years ahead of Retail communication” line.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/groups/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts?category_id=171
Try not to trip over the facts as you race for the 20k posts milestone.

In july alone, 31 in general to 4 in classic, and only 1 of those 4 was actual meaningful information (oceanic realms) while the others consisted of twice announcing that beta ended, and one that said they do not know when final stress would be.

So yeah, in July general averaged 1 blue post per day, while in classic forum the average of useful info averaged 1 per month.

2 Likes

Well, yeah… because they literally just released 8.2

How many of those posts were essays, and how many were “We’re releasing a hotfix” or “Congrats to Method”.

Well, yeah… I suppose literally re-releasing an entire game warrants 1 meaningful post per month.

I do not think that pointing out actual communication, especially personal messages to Method is helping your case. But hey, gotta keep those posts flowing.

2 Likes

The posts we’re getting in Classic are mostly Essays. Long posts with lots of information that have to be passed back through 2-3 layers of checking and discussion.

Pure counts don’t actually mean anything, when Blues are posting things like “Happy birthday!”.

Classic’s information has been far and away greater over the last 3 months, content wise, than anything from General.

3 Likes

Classic WoW is still a month away, why does there have to be any news right now today?

No one is asking for essays.

Who is asking for that?

Communication like “Happy Birthday!” shows that they are actually paying attention to posters in that forum. And speaks even further toward how this one is flat out ignored in contrast.

2 Likes

Lol. Like how they (used to at least) say “we want to start releasing content faster” or “we want to start putting out an expansion every year.”

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hell, I am. I’ll take an essay once a week over 10 “Happy Birthday” posts each day. The communication people asked for is not a pat on the head. That’s the problem with WoW Retail communication. Plenty of words, zero substance.

The Classic team has been communicating great substance week after week. I am totally grateful for that, and I am not such a narcissist that I need a pat on the head every day or two to confirm that someone important is reading.

1 Like

What “substance” has been communicated beyond “there will be oceanic realms” in the past month? You are truly reaching.

1 Like

July 3: What’s next after the Beta Test, plus information on the results of the Beta Test.

July 12: Oceanic Realms plus notification Realms will be released before Character Creation

July 17: Confirmation that they are still on track for an August 27th release.

These are important pieces of information. And only the fact that you have them means you can sweep them under the rug and say “No communication!”. The Oceanic Realms question was a big answer and they finally could tell us. The others are regular check ins to say they’re on track.

Would you prefer to not have those answers, but have Kaivax pop in on every second thread and go

pat

instead?

Anyone jnow the daily ratio on classic posts to general?

Lmao…

Yeap…

There were 25 in June in the Classic discussion, but apparently that’s not satisfactory.

pat

He is too busy bouncing while he talks in an empty room in front of a camera apologizing to retail about being “better” for the 30+ time, while waving his hands around. You know… normal PR stuff.

1 Like