Where did all the Silvermoon RP run off too?

Not used to logging into Silvermoon and it be completely empty, where did all the RP run off to in the new expansion?

2 Likes

SMC died a few years ago unfortunately. I want to say in BFA? I don’t even remember a gradual drop-off, I went there one day and it was just empty. I know last year MG SMC was getting a crowd, but it was a large group in the inn, nowhere near the amount of people to fill the city like it once was. I really miss SMC RP.

2 Likes

Sharding cut it deep. Shadowlands finished it off.

SL was trauma we don’t talk about. SL was like covid but in wow, that exp… that patch was horrible. Sorry I can’t call it expansion cuz it wasn’t.

2 Likes

There was still some rp in shadowlands but it was very, very diminished and iirc, the drama that was persisting ended up causing what was left there to either shift to mg-a or quit.

So basically you’re saying that Wyrmrest is dead for RP now and its all on MG?

1 Like

Silvermoon rp isn’t as prominent as it once was but you can still find it! Every Sunday afternoon Eledris hosts the Songbird Eatery in the Court of the Sun! 5:30 server, I believe.

5 Likes

Really just looking to see where the RP moved to kinda hard to find any in a dead city, if the server RP has dropped then I guess I probably need to think about finding a different server to play on.

The Wyvern Tail is where you’ll find most spontaneous RP these days. It’s hopping there in the evening.

2 Likes

Is that in Org?

Yep. Org is where all the non-event RP is. otherwise, WrA is very event- and guild-focused. Many of the events are public, so they’re quite enjoyable. I recommend finding guilds and friends for RP on this server, though. I’ve had good experiences doing that.

Heck, I’m thinking of starting my own adventure guild with a slight Illidari theme.

3 Likes

Wyrmrest has been guild centeric for a while and it’s become even more so in recent expansions, if you want to be pointed in the direction of Blood Elf guilds there’s a few good options I can recommend! Sunreavers and The Ashen Court come to mind:

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll look into them but I’m not really looking for race specific especially now that guilds can be horde and alliance.

If you want to see what the rest of the server is up to I recommend the Wyrmrest Community Project Discord server as well! There’s an event calendar and guild listings:

There’s ALSO going to be a combined Horde/Alliance guild Faire! The server does separate Horde and Alliance fairs monthly, but with the new guild system will be a special joint Faire!

1 Like

Yes it’s dead. Please do not come here. We are dead and trying to remain dead. I’m sick of people saying we’re alive and well, I’m not okay and sick and tired

6 post 27k+ achievement level 60 male blood elf paladin thread

Jumping to conclusion all RP is dead because Silvermoon RP is gone and it’s moved to other places and then saying you’re not interested in race specific guilds is not completely unhinged but also I’m not faithful you care much at all about whatever it is you’re talking about

2 Likes

I also took a break a bit before SL released and recently returned and I was wondering the same about Silvermoon too the other day. I hope it becomes more lively again and if it is a weird sharding thing Blizzard fixes that. Easily one of my fave zones aesthetically and Blood Elves are great!

i have some theories as to why SMC is quiet and belf rp is generally smaller now.

1. Blizzard has killed blood elf identity. Being a blood elf no longer feels the way you felt when rolling a belf in BC. Add to the fact that the Nightborne deliver on the original fantasy of the blood elves and there’s a community split.
  2. in addition, void elves can now be high elves. I’ve heard people say that void elves are also reminders of why they rolled a blood elf in the first place (and i feel this way about demon hunters). So that’s another community split.
  3. Finally, you have the people that want to be a pretty elf in a video game, particularly queer people who like being androgynous. There might be some other video game that delivers on this fantasy a little better. And if you were never invested in blood elves as an identity, Elezen are just as good.

In conclusion: if we’re going to repopulate the blood elf population, we have to make blood elves better. We need prettier faces for belf men. And more thigh highs for male models in general. That’s all. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

2 Likes

We used to RP in Silvermoon more as I had the guild stationed there but after being trolled a few times, we left for Suramar and Dalaran.

2 Likes