When did the WoW community get so political?

College Humors we didn’t start the Flame war.

Strong language to those easily triggered only watch if you can handle it.

but its point about the person who did not start the flame war.

Because it’s getting so tired. Telling others what you personally find rude or offensive is very… well, personal. It’s individual. Everyone is different and we all find different things offensive/creepy/weird. Telling others doesn’t change their mind or enlighten them it only makes you feel better. You can hear something, disagree, and move on. Neither of us did this today. /shrug

2 Likes

That is weird. It isn’t weird at all in the scientific realm to refer to subjects as male or female and that bit of scientific protocol is followed even in things like polls for social sciences. It is weird to say “I’m going to get some beers with my male friends” but it isn’t weird to say “a poll showed males consume 30 more liters of beer per year than females.” Guess which category this fits under?

Honestly you sound extremely socially awkward and I would be surprised if you even leave your home. Now I think I am actually creeped out because I think I’m communicating with a poorly programmed robot or an alien that hasn’t had enough time to mature on earth to learn how different ways of speaking are applied to different situations.

14 Likes

I’d never have guessed that a lefty would try to characterize people on the right as being bigoted, misogynistic, religious racial purists. You’re so edgy.

3 Likes

Indeed they are.

They are the true edge lords.

1 Like

I have never seen a post on these forums get 10 likes in the span of 1 minute of it being posted. Are you having other people come in and like it or something? That was super weird to watch.

Polls aren’t a reliable source especially from a left wing biased news source. Many wouldn’t even agree on exactly what feminism is. And many other polls show the opposite. This poll literally means nothing.

1 Like

That probably has a lot to do with it, really.

I’ll tell ya what though, as I have grown older I have begun to careless about politics… well this extreme partisan politics to be specific. I realize it’s kinda “ironic” in a way to be like I dont being all about politics while I sit here talking it, but I am just tired of hating and fighting over it.

It’s like all the division politicians and the media is pushing just ended up making me, a left winger, wanna be more friendly with conservatives. In a way that’s my political activism… not being so divided.

Even the folks in this thread who’d disagree with me over things like my gender or my relationship and I disagree with them over their politics, but in the end it’s not that high on the list of what makes someone who they are.

It’s just like people are just so much more Human first than some little political differences, and while it’s fun to poke fun at conservatives (and have them poke fun at me) I am TIRED of letting politicians try and dictate who I should respect or break bread with! So screw those divisive people… MAGA hat wearer is welcome in my house.

3 Likes

Can you give me another poll that shows different then?

Whoa, whoa, whoa… liters of beer? This is America friend. It’s pints, bottles, or tallboys.

4 Likes

lol I am to old. when I first heard trigger. I thought this

4 Likes

It’s nothing new.
What you experience has been happening forever.
What has changed is that now there are billions more of us, and information is instantaneously broadcast. Everyone now believes that they are a journalist, when many can barely even read. Events and agendas get pushed to the forefront of daily life simply by being published into the medium that has become the monster that has consumed the world.

1 Like

I might also be a little hangry right now @pook. Which would explain why I chose to combat you rather than leaving it alone. I still think it’s a silly thing to announce when you find someone else’s choice of words ‘wrong’ or in your case ‘creepy’

I have a sister in law who does that pretty often, in real life no less. She always criticizes everyone on their word choices as if she’s discovered some profound meaning behind every letter that you speak. Nobody likes her.

2 Likes

Using liters, and his post gets 10 likes in literally 1 minute. Something is suspicious about this guy. Maybe he’d like a liter of vodka if you catch my drift.

2 Likes

A vox poll in 2015. Sorry I can’t link it.

Ironically from another left wing news outlet, but you see my point. Polls aren’t reliable whatsoever. And I shouldn’t have to do your homework for you. You can find things like that almost immediately.

1 Like

I didn’t say “wrong” anywhere. I said creepy. I did it once, and I said please. You’re assuming I do it all the time. I don’t.

2016 election can attest to the reliability of poll data.

Edit: Funny how the results depend on who is polled and where. Can skew any poll to lean your way if you try.

3 Likes

Definitely suspicious. He’s saying the non-robot way to talk is “that male consumed 1 liter of beer”. I’m not a robot expert or anything, but that sounds like exactly what a robot would say.

Sorry everyone reported OP so topic will get shut down soon no more Trolls from either side.

And you will all loose those likes you gained when topic is deleted.

The Mods are on their way as we speak (They should be…)

It might just be an American thing. I don’t think the rest of the world is as preoccupied with politics as America is and it’s gotten noticeably worst over the last few years.